Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support (1256 Views)

Asus Fonepad 7 Tablet, Sim Support.... 15k sold / 2020 Iphone Models Will Have 5G Support With OLED Display / Iphone With Dual-sim Support Due In 2018, Apple Looking To Intel For Modems: Kuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Dual SIM dual standby (DSDS) setup is standard in almost all smartphone brands available today except for iPhones, but that might be changing soon as recent reports has it that Apple might be working on equipping it's 2019 iPhone models with dual SIM capabilities.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-o1TLTay5iFg/WhcQTvcBLiI/AAAAAAAARrQ/0r9661mSnEA1xlOIDlBdjzMxlk_NaEbIgCLcBGAs/s1600/yomitech.com_iphone-2018.jpg[/img]
According to Ming Chi Kuo from KGI securities who is known for many accurate Apple predictions, the 2018 iPhone models will support gigabit LTE speeds, just like the Note 8 or Galaxy S8 and also Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) SIM setup.
Apple will implement a faster module which will feature 4x4 MIMO setup instead of the current 2x2 antenna modules. Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 features the 4x4 MIMO antenna module instead of the 2X2 on the iPhone X and in a recent speed test which was conducted, the Samsung galaxy note 8 beat the iPhone X with up to 2x the speed.

According to the memo by Ming-Chi Kuo;
"2H18 iPhone models won't only offer faster LTE transmission speed: We predict that at least one of the 2H18 new iPhone models will support dual-SIM dual standby (DSDS). Unlike existing DSDS phones, which commonly support LTE+3G connections, we believe next-generation iPhone models will support LTE+LTE connections, in a bid to enhance the user experience."
Base on the memo above, the newer iPhone models will not just support dual SIM dual standby both LTE + LTE on both Sims unlike the LTE + 3G you find on most android devices. This means that you will be able to use LTE on both Sims simultaneously.

An earlier note by Kuo has said Apple will launch three models of the Apple iPhone in 2018, and one will be mid-range variant with a more affordable pricing. Also the notch on the top and the Face ID scanner are here to stay.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/11/future-apple-iphone-expected-to-have-dual-sim.html
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by SUPERPACK: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good morning.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
I doubt apple will ever let their phones support dual SIM. This is a company that removed headphone jack from their phone and gradually many phone makers are following trend, Google already joined them with the pixel 2. And not all phones have dual SIM as standard (except the Chinese phones). I know Samsung, LG , HTC have some dual SIM versions of their phones but they are not sold in the US, they are mainly meant for the Chinese and African market.

Apple are a company that can do something and get away with it. Dual SIM? NO NO. At least not yet. iPhones are the only phones that run on iOS, so they can afford to add or remove a feature from their device, it still won't affect their sales, u know why? Because if u love iOS u have no choice than to buy the iPhone. So they have absolutely no reason to add dual SIM to their phones as it will not affect their sales.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by ip2121918021(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:
I doubt apple will ever let their phones support dual SIM. This is a company that removed headphone jack from their phone and gradually many phone makers are following trend, Google already joined them with the pixel 2. And not all phones have dual SIM as standard (except the Chinese phones). I know Samsung, LG , HTC have some dual SIM versions of their phones but they are not sold in the US, they are mainly meant for the Chinese and African market.

Apple are a company that can do something and get away with it. Dual SIM? NO NO. At least not yet. iPhones are the only phones that run on iOS, so they can afford to add or remove a feature from their device, it still won't affect their sales, u know why? Because if u love iOS u have no choice than to buy the iPhone. So they have absolutely no reason to add dual SIM to their phones as it will not affect their sales.

Man, you don't know Apple.

They will release a dual SIM iPhone, but it's going to be for an extra $300. Once you start buying their products it's going to be difficult to stop.
Na God and my friends save me from them

2 Likes

Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

U never know bro
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2017
Reediano:

U never know bro

I guess we wait and see. But I strongly doubt they will make dual SIM iPhones. Apple would rather u buy 2 iPhones than have 1 with 2 sims
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by MarkWayne89: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2017
The thing is we never know what they are going to do next.

This is purely speculation. Apple never says what feature their next phone will have until they release it.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

I guess we wait and see. But I strongly doubt they will make dual SIM iPhones. Apple would rather u buy 2 iPhones than have 1 with 2 sims
But who would prefer 2 iPhones at a time over a slightly expensive Dual SIM iPhone
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Reediano:

But who would prefer 2 iPhones at a time over a slightly expensive Dual SIM iPhone

Apple's biggest market is the US and Americans don't even fancy dual sim phones. Like I said it will not affect their sales whether they make it dual sim or not. Apple are all about profit and they are in the habit of removing than adding. They shrunk the sim card to micro sim card, and then nano sim card, they yanked off the headphone jack... u think they will now add an extra sim slot?
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

Apple's biggest market is the US and Americans don't even fancy dual sim phones. Like I said it will not affect their sales whether they make it dual sim or not. Apple are all about profit and they are in the habit of removing than adding. They shrunk the sim card to micro sim card, and then nano sim card, they yanked off the headphone jack... u think they will now add an extra sim slot?
Bruh, if they do this, it will be mainly for the Asian market (India and China)... You really need to check the stats to know how much market share Apple has in those two countries alone
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Decale: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

I laughed when I saw the news. Gigabit LTE definitely but dual SIM? Lol. They'll probably go with the E SIM type like Pixel 2 but conventional?

When most flagships are dropping the dual SIM variant, na Apple of all companies that can't even give you 3.5 mm or sd card will start dual SIM. Lolll
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
Decale:

I laughed when I saw the news. Gigabit LTE definitely but dual SIM? Lol. They'll probably go with the E SIM type like Pixel 2 but conventional?

When most flagships are dropping the dual SIM variant, na Apple of all companies that can't even give you 3.5 mm or sd card will start dual SIM. Lolll

E SIM will work mostly in the western market but other regions are yet to adopt it..
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by henryobinna(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

You're right, But for Apple to plan releasing mid-range smartphones says something about their sales(or profit) they're not making it as before hence the need to accommodate the mid-range fellas. Of course that'llbe at the expense of premium quality (hardware wise), am not an i-fanboy, but I admire their choice of premium materials for their devices.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
henryobinna:
You're right, But for Apple to plan releasing mid-range smartphones says something about their sales(or profit) they're not making it as before hence the need to accommodate the mid-range fellas. Of course that'llbe at the expense of premium quality (hardware wise), am not an i-fanboy, but I admire their choice of premium materials for their devices.

But you know the no 1 country that will patronise those midrange iPhones is India and that country is a die hard fan of dual SIM.....

But seriously, let's just wait and see what next year holds...

We can only predict right now cheesy
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by abatically(m): 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
henryobinna:

Hmm, do u know the worst phone apple made was the iPhone 5c which was an attempt to mid range phones and that phone did not even sell because iPhone users are used to that premium feel. Also they called it mid range and sold for $500... That is the price of flagship killers like one plus 5.

I still doubt apple will compromise quality to make mid range phones. If they everyday come out with another mid range phone (they haven't since the 5c) it still won't be cheap. If they are selling the regular iPhone for $800 they will sell the so called cheap one for around $600 which is the price of a flagship Android.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
greenhulk:

It's because of the Chinese and Indian markets .
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
Decale:

Exactly my thoughts. It would take something really serious for Apple to make a drastic change. Apple will always have their market dual sim or not, they have IOS locked down so people will always flock out to buy their phones. SD card? NO. 3.5mm? NO. How on earth will they include dual sim? Even if they decide to make mid range phones (which I doubt they would, People didn't buy the iPhone 5c even though it was cheaper), they still won't make it dual sim.
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by supervillain52(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
Dual sim when the pple want to start using e sims(embedded sims)
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by thegame(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
ip2121918021:

Once you start buying their products it's going to be difficult to stop.
Na God and my friends save me from them

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Flashh: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
The way bloggers fudge articles these day is alarming.

4 Likes

Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
Flashh:
The way bloggers fudge articles these day is alarming.

Always go a little Google search or at least read the post before attacking bloggers na... Not all of us are news hungry cheesy
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
ollah1:

It's because of the Chinese and Indian markets .
Exactly...
Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Flashh: 11:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
^^

Google gives fake infos very well.

1 Like

Re: Future Apple Iphone Models Expected To Feature Dual-sim Support by Reediano(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Flashh:
^^

Google gives fake infos very well.
If Google fails us then who do we run to cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Need A New Smartphone / How to Use Iphone 6s Plus As Hotspot??? / Cx Vs Cmore Vs Note 4 Pro: Which One Has Better Value For Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.