Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog (1643 Views)

My First Dog / My First Dog!! / My First Dog Ever (A German Shepherd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by mgbadike81: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
please, I'm relocating by early next year and I'm considering acquiring a local dog as my first dog. I would like to train it to serve as a bad ass alert dog,guard dog and personal protection dog.I intend giving it the best medical attention I can afford, shelter,quality but affordable feeding and home training.I'm in the east but I might buy the bigger local hunting breeds found in the north if possible next year. please, give me all needed advice including whether to go for a male or female if possible. I really want this to be a good learning experience, thanks for your anticipated wonderful advice.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by prinzetobi: 12:16am On Nov 24, 2017
OP I admire your willingness to acquire our indigenously bred dogs ie. Local dogs.
But I think you're expecting too much from the dog you're yet to buy.
Alert dog, yes. They bark
But personal protection, you need to upgrade to unlock that package.
Good luck with your dogs bro all the best.
I also have a guy who produces kibbles, made here in Nigeria but result is super. I could link you when it's about that time.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by mgbadike81: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
please, more comments from our dear members.
Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by rumenase(m): 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
getting a local dog is not bad but I think yur expectations exceeds what a local dog can offer.
Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by rumenase(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
prinzetobi:
OP I admire your willingness to acquire our indigenously bred dogs ie. Local dogs.

I also have a guy who produces kibbles, made here in Nigeria but result is super.
I could link you when it's about that time.

how good is the local kibbles
Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by prinzetobi: 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Please get in touch. +2349093199337
Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by Jibola77: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, for everyone looking to buy a puppy, visit www.kennelpride.com. There are a lot of high quality pure breeds you can choose from. Also,Kennel Pride has puppies all year round.

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by rockcy: 1:55am On Jul 24, 2018
its wah you want and make sure you go for what you need not want

Via: http://www.beardtrimmerkits.com/category/grooming/

1 Share

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by agboedeh: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
prinzetobi:
I also have a guy who produces kibbles, made here in Nigeria but result is super. I could link you when it's about that time.
not all local dogs are dummies. I own a nice local hunting dog that excessively aggressive towards strangers and bit 2 people in my area for trespassing. its also considerably more than average in size

local dogs are very nice ,aggressive and loyal if properly taken care of

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by Mgbadike80: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
agboedeh:
not all local dogs are dummies. I own a nice local hunting dog that excessively aggressive towards strangers and bit 2 people in my area for trespassing. its also considerably more than average in size

local dogs are very nice ,aggressive and loyal if properly taken care of
very neat and healthy looking dog, do you hunt with it? please tell us more about it including age and feeding.
Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by agboedeh: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
thanks a lot.......its a year and four month old .
I don't hunt with it oo..lol....no bush in Dis side. Although,he has killed our neighbours native chicken 3 times(had to pay for it)and injured our easter goat. He feeds on cooked fresh fish mixed with crayfish,rice and palm oil and occasionally raw chicken and fish.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Getting A First Dog by AmeliaScott93(f): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hi! I always liked retrievers very much. This is why they often participate in promotional videos. They are very smart and kind dogs and they are also very beautiful, aren't they? But they require a lot of attention and care. If you have a lot of free time that you'll devote to your dog, then you can become a retriever owner. Moreover, I recommend that you visit various blogs about dogs to know how to properly care for your dog. You can also find various tips for dog owners there. For example, I really like a blog called Care Of My Dog. There you can read tips on what food and treats for dogs it is better to buy or how to help your dog get rid of fleas without harm to its health. I think dog owners should read more useful information about how to properly care for them to ensure they have a good life in their home.

(1) (Reply)

Very Good Adult Female Lhasa Needed / Help! Please What Breed Of Puppy Is This? / Pure Bred Rottweiler Pups: Quick Sale. Call :07018098334

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.