Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet (642 Views)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. / Video Of Huge Whale Killed In Bayelsa, Butchered With Chain Saw Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by ireayomide2015: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
I saw this beautifful machine made in china on the internet, I have studied it, researh on it, I think is what I can do and the material needed is here. My questions are
1. have I commited anything against the law if I make my own for commercial use with little changes.

If eventually I succeeded can it be patent?

Please no abuse am a technical personand I believe that anything can be done..
Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by 4kings: 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wirinet and Delishpot i think your advice is needed here.
Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by wirinet(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2017
ireayomide2015:
I saw this beautifful machine made in china on the internet, I have studied it, researh on it, I think is what I can do and the material needed is here. My questions are
1. have I commited anything against the law if I make my own for commercial use with little changes.

You provided little details on the machine you are talking about, so it is impossible to comment on the practicality or feasibility of the project. There are many highly technical people here on nairaland that can give useful advice if you are more forth coming.

Now to your questions;
1. It is a bit tricky. If the machine has been patented, then you will be violating international patent laws, but I would not say it is a crime. I do not know of any country that criminalize or even punish international patent violations. Asian countries, especially China depends on violating international patent and intellectual property rights to drive it's economy.

2. You cannot patent it, since the machine was copied and not designed by you. The original designers of the machine ( most probably Europeans or Americans) would have already patented it. The Chinese most probably cloned the original of the machine with cheaper materials as usual.

Why not make the machine and test it first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by 4kings: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2017
wirinet:

You provided little details on the machine you are talking about, so it is impossible to comment on the practicality or feasibility of the project. There are many highly technical people here on nairaland that can give useful advice if you are more forth coming.

Now to your questions;
1. It is a bit tricky. If the machine has been patented, then you will be violating international patent laws, but I would not say it is a crime. I do not know of any country that criminalize or even punish international patent violations. Asian countries, especially China depends on violating international patent and intellectual property rights to drive it's economy.

2. You cannot patent it, since the machine was copied and not designed by you. The original designers of the machine ( most probably Europeans or Americans) would have already patented it. The Chinese most probably cloned the original of the machine with cheaper materials as usual.

Lol grin grin grin, Shey you get beef against China ni?
Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by Patented: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Patents are territorial in nature. That is why applicants apply for patents in every country they intend to exploit their patent. That is also part of why inventions are surrounded with so much secrecy. So that someone does not go and implement the invention in a country where you are yet to apply for a patent. You cannot apply for a patent in Nigeria and expect it to be protected in South Africa for instance. Except there is an express treaty to that effect. there are two limitations to the patent

1. if the Chinese company applies for a patent in Nigeria before he does.
2. the product has already been put on display and our law requires that you apply for your patent before exhibiting the product. except the exhibition was for educational purposes only.

Alternatively the invention may not even qualify for a patent in terms of novelty. Although no one in Nigeria is going to check its novelty, you may run into problems when you try to exploit other markets.

Intellectual property procedure is a bit more complex than most people think. we tend to oversimplify, trade marks, Patents Designs and copyright.

wirinet:

Now to your questions;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by delishpot: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2017
ireayomide2015:

To patent it, you must make sure that the original designer did not patent his own or you recreate your own and exchange some very critical part or item the original creator has patented with your own. Example, if someone patents a particular oil powered battery using WiFi to connect and charge phones you can use the same WiFi idea and patent a water powered battery design. So yes they both use wifi but the means of power makes them unique.

I do not think it is bad to make and sell it as long as you do not use the original creators name, logo and brand and claim it as yours . Just like cars and other inventions, people copy and recreate their own designs.

4kings:
Wirinet and Delishpot i think your advice is needed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by ireayomide2015: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Thank you very much, am asking this because It will take alot of money and trier errors to come up with standard like the one I saw, am just trying to avoid a situation whereby I wll finish the job and someone will now come up with legal one thing, one thing, thank you I will go ahead...
Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by wirinet(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Patented:
Patents are territorial in nature. That is why applicants apply for patents in every country they intend to exploit their patent. That is also part of why inventions are surrounded with so much secrecy. So that someone does not go and implement the invention in a country where you are yet to apply for a patent. You cannot apply for a patent in Nigeria and expect it to be protected in South Africa for instance. Except there is an express treaty to that effect. there are two limitations to the patent

1. if the Chinese company applies for a patent in Nigeria before he does.
2. the product has already been put on display and our law requires that you apply for your patent before exhibiting the product. except the exhibition was for educational purposes only.

Alternatively the invention may not even qualify for a patent in terms of novelty. Although no one in Nigeria is going to check its novelty, you may run into problems when you try to exploit other markets.

Intellectual property procedure is a bit more complex than most people think. we tend to oversimplify, trade marks, Patents Designs and copyright.

I must confess I am not so conversant with patent laws. I thought it has the same requirement as intellectual property and copyright laws.

From what you said, patent laws and even intellectual property rights is highly complex and varies from country to country. These laws are the perogative of each individual countries, but some countries forge treaties and agreements that protects each other's patent, intellectual and copyright laws.

Just like Delishport said, as long as you do not use the original creators name, logo or brand, you will not have any problem.

1 Like

Re: Replicating A Machine Saw On The Internet by ireayomide2015: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
thank you...

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Track Your Lost Phone. Simple And Easy. / How To Unlock Samsung S8, Remove Samsung S8+ Lock Screen? / Itel Mobile Launches Its Revolutionary First Fingerprint Entry-level Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.