Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

The #HR Tale - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The #HR Tale (346 Views)

Hr And Non-compete Clauses: The Burden Of Enforceability. / Nigeria’s Top 50 HR Professionals To Be Unveiled / Launch Your Career In HR! Attend The HR Essentials Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The #HR Tale by lawlawson(m): 12:41am On Nov 24, 2017
HR and the tale of wearing 2 hats!

I hear HR professionals talk about wearing 2 hats.

Well… in my opinion...? No!

Why not?

Even in the literal sense, the statement is “defective” as 2 hats cannot be worn on the same head at a time. Except, of course, something is not right up there.

In my opinion, HR professionals need not wear 2 hats. Rather, they should wear 1 hat with equal sides/halves.

Why?

To avoid being biased.

How?

Because if not, they might be tempted to favour the party whose hat is on their head(s) at any given point in time.

In what way?

If they (HR professionals) have 2 hats, they will always have to switch them, which will mean seeing things from a single viewpoint at any given time. Meaning? When they have the employee hat on, they will most likely be on the side of the Employees. Similarly, when they have that of the Management on, they will take sides with Management.

Therefore…

My take is that HR professionals always have a single hat on so that they can see from the eyes of both parties (Employee and Management) at a glance and take an objective stance without taking any sides.

#My1Kobo
#The2HatsHRtale
#1Hat
#HumanResources

(1) (Reply)

Navigating A Route To Career Success / N-power Commences Physical Verification Exercise, See Vital Informations. / Nigerian Law School Churns Out 4,294 Lawyers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.