Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Do You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You (648 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You by MissRaine69(f): 4:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Know what your status is in regards your health?
When was your last smear test? Cervical cancer is the second most frequent cancer among women in Nigeria after breast cancer early detection is essential.

Do you know the health status of your partner? Considering that Nigeria has the second largest HIV epidemic in the world and has one of the highest new infection rates in sub-Saharan Africa why do we behave as if this problem is only for sex workers?
I am curious to know why there is resistance when it comes to testing, why are we so afraid to safeguard ourselves?
Re: Do You by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2017
Concerning the HIV issue, the typical Nigerian would rather live in ignorance and denial than get tested. You’d hear them make silly rhetorics such as “Why get tested? One day you’ll find what you’re looking for”, “Ignorance is bliss” and sadly, a number of them actually believe that the disease is a fallacy, conjured by the white People in order to rip people off their money through ARVs. That said, people do not just know how prevalent HIV is. I think the figures quoted on the number of people living with the disease is grossly underrepresented. I have a family memeber who works in the health sector and he confided in me that almost a third of people who come to the hospital for one reason or the other and get tested for HIV as part of routine check up always turn out to be positive. He’s come in contact with hundreds, possibly thousands of health care seekers and nearly a third of those people are HIV positive. You can imagine what this figure would amount to on a larger scale. So, In summary, the issue of getting tested scares the hell out of the average Nigerian because they tend to involve in lots of casual, unsafe sexual activities. In other words, they fûck a lot. Unsafely too.
MissRaine69:
Know what your status is in regards your health?
When was your last smear test? Cervical cancer is the second most frequent cancer among women in Nigeria after breast cancer early detection is essential.

Do you know the health status of your partner? Considering that Nigeria has the second largest HIV epidemic in the world and has one of the highest new infection rates in sub-Saharan Africa why do we behave as if this problem is only for sex workers?
I am curious to know why there is resistance when it comes to testing, why are we so afraid to safeguard ourselves?
Re: Do You by MissRaine69(f): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
I agree it’s a gross under repressentation it’s actually a lot higher than is reported and that is because Nigeria only started addressing the issue as late as 2015 .
Avoidance seems to be a culturally accepted way of dealing with something.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Help You Lose 50lbs + More In 2017 / 2018 - Before & After Pics / Video / Check If Your Body Cream Contain Any Of The Following / Alcohol And Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.