Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Ebuka And Agbada Regalia: My Take -okoro Mark Ogbonnaya - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ebuka And Agbada Regalia: My Take -okoro Mark Ogbonnaya (807 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Replies Ooni On Igbo Migration / Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro Responses To Ooni Of Ife About the Igbo Race / An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People By Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebuka And Agbada Regalia: My Take -okoro Mark Ogbonnaya by iamstanc(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2017
EBUKA AND AGBADA REGALIA: MY TAKE.

By

Okoro Mark Ogbonnaya (Maazị Ogbonnaya)

When people were busy talking about Ebuka agbada beating others during Banky W traditional marriage I did nothing but went into full research about him and his personality. I noticed that it is not all about the tailor and the material but the one putting it on. "Ejiji nwere onye ọ na-ekwesị ekwesị".

This is not the first time Ebuka's regalia is causing one to salivate. The below photos show his outfit in cultural dressing, be it Yoruba or Igbo. Anyone he comes in, he stands so tall.

Ebuka is promoting Igbo traditional identity. From the hand fan on his hand, you will see his title and full name. He put nze in his name. Yes, many people have forgotten or know nothing about the word "Nze". But seeing his title as nze whether he is or not will arouse identical or cultural consciousness in people.

His name is: Ebuka Obi Uchendụ. There is no foreign name attached to his. Perhaps he has, but he dropped it and moved ahead with his native name. If Ebuka is one of those Igbo brothers who have lost their identity and bear Mhizta Paulo John MacArthur, such name couldn't have rhyme with the agbada as we now have what is called "Ebuka agbada". What do I mean? His nativity must have been lost or misplaced. Now Ebuka's is traceable.

His main title is Nze Nnakenyi. This is a big title. For one to be regarded as a full Igbo man, he must have taken a title. This title "Nnakenyi" has a long way to go to expose his cultural orientation despite his academic and worldly exposures.

In a nutshell, while people are busy discussing about his agbada and traditional marriage of Banky W, I researched fully into other aspects people don't know about him. Ebuka has been attending different Igbo Festivals home and abroad. The previous Ọkịja festival, he attended where he snapped with Bright Chimezie, the king of zigima music. Ebuka doesn't only dress to attend weddings, that is one facet of his personalities.

Ebuka is a Lawyer and a TV host. He studied Law from the University of Abuja and American University Washington College of Law. He then studied at the American University Washington DC with Masters of Laws degree specializations in intellectual property as well as Communication laws. He is from Ọkịja Anambra State but was born on the 14th July 1982 in Benin City, Edo State. Unlike some who think they have arrived, his educational background, western exposures never quench his identical and linguistic desires. He knows his root.

All these ladies tripping on him, Ebuka got engaged with Cynthia Obianodo, HR manager on April 15, 2015 and they got married in Lagos on the 6th February 2016. They have a child. Trip no more... hahahahaha. He currently lives in Lagos with his family. Ebuka has won many awards and recognitions.

Ebuka keep slaying. Slaying king with brain.

Maazi Ogbonnaya is an academic, writer and translator of the Igbo language. His work aims at preserving and reviving the language & culture of one of Africa's largest ethnic groups.

http://www.luckynewsinfo.com/2017/11/ebuka-and-agbada-regalia-my-take-okoro.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka And Agbada Regalia: My Take -okoro Mark Ogbonnaya by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
Beautiful.

(1) (Reply)

Oba Ewuare 11 Of Benin Places Curse On Sex Workers, Human Traffickers, Others / Togo And Benin Ancient joystick Initiation / Why Are Do More Regent Come From Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.