Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man (858 Views)

Why Do Some Men Demand Intimacy before helping their Brother's Widow? / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by seunsola2411(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
MARRIED IN THE HOUSE INCLUDING SINGLES.PLEASE AM IN D HABIT OF HELPING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER IN D DOMESTIC CHORES, NOW EVEN WHEN AM A BIT BUSY AND MY WIFE INTENDS ME DOING SOMETHING MY REFUSAL IS TURNED TO A KIND OF U CANNOT HELP AND ALL SORTS, AS A CHRISTIAN I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF DOING MY BEST BUT IS LIKE I HAVE DONE WRONG. MORESO AM AN INDOOR PERSON, NO FRIENDS, NO OUTING, NO DRINKING NOR PARTY EXCEPT IF ON JOB, NOW IF I REACT WHAT PEOPLE SAY COS I THINK HELPING WOMEN AT HOME IS LIKE MEN ARE ALSO EQUAL TO THEM THE WAY THEY SEE THINGS.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Modelqwen(f): 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

Ur wife is lucky to have u for helping out with domestic chores because not all men do help
even wen d woman is down.
she shouldn't turn it to be ur obligations.

You haven't done anything wrong & it didn't make u equal with women either.

I think u should give a break in helping out
so that she would appreciate u more anytime
u offer to help.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
seunsola2411:
MARRIED IN THE HOUSE INCLUDING SINGLES.PLEASE AM IN D HABIT OF HELPING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER IN D DOMESTIC CHORES, NOW EVEN WHEN AM A BIT BUSY AND MY WIFE INTENDS ME DOING SOMETHING MY REFUSAL IS TURNED TO A KIND OF U CANNOT HELP AND ALL SORTS, AS A CHRISTIAN I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF DOING MY BEST BUT IS LIKE I HAVE DONE WRONG. MORESO AM AN INDOOR PERSON, NO FRIENDS, NO OUTING, NO DRINKING NOR PARTY EXCEPT IF ON JOB, NOW IF I REACT WHAT PEOPLE SAY COS I THINK HELPING WOMEN AT HOME IS LIKE MEN ARE ALSO EQUAL TO THEM THE WAY THEY SEE THINGS.

It's your household why are you concerned about "people", and what's wrong helping your wife with some chores[s]. I don't understand that part won't you want your wife to be stress free to some point, maybe am different sha [/s]

2 Likes

Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Lovetinz(m): 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nonsense!
How can you be helping everyday. Please stop.
Also, Stop eating everyday too.

3 Likes

Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Oyindidi(f): 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
She is a lucky woman, most married men don't help their wives.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by nerodenero: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
Never start what you can finish.

Women are wired in a way that only God understands. You will hear things like 'you don't love me like before the reason you stopped lending a helping hand, 'you are not caring anymore' etc.

You have started, you need to continue even when it's not convenient otherwise, wahala dey or you reduce or stop totally Which I won't advice you to, face the wahala once and for all and you gain your freedom. The choice is yours.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Modelqwen(f): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
pcguru1:

It's your household why are you concerned about "people", and what's wrong helping your wife with some chores. I don't understand that part won't you want your wife to be stress free to some point, maybe am different sha

He said when he is " busy"..... not like he don't help
at all.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by eyinjuege: 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
Can you get a maid to help around the house?

If she's not coping , and you're both overwhelmed with house chores, get someone to come in and clean your house daily or every 2-3 days.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Modelqwen:

He said when he is " busy"..... not like he don't help
at all.

Oh thanks I didn't see that

1 Like

Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by Evacroft: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
Whats the big deal! This thing is in u especially when u like a good environment or dont actually get satisfied with how others clean, and what specifically do u do? D only reason u are concerned is because of what society as placed in ur head, but my friend u will die of what society expects u to do. Do what u can and dont make a big fuss out of it. help while u can and if u are busy tell her u are busy without batting an eyelid.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by LadySarah: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nawaooo,what you are supposed to be happy about.Dont you know your wife is your glory and angel?it could be s her way of you bonding her then please help her out so that she doesnt get to look older thsn you even when you senior her.

my husband works his butt off at home when he's at home,babysits even at night and also accompanies me to the mkt,and yes he is a traditional igboman,he'd proudly tell you ''its my duty'',so i dont see what the problem is here
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by jashar(f): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Does your wife go to work @ least 5 times a week?

Do you live in the house @ least 5 times a week?
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by sisisioge: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2017
It is funny how people in marriages or committed relationships don't see that house chores causes more divorce/breakups than infidelity.

It is your house, biko do the best you can especially if your wife works too.

Or, just get a maid! EOD.
Re: Should Helping In The House Turn To A Daily Work For A Man by egopersonified(f): 8:03am On Nov 25, 2017
If you can't cope with chores then imagine what your wife is going through. You don't even need a live in maid. Look for someone to clean the house once or twice a week and pay weekly or monthly. We eat out, take clothes to the cleaners, kids to daycare, have drivers, gardeners, bankers, accountants, security men, etc but when it comes to chores, na the woman problem be that.

(1) (Reply)

I Needed a miracle and I just got a miracle. / Marriage Of Warri Billionaire Who Gave Out Cars As Souvenirs Wedding Day Crashes / Hire a skilled & screened domestic helper for ur household and offices HERE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.