Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How Do You Recover Lost Files On Mac? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do You Recover Lost Files On Mac? (844 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? / Recover Your Lost Files On Hard Drives Or Flash / Recover All Your Lost Files From Hard Disk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Recover Lost Files On Mac? by CarlP60: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2017
I recently accidently deleted a folder on mac, how can I recover the lost files?
Re: How Do You Recover Lost Files On Mac? by TinaWu(f): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2017
There are three possible ways for you to recover lost files Mac:

1. Check Trash on Mac. Sometimes you just move the files to Trash unintentionally. So go to Trash and check if the lost files are there or not. If they are in Trash, select them and choose "Put Back" to recover them.

2. Restore from Time Machine. This only works when you have backed up the files to Time Machine.
a. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
b. Choose the Time Machine icon.
c. Check the box next to Show Time Machine in menu bar if you haven’t.
d. Click Enter Time Machine after clicking the Time Machine icon in the Menu bar.
e. And you'll see a list of backups arranged by date, and then select one backup to find the files you want to restore. Find the file or folder in question and click Restore. Time Machine will then copy that file back to its original location on your hard drive.

3. Use a powerful data recovery tool.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Computer Welcome You On Start Up / End Of Year Ad Bonanza.... 100% Real. Hurry Now! / Intel Says Performance Impact Of Security Updates Not Significant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.