Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. (2564 Views)

Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw / Nationwide Job Placement By EMC {FRESH GRADUATES} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by pasteeT: 12:39am On Mar 26, 2010
It all started on page 28, of Tuesday Guardian of Jan 26, 2010. A big advert titled 'Careers in Human Resources' claimed that if you pay N99,000 for a 6 weeks HR Training, you are automatically guaranteed a job placement where you will continue to practice what you have learnt.
The bait was the guaranteed job placement so about 27 of us attended the training (you can do your calculations in naira).
A man (whom we later found out is a scammer) named Shola Ajani happened to be our host. He runs 'Learning Potentials’', 'maximise potentials' and the forum called nigeriajobsonline.
To cut the long story short, the training was nothing to write home about and worst of all; he does not have the capacity t0 give people the guaranteed job he advertised in the Guardian.
The last class which was the 6th week was so tense (when we woke up to the reality that we’ve been scammed)that we had to force the scammer (Shola Ajani) to sign a legal undertaken that he will place every single member of the class on a job as advertised and he signed it. To my amazement, it’s now the 8th week and he’s still tossing people to and fro.
Why will humans act so wickedly against fellow humans, knowing that N99k for a job seeker could be his/her entire life savings plus borrowings? Some actually borrowed the cash with a promise to pay with the guaranteed job promised.
As if that was not enough, while we were being scammed, Shola Ajani placed another such advert in The Guardian promising the same things to scam unsuspecting members of the public!
Say No to scammers! Beware of Mr Shola Ajani (his profile on his website is just a deception), beware of Maximise Potentials, and beware of Nigeriajobsonline.
I wish I read this kind of warning; it would have saved me 6 weeks of turmoil and N99k.
“The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing”. Please warn others also.
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by spoilt(f): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2010
people still fall for this? shocked

Honey , a company will give you a job and train you. Not you paying for your own training and then place you. Sorry.
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 26, 2010
LOL, are there %^$#@& people out there who really think that they can learn in 6weeks what others study for years?! and that some stupid company will hire you and your newfound skills rather than a qualified person?
i mean what "diploma" where you going to get at the end of that "course"?!

i mean: please dont get me wrong but how desperate are you?! how difficult is it for you to ask question before giving your hard earn 99k?

A good educational background for a human resources career is an associate's degree or bachelor's business degree in human resources or human resources administration. A master's degree in human resources or business administration is important for management positions. anyone with this level of education would have seen through the BS from the first day.

i also blame the guardian newspaper for allowing scammers to post phoney adverts without any checks being done, just pay and post whatever the fukc you want!
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by Nobody: 3:15am On Mar 26, 2010
@poster
LOL, are there %^$#@& people out there who really think that they can learn in 6weeks what others study for years?! and that some silly company will hire you and your newfound skills rather than a qualified person?
i mean what "diploma" where you going to get at the end of that "course"?!

i mean: please dont get me wrong but how desperate are you?! how difficult is it for you to ask question before giving your hard earn 99k? anyone PAYING someone to get a job or placement is a damn fool! any third party would get their cut from either the company or take a cut from your 1st salary but NEVER ASK YOU FOR MONEY IN ADVANCE.

A good educational background for a human resources career is an associate's degree or bachelor's business degree in human resources or human resources administration. A master's degree in human resources or business administration is important for management positions. anyone with this level of education would have seen through the BS from the first day.

i also blame the guardian newspaper for allowing scammers to post phoney adverts without any checks being done, just pay and post whatever the fukc you want!
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by spoilt(f): 3:17am On Mar 26, 2010
They cannot start screening every one or company that wants to place an ad. Sometimes simple common sense goes a long way.
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 26, 2010
my earlier post just vanished?!

i mean, havent any of the 27people scammed contacted and informed the guardian when 1)[/b]they realized they were scammed [b]2) they saw another ad?!

maybe the Guardian SHOULD screen anyone that pays top dollars to put "big adverts"that claims to offer employment to anyone who pays 99k, or dont they even read what they post on there?! dont they even care about the damage that such ad will cause to the paper in the long run?

just the main line of the ad would have alarm bell ringing all over it(if they had any brain):
pay 99k get a 6weeks course in HR and automatically get a job.
it sounds so silly and fake that i even wonder how anyone could have answered it (imagine if 500peeps had paid, do they have 500 position to fill)?!)
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by trueman1(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2010
@pastee T sorry 4d economic loss.To add 2what u said,I got 2know shola ajani on facebook when he introduced himself as a big HR professional,so i asked him some questions about a multinational oil i am have dealings based on his profile assertions,he dodged the enquiries i also called his office number one girl picked but related untrained as a secretary,and my spirit told me to delete him on my FB and other contact cos i quickly sensed scamming and other likely extortions.May God help us.pls Beware of pay B4 u get Job or placement it is a scam.
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by Naive: 9:19am On Mar 26, 2010
I will advise you pple to deal with d so called Shola Ajani spiritually.
Re: Beware Of Job Placement Scams! I Was A Victim. by chuxjay(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2016
pasteeT:
It all started on page 28, of Tuesday Guardian of Jan 26, 2010. A big advert titled 'Careers in Human Resources' claimed that if you pay N99,000 for a 6 weeks HR Training, you are automatically guaranteed a job placement where you will continue to practice what you have learnt.
The bait was the guaranteed job placement so about 27 of us attended the training (you can do your calculations in naira).
A man (whom we later found out is a scammer) named Shola Ajani happened to be our host. He runs 'Learning Potentials’', 'maximise potentials' and the forum called nigeriajobsonline.
To cut the long story short, the training was nothing to write home about and worst of all; he does not have the capacity t0 give people the guaranteed job he advertised in the Guardian.
The last class which was the 6th week was so tense (when we woke up to the reality that we’ve been scammed)that we had to force the scammer (Shola Ajani) to sign a legal undertaken that he will place every single member of the class on a job as advertised and he signed it. To my amazement, it’s now the 8th week and he’s still tossing people to and fro.
Why will humans act so wickedly against fellow humans, knowing that N99k for a job seeker could be his/her entire life savings plus borrowings? Some actually borrowed the cash with a promise to pay with the guaranteed job promised.
As if that was not enough, while we were being scammed, Shola Ajani placed another such advert in The Guardian promising the same things to scam unsuspecting members of the public!
Say No to scammers! Beware of Mr Shola Ajani (his profile on his website is just a deception), beware of Maximise Potentials, and beware of Nigeriajobsonline.
I wish I read this kind of warning; it would have saved me 6 weeks of turmoil and N99k.
“The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing”. Please warn others also.

I'm sure you have moved on but just curious, any update yet on the ish

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A CV Without Work Experience / Help!!! My Hubby Needs A Change Of Job Urgently / City-global Graduate Recruitment 2016/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.