Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old (842 Views)

My 13 Years Old Has Become Terrible! I Want To Send Her Back To Nigeria / Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? / Mum Whose Albino Son Was Turned Into A Meme Reveals How She... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old by theLegion(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
A woman whose heart stopped for 68 minutes as she was giving birth, woke up from coma thinking she was just 13-years-old.

Shannon Everett, 22, from Cwmbran in Gwent, South Wales had no idea she had two kids and a fiancé, Ioan.

Shannon, who suffered an amniotic fluid embolism last September had just told him and her mum, Nicola Everett, 46, she loved them when she started bleeding during child birth and the next her heart stopped beating and she started severely bleeding, all while giving birth to baby Nico.

According to Daily Mail, medics put her in an induced coma to save her life but when she woke up two weeks later she had no idea who her fiance or her two children were.

Nicola, a full-time carer, said: "She kept calling me "mammy" and when we asked her where she lived, she gave us the address for a house we'd lived in when she was 13.

"She had no idea who her fiancé was and didn't believe us when we told her she had two kids. It was like she'd forgotten her whole life and thought she was a teenager again."

After spending six weeks in hospital...

Full story - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/woman-whose-heart-stopped-for-68-minutes-wakes-up-from-coma-thinking-shes-13/

1 Like

Re: Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old by ClitoPen: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
They need to reintegrate her back into her life from the age of 13

(1) (Reply)

''nairalanders Please Help Me In This Case'' / What Is The Most Bizzare Thing Your Guest Has Done In Your Home / Please Can Anybody Recommend A Drug That Will Make Me Confident, Strong And Happ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.