Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng (1178 Views)

Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! / Naij Mail Service To End On 1st Jan 2018 / Meet The Non Nigerian Owners Of Naij And Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng by 3html: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Have you ever wondered why naij.com which is a popular website and most visited website in nigeria after Google and Facebook quickly redirected it website to naija.ng? Before I proceed read this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4158103/fg-clamps-down-online-newspapers
News have it that naij.com is among the listed site target to be shut down
Federal Government of Nigeria has allegedly begun secret moves that will see such online newspapers, blogs and websites perceived to constitute “threat to national security” permanently closed down.

According to the online report, the government, through the Nigerian Communications Commission, has engaged the services of a firm in Lagos to block the domain names of “several identified websites threatening national security”.
If Naij.com is truly blocked, then there is no way it will be accessible with a Nigerian IP address thus will in no doubt affect the site as 85% of it traffic comes from Nigeria.
The management of the blog quickly bought a new domain and foreign IP to counter this move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng by NCP: 10:10am On Nov 26, 2017
ok, next theory..
Re: Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng by yomalex(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
so what's stopping them from blocking the new domain undecided
Re: Reason Why Naij.com Changed To Naija.ng by itsmaleekbaby(m): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bros please can we chat? i got somethings to ask you.

3html:
Have you ever wondered why naij.com which is a popular website and most visited website in nigeria after Google and Facebook quickly redirected it website to naija.ng? Before I proceed read this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4158103/fg-clamps-down-online-newspapers
News have it that naij.com is among the listed site target to be shut down
Federal Government of Nigeria has allegedly begun secret moves that will see such online newspapers, blogs and websites perceived to constitute “threat to national security” permanently closed down.

According to the online report, the government, through the Nigerian Communications Commission, has engaged the services of a firm in Lagos to block the domain names of “several identified websites threatening national security”.
If Naij.com is truly blocked, then there is no way it will be accessible with a Nigerian IP address thus will in no doubt affect the site as 85% of it traffic comes from Nigeria.
The management of the blog quickly bought a new domain and foreign IP to counter this move

(1) (Reply)

Help With My Blog! / How Do I Get The 300naira Monthly Hosting Offer From Domainking / Pls I Need Someone That Will Verify My Fiverr Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.