Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm (5989 Views)

Poll: What is going to be the Outcome of the Match?

Nigeria Wins: 73% (31 votes)
Draw: 7% (3 votes)
Nigeria Loses: 19% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

AFCON 2nd Leg Egypt Vs Nigeria Alexandra Mar 29 7pm / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Niger : friendly Match (2 - 0 ) On 8th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
The Super Eagles of Nigeria (Team B or Home-based Eagles) are on the March again and this time they'll be taking on their Nothern neighbours the Menas of Niger Republic.  The match between the Super Eagles and their Nigerien counterparts is the second leg match of their 2011 African Nations Championship (CHAN) first qualifying rounds. Recall that, the Nigerien side had beaten the Eagles 2-0 in the first leg played in Niamey almost a fortnite ago. This loss has caused so much furore with some even calling it a national disgrace and embarrasement. The Super Eagles have a tall mountain to climb and have to win by a 3-goals margin to qualify to the next round and keep their dream of being in Sudan 2011 alive.

In the run up to this match, the team has been overhauled with the dropping of certain players and the inclusion of some new players. The match will take place in the ancient Northern City of Kano which is known for its passion/love for the game and vociferous support for local team, Kano Pillars. The  NFF has also alluded to this fact and said their reason for taking the match to Kano is intimidate & overwhelm our opponents with the massive crowd and turn-out on match day. Keep in mind that it was in this same Kano that the Super Eagles failed to beat Angola in a Germany 2006 world cup qualifying match and put paid to our ambition to be at that World Cup. So will it be a case of a Déjà Vu or will the outcome be different this time around? We'll find out the answer on Sunday, the 28th of March 2010 [/b]at around 6PM Nigerian time, meaning [b]kick-off time for the match is 4PM.

Meanwhile, don't forget to use the Poll, lol  grin tongue
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
In other related news

Daniel Amokachi Overhauls CHAN Team

Daniel Amokachi has overhauled his Super Eagles B team ahead of Sunday's win or bust African Nations Championship qualifier against Niger in Kano, axing nearly 10 players and calling up five more.

The Nigerians trail by two goals from the first leg and are on the brink of elimination, unless they can win by a three-goal margin, and the former Super Eagles forward has overhauled his squad for the game.

Among the players tossed out of the squad are 3SC goalkeeper Segun Oluwaniyi, Kwara United midfielder Isiaka Olawale and Dolphins striker Emma Nwachi.

Also out are Heartland's Bello Musa Kofarmata, Sunshine's John Agbawu, Gateway's Kayode Abiodun and ThankGod Amaefule of Sharks.

In-form Warri Wolves forward Fengor Ogude tops the list of players called up as replacement. Also in are Heartland's John Owoeri, Wolves goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim and Sharks Ahmed Kadiri.

They join League top scorer Ahmed Musa of Kano Pillars who was called in when the squad returned from Niger.

The game comes up at 4pm on Sunday at the Sani Abacha Stadium.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14592/amokachi-overhauls-chan-team.php
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
Meanwhile, the home-based players have all to play for as Lars Lagerback will be at the Stadium to watch the match on Sunday. A chance for some of them to give him a solid first impression and possibly make the team to SA 2010 if you ask me  grin cheesy

Lagerback to commence preparations in May
With just seventy-eight days to the World Cup which has been slated for South Africa, Super Eagles technical adviser, Lars Largerback has said he intends to commence preparations with the Super Eagles in the middle of May.

He said:"We haven't finalized all the planning so you have to wait and see. We expect to start in the middle of May with preparations for the World Cup.

The Swede Coach had also stated that all logistics were being put in place while he intends to watch the home-based Eagles for the first time in their 2nd leg qualifying match against the Menas of Niger Republic for the African Nation Championships which holds in Sudan next year.

"We have watched all the VCD because we wanted to get familiar with all the players and what we have done? We have done a lot of research, we have done a lot of statistics how much they have played. And so we have a large group on Nigerian players in Europe plus domestic players. After this match on Sunday, in Kano we will start going into the players moral details," he said.

Meanwhile, from all interviews granted by the Swedish Coach, all hope seems not to be lost for the home-based players as they also stand a chance to participate in the W/Cup. Lagerback had watched the home-based Eagles in training on Tuesday at the Abuja National stadium.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/40830/1/Lagerback-to-commence-preparations-in-May-/Page1.html
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by sley4life(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2010
9ja wins but i dont think they will qualify
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by jemmyvibe: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
I hope these super chickens eagles will make a difference in the world cup
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
i want to see how they would overturn a 2 goal deficit with 3 unreplied goals.

jemmyvibe:

I hope these super chickens eagles will make a difference in the world cup

they're not going to the world cup. they're players from the domestic league.
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by vicishow(m): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2010
Na only God sabi wetin dey do this NFF. Se na dat kind stupid game we suppose dey play now? Notin do dem sha me i dey make my dough
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ogbongzky(m): 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2010
I bet Amokachi will just have to follow Pa Amodu if he fails to qualify,
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by FBS: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
Go for the wins boys.

@Semid4lyfe. Nice one!
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by Rastamann: 7:10pm On Mar 27, 2010
Up Enyimba! Up Sootin! Victory acerta>
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2010
this is a little off topic but I remember one time one of my African American friends and I did a project on African countries and he said "Oh no those white folks DIDN'T name an African country "Nigga"" (Niger) LOL!.

But anyway I love foot ball but I cannot say who I think will win. undecided as I'm not going to jinx either team lol.
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by mamagee3(f): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
I could bet with everything I have that Nigeria is going to lose this match. undecided

semid4lyfe:

In other related news

Daniel Amokachi Overhauls CHAN Team

Daniel Amokachi has overhauled his Super Eagles B team ahead of Sunday's win or bust African Nations Championship qualifier against Niger in Kano, axing nearly 10 players and calling up five more.

The Nigerians trail by two goals from the first leg and are on the brink of elimination, unless they can win by a three-goal margin, and the former Super Eagles forward has overhauled his squad for the game.

Among the players tossed out of the squad are 3SC goalkeeper Segun Oluwaniyi, Kwara United midfielder Isiaka Olawale and Dolphins striker Emma Nwachi.

Also out are Heartland's Bello Musa Kofarmata, Sunshine's John Agbawu, Gateway's Kayode Abiodun and ThankGod Amaefule of Sharks.

In-form Warri Wolves forward Fengor Ogude tops the list of players called up as replacement. Also in are Heartland's John Owoeri, Wolves goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim and Sharks Ahmed Kadiri.

They join League top scorer Ahmed Musa of Kano Pillars who was called in when the squad returned from Niger.

The game comes up at 4pm on Sunday at the Sani Abacha Stadium.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14592/amokachi-overhauls-chan-team.php
Amokachi has started again. sad
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2010
super chicken go for food.best of luck. sha
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by abrahym(m): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2010
where are guys watching it?
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ibabalol: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
i have no idea, its not on ait, iraggoals or p2p
may be theres no way to watch this one online
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by FBS: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2010
anyone watching the match?
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by newmaster(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2010
nl plz where to watch this match online
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ayusman16(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2010
Who is showing the match? lol
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by FBS: 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2010
na wa o!
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by Rmc1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
So a whole naija dey play international match and no where we can watch it online ok na undecided embarassed
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ayusman16(m): 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2010
Nigeria 0 - Niger 1. Own goal by a defender
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by deor03(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2010
ayusman16:

Are you sure? pls confirm source
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ayusman16(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2010
deor03:

Are you sure? pls confirm source

Come meet me for the beer parlour where i dey watch am. I tell u scores u dey ask me to confirm.
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by deor03(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2010
ayusman16:

Come meet me for the beer parlour where i dey watch am. I tell u scores u dey ask me to confirm.

On what station in YOUR BEER parlour, Joker !
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ayusman16(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2010
2nd half is just about to begin.
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by Iyineda(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
ayusman16:

Oh wow. . .
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by sultan003(m): 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2010
if niger don score, God Forbid bad thing,
Pls were did you get the info
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by 9ijaprince(m): 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2010
So they need to score more 3 goals.
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by deor03(m): 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
ayusman16:

Way to go boys! These boys should replace Super Chicken.

This guy is taking us for a ride.  How come you're the only one watching  this match in the whole country
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by ayusman16(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2010
deor03:

This guy is taking us for a ride. How come you're the only one watching this match in the whole country

Wetin be ur probs? Am i d only one watching it?
Re: Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm by Rastamann: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2010
[This guy is taking us for a ride. How come you're the only one watching this match in the whole country]

Radio commentary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won ₦23,000,0000 From Sportybet And They Seized My Money / AFCON 2019: NFF Dispel Fears Over Terrorist Attacks In Egypt (photo) / Most Honourable Nairaland Sports Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.