Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Here Are Some Reasons Why Jtown Music Artistes Don't Make It. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Here Are Some Reasons Why Jtown Music Artistes Don't Make It. (786 Views)

3 Reasons Why Most Artistes Don't Get A Record Deal / Nigerian Female Artistes Don't Feauture One Another In Music Tracks / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are Some Reasons Why Jtown Music Artistes Don't Make It. by thenaijaface: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
The music industry is a booming industry with many players in the industry. The old ones still there and while the young ones are still striving hard to get to the top.

Actually, I'm a big fan of music because music is part of me. I like hip hop, gospel, reggae, blues and Afro beats. Since I have been in Jtown for some years now I have come to discover Jos city is blessed with a lot talents.

So I desire to write this piece of article why Jtown artistes don't make it.

1. Following same pattern

Majority of Jtown artistes follow same style or gene of music. Everyone wants to be a Rapper like; Ice Prince, MI, Jesse Jags etc. They keep on following same pattern, instead of them to look for unique pattern to follow.

2. Lack of music quality

Some Jtown artistes don't what matter sacrifices or risk you need to take before you become a music star. Some of this artistes will go to a cheap producer to produced trash and called it a song. They will be raise shoulders claiming they are artistes.

3. Everyone wants be a Rapper

Rap music has become a popular gene of music most Jtown artistes do follow. Some of artistes will be copying lyrics and also the sound track just to impress everyone. Not everyone is called to a rapper instead they want force themselves.

4. Paying peanuts to bloggers

Most artistes will spend 20,30,40 and so on to produced a song, after the song has been produced they will quickly look for a near by blogger with N500 to promote their songs believing they did a good job by giving the blogger N500 to promote.

You are free to add your own....
Re: Here Are Some Reasons Why Jtown Music Artistes Don't Make It. by Danielomisco(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
I am jst seein this piece but I can say ur mind is damn shallow judging this artists upcoming in the city of Jos the way you just did,its either you dont know the town as u claim to know or you are just another cheap blogger seeking relevance.
What do you mean following same pattern?have you being to ragga gigs in Plateau rock hotel ?havnt you met cool singers doing great r n b?jtowns pattern of music has variety not some shaku shaku music with no meaning reason our exports are instant hits anywhere ones they are ready to move becos theres no market in jos
You dare open ur mouth to talk of music quality,our sound engineers are currently the best even in lag Gplus chang choc city,suka sounds,Jos based producers still go to work with a few in lag.I knw guys in chairman album MI.
And lastly you want an upcoming artist that doesnt get paid for a show or recording to pay huge bucks to bloggers that cant even create a traffic on their site??
I think this thread should be "what hinders jtown talents from blowing in large numbers" then you can go ahead and write.... 1.Bloggers exploitation 2weak marketing/artist financial support.
#TRUEJTOWNER #OMISCO #ART #TALENT #COLDCITY

(1) (Reply)

Download Dope Song: Selebobo – Topic / [music] DSE Ft. Erigga – Confidence (prod. By Mr Moore) / Music: Talk Am By Falz "Download"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.