Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Get More Out Of Life... The Future Begins Here! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Get More Out Of Life... The Future Begins Here! (422 Views)

Get More Out Of Life... The Future Begins Here! / ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri / JAMB Cut-off Marks : Sad Decision For The Future – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get More Out Of Life... The Future Begins Here! by TheAIC: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2017
FAQs on The Meld Africa

What is “The Meld”?
The literal translation for the world “meld” is a conglomerate or a fusion. “The Meld” is therefore intended to fuse together bright minds and game changers from all over Africa that will apply their individual and collective knowledge, skills, energy, commitment and other resources to achieve a common goal.

Is this a new initiative?
The idea has been nurtured and experimented upon for since 2014. It used to be called the AIC. It had been tested in a controlled and restricted environment. There are foundation members, some of whom are still actively very involved and currently constitute the management team.

What is the common goal?

The common goal is to look inwards into the potentials on the African continent and create viable and sustainable business solutions- the kinds of solutions that can surmount the challenges hindering Africa’s growth and development?

How will the businesses be financed?
We believe our combined efforts as a team can create business ideas that are viable enough to attract grants and equity/seed funding. There is a high volume of idle funds lying around and only ideas that are convincing enough can access them.

Is it all about business?
Our focus is to design businesses that can also develop our communities, through the economic empowerment of the citizenry. When the people are empowered, communities will be positively impacted upon. At the same time, we also place a high premium on continuous research and development, to ensure these businesses are sustainable and can stand the test of time.

Is such a partnership necessary in a business?
We strongly believe in the strength of a team or a partnership as a tool of business.
Some of the advantages of business teams over individual businesses, among several others are:
-the depth of resources available as regards manpower and skills
-costs saved on travels, where members are favorably distributed across the continent.
-partners or team members will share a common passion and dedication towards the continuity and growth of the business, while an employee in an individual business is will move on to better opportunities during troubled times
-continuity is guaranteed even when a major team member is incapacitated physically or psychologically.

How will the team operate?
-The team is to generate business ideas and adopt from outside the group
-There will be sub-teams formed within the team according to individual knowledge, skills, and capability.
-The heads of each sub-team make up the management team.
-These ideas are aggressively deliberated and worked upon to bring them to life and keep them running
-The sub-teams are similar to departments that handle the various aspects of management and operations of the group and its businesses.

What’s the reward and incentives?
Team members are equity owners of the group- just like in a partnership- benefits and liabilities are equitably distributed among the members, based on the input-output measured. Such input cut across the time, skill, knowledge, and objectives realized.

If my idea is adopted by the team, how do I protect it from being stolen or hijacked?
The team shall operate as a legal entity, which means it can be sue and be sued. The implications are also that members will be bounded by a non-disclosure agreement, which makes them liable to be legally prosecuted if they operate an idea without official authorization. Ultimately, the brain behind any such business idea has the right to enter into a legal agreement with the group on the operation of the idea.

What other benefits do I stand to gain apart from financial gains?

You are potentially going to build your network across Africa and the world. Through interaction with like minds and training programs, you acquire better knowledge, sharpen your skills and build your value capacity.

What is needed for me to join?

-You need to be passionate about achieving set goals and objectives; in other words, you should be a goal-getter.
-You need to be passionate about business.
-You need to be passionate about community building and developing Africa generally.
-You need to be selfless and prioritize value over pecuniary gains. Of course, the money will come, when you get it right.
-You have to be committed to being actively involved in discussions and taking actions.

What is other information there to know?

There is an advisory council, made up of distinguished senior members of the society, from various facets of life, living in Africa and outside her shores. They are actively involved in the strategic management and operations of the group. All strategic decisions of the group pass through the council and they are to advise accordingly and provide support when necessary. The council is open to more members, who fit the bill.

Any other information on membership of the group?
-Membership is open to all agile and intellectually sound Africans, home and abroad, as well as friends of Africa looking to contribute towards her development.
-Getting on board the team is quite easy, but continued membership is only guaranteed by active contributions to the purpose of the group. Voluntary inactivity is not tolerated.

Now that I am convinced, how do I become a part of the team?

Please use the link attached here to join the Whatsapp forum. Further information is disseminated there:
https:///5XaZBdy5BLCEUNm0ZbBTWa

If I am too occupied to actively participate, but interested in the group initiative, how do I connect?
Please use the link attached here to join the Whatsapp forum that serves as our information center. You will be the first to get the latest updates and call to action:
https:///ARoyVd2INf2APnB4mbxsbr
Re: Get More Out Of Life... The Future Begins Here! by TheAIC: 9:54am On Nov 30, 2017
Some people got snow and made countless games of it- a blessing out of a seeming disadvantageous weather.

Some got plenty rainfall and made floods plus bad roads from it - a burden out of a seeming advantageous weather.

You catch my drift?

Our destiny is shaped from our Maker, our situation is shaped from our decisions.

#the AIC ambition

(1) (Reply)

New Thing You Should Know As A Candidate On Jamb 2018/2019 / List Of Accredited JAMB CBT Centres For UTME Registration / A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.