Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! (40999 Views)

Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / Top Five (5) Dental Tips To Remember During The Christmas Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by DonMekino(m): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2017
What of ppl like me that use Chewing Stick..??
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by Emmyk(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2017
That number 2, lol. I used to brush very hard before, for many years. That my gums would be bleeding and I still won't stop. Till my gum was infected and started swelling.

I had to visit the dentist, who gave me injection in my mouth, lol, my lip became very heavy and couldn't feel the pain. He ended up cutting the swollen gum.

Since then, I don't brush hard again. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by donbenie(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2017
Kachimmi:
nice! But forgot to tell us that toothbrush is no 1 enemy of the teeth
How exactly is that possible..
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by bionixs: 11:52am On Dec 09, 2017
mu2sa2:
This is the real problem with science. Another "researcher" will soon come up with different conclusions. And yet another may discredit all others with "latest findings ". So who do we believe?
just what works for you. Only God we can believe
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
saibop:
Is there a way to cure tooth ache without removing the teeth?
Yes it is very possible to cure toothache without removal. The treatment option depends on the cause of toothache.
You can visit your dentist who will determine the best option for you.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
desreek9:

please i need to know where i can get braces, location, amount and the type of braces, thanks
It depends on your financial readiness and patience for at least 2years. The treatment outcome is gradual and amazing at the end.
As regards location, you have two options, private dental clinics or government-owned hospitals. The treatment is usually more expensive in private clinics. For the government-owned hospitals, places like LUTH OR LASUTH can provide orthodontic service. For the private clinics, you can google search as I can confidently mention any one that offer the service but there are many especially on the island.

I hope this information helps.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
bionixs:
I am not going anywhere again. the points will still BE nullified by another thread.just watch and take note
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
DonMekino:
What of ppl like me that use Chewing Stick..??

There is nothing bad in using chewing stick.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mhizrohzz:
For a year now I've not been able to eat with my left side jaw because of shocking sensation.. What do I do??
I will advice that you visit a dentist for adequate examination and treatment plan.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
Kachimmi:
nice! But forgot to tell us that toothbrush is no 1 enemy of the teeth
How
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Most Nigerians don't brush before going to bed at night, which is the reason most of them have mouth odour in the morning,,,,
Morning mouth odour goes beyond brushing at night.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

It depends on your financial readiness and patience for at least 2years. The treatment outcome is gradual and amazing at the end.
As regards location, you have two options, private dental clinics or government-owned hospitals. The treatment is usually more expensive in private clinics. For the government-owned hospitals, places like LUTH OR LASUTH can provide orthodontic service. For the private clinics, you can google search as I can confidently mention any one that offer the service but there are many especially on the island.

I hope this information helps.

Yes it does thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
desreek9:

Yes it does thanks
You are welcome.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by Mhizrohzz(f): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

I will advice that you visit a dentist for adequate examination and treatment plan.
Thanks alot, I'll do just that

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by charlsecy(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
olumose001:
and he also forgot to tell us that white is not the natural colour of the teeth... the teeth is suppose to be slightly brown in colour... not sparkly white as advertised by toothpastes
True, but some people have white teeth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=charlsecy post=63131774]True, but some people have white teeth. [/quo
Tooth being white is a range of whiteness.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by jokolo282(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
how much can i used to cure fluorosis?
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
jokolo282:
how much can i used to cure fluorosis?

You have to see your dentist who will determine the severity and the treatment options available to you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by jokolo282(m): 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

You have to see your dentist who will determine the severity and the treatment options available to you.
bro pls just guess it for me, is it treatable, not that severe
. pls just guess the amount, my teeth are just turning to brown and rough
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
jokolo282:

bro pls just guess it for me, is it treatable, not that severe
. pls just guess the amount, my teeth are just turning to brown and rough
It is treatable. If it is turning brown and rough, so many things might be responsible not necessarily fluorosis. The first thing is to establish what is causing the change in color and smoothness. Guessing a price is not the first thing. Please, try to visit any government hospital to see a dentist.
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by jokolo282(m): 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

It is treatable. If it is turning brown and rough, so many things might be responsible not necessarily fluorosis. The first thing is to establish what is causing the change in color and smoothness. Guessing a price is not the first thing. Please, try to visit any government hospital to see a dentist.
it is fluorosis i have consulted 3 dentist online, with pictures of my teeth, and they all said it's fluorosis, there's white marks on 2 of my incisors teeth. the problem I'm having now is the money, because i base and struggling here in Abuja, and you know before consulting a dentist they will charge u for consultation fees, after that they can call high amount for u that u can't afford. that's y i need a clue about the fees, or do have any clue of the amount of teeth whitening or abrasion?
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
jokolo282:

it is fluorosis i have consulted 3 dentist online, with pictures of my teeth, and they all said it's fluorosis, there's white marks on 2 of my incisors teeth. the problem I'm having now is the money, because i base and struggling here in Abuja, and you know before consulting a dentist they will charge u for consultation fees, after that they can call high amount for u that u can't afford. that's y i need a clue about the fees, or do have any clue of the amount of teeth whitening or abrasion?

How about the molar teeth?

You can go to government-owned hospitals in Abuja or Suleja. like Garki Hospital, Kubwa General Hospital etc.

I was once there and know your plight.

1 Like

Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by jokolo282(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

How about the molar teeth?

You can go to government-owned hospitals in Abuja or Suleja. like Garki Hospital, Kubwa General Hospital etc.

I was once there and know your plight.
the molar too they turned brown and rough also. anyway i will try me best reach that area, cuz i base in lokogoma here in Abuja
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by IbnIbrahim: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
jokolo282:

the molar too they turned brown and rough also. anyway i will try me best reach that area, cuz i base in lokogoma here in Abuja

I can tell you for free that what you are having might not be fluorosis. Please visit the dentist as soon as you can.

Regards
Re: 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! by jokolo282(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

I can tell you for free that what you are having might not be fluorosis. Please visit the dentist as soon as you can.

Regards
alright sir thanks for your time, i appreciate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos / Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' / Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.