Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Which Artistes Inspire You? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Artistes Inspire You? (613 Views)

Songs That Inspire You! / Which Artistes Are Overrated? / Can U Sing And Inspire Nigerian Youths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Artistes Inspire You? by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 27, 2010
if we no d artistes dat inspire you we can speculate the kind of person u are nd d kind of music u can hear or do.
Re: Which Artistes Inspire You? by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 27, 2010
Presently my list is Lady gaga,M.I and knaan.
Re: Which Artistes Inspire You? by tayoast(m): 5:13am On Mar 27, 2010
2 Face:- his lyrics r strongly worded
Re: Which Artistes Inspire You? by googles: 10:20am On Mar 27, 2010
for now itz kid cudi's "pursuit of happiness" that song speaks to me
Re: Which Artistes Inspire You? by eldee(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
K'naan - Grew up in Somalia's civil war, learnt English from hiphop, came out and publicly questioned the essence of gangsta rap . . .

Jay-Z - When the lyricist behind gangsta album 'Reasonable Doubt' comes out to say 'I'm all about progression, murderers should be arrested' . . . risking losing his whole fanbase, it inspires me. Doesn't try to sound 'deep' but his intelligence catches you.

Ray Charles - Black in racist America, still fought racism in his own way, was blind but his mastery of music is still an influence to artistes today.

MJ - He just defined my generation. If music is truly a universal language, MJ understood it. Some people learnt how to say 'beat it' before 'hi'.

Fela - He's the one person that reminds me that I have to fight against any type of oppression, even the hidden ones. Not once did he compromise good music to send this message. . . and he was a P.I.M.P
Re: Which Artistes Inspire You? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2010
eldee:

K'naan - Grew up in Somalia's civil war, learnt English from hiphop, came out and publicly questioned the essence of gangsta rap . . .

Jay-Z - When the lyricist behind gangsta album 'Reasonable Doubt' comes out to say 'I'm all about progression, murderers should be arrested' . . . risking losing his whole fanbase, it inspires me. Doesn't try to sound 'deep' but his intelligence catches you.

Ray Charles - Black in racist America, still fought racism in his own way, was blind but his mastery of music is still an influence to artistes today.

MJ - He just defined my generation. If music is truly a universal language, MJ understood it. Some people learnt how to say 'beat it' before 'hi'.

Fela - He's the one person that reminds me that I have to fight against any type of oppression, even the hidden ones. Not once did he compromise good music to send this message. . . and he was a P.I.M.P

Thats an impressive core list. I should start calling You Deep Thought.

(1) (Reply)

Fruity Loops-how To Use It / Re Shaggy Vs Seanpaul / ****this Is Iller Than Overkilling****(benjamz Production)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.