Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students (10003 Views)

South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 / Secondary School Students Celebrate End Of WAEC Exams In Beer Parlour (Photos) / WAEC Disown State By State Analysis Of WAEC Results, Asks Public To Disregard it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by jayjay213: 5:56am On Nov 30, 2017
As from May 2018, students sitting for the West African Examination Council, WAEC exams across public institutions in Ondo state will have to pay their examination fees themselves, as the state government has stopped the payment of the fees for the students.

The Commissioner for Education, Science, and Technology, Mr. Femi Agagu made this known while briefing newsmen at the end of the State Executive Council meeting held in Akure on Wednesday.

Agagu who addressed the press alongside the Information Commissioner, Yemi Olowolabi also said the members of the Council took time to study the recommendations of the Education Summit organised by the state government last year before arriving at its decision.

On the issue of free education, the Education Commissioner said the Council resolved that government will continue to fund education at the primary and post-primary levels while also setting up an Education Trust Fund that would help to mobilise funds for the education sector in the state.

Citizens of the state Mr. Agagu said, will be encouraged to pay N1,000 into the trust fund which will be managed by a committee comprising prominent sons and daughters of Ondo State.

In the same vein, the state government also announced the appointment of Prince Joel Oluwafemi Adeluwoye as the new Asuada of Isuada in Owo Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.sunshineherald.news/ondo-govt-hands-off-payment-waec-exam-students/
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Samusu(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2017
E don de red be dat

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Samsimple(m): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2017
That N1000 from every citizen is enough to pay for their waec 3 times

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by AnodaIT(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2017
APC, Change!

10 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by nony43(m): 7:27am On Nov 30, 2017
if the government have been paying for the students since they have really tried

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by TonyCizzy(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2017
NOTED
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2017
what will be thier reason again and where will the funds be diverted to
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by nony43(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2017
F
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2017
APC grin

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2017
First time in 18years.. ....PDP is corrupt but they are not as clueless as this.. .. Truly devil you know is better than the angel you don't sad angry

26 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2017
Meanwhile Mimiko did this for 8years

22 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Kay25(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2017
My ondo state people that serves you right you wanted to join the wagon of change now u did and this is what they pay u in return next time you will learn to maintain ur sit and not jump around and to aketi shame on u oooo

26 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by sainttwist1(m): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2017
I said it......APC, iroko own na part 1, I will not blame the man sha, he paid the people for the votes...the money is from somewhere so he need to refund the money....so ondo people enjoy.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by psalmsjob: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2017
To truly provide FREE EDUCATION is to provide FREE BOOKS and PAID TEACHERS in schools.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by gratiaeo(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2017
Am sure the governor did not tell the electorate that he will stop paying this money when he was canvassing for their vote

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2017
Nigeria deserves its kind of leaders
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Omololupromise: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2017
Akeredolu I know urs will be worse that mimiko if u can not afford to pay waec fees for students, what are these student benefiting from u and ur government.

And you Ondo state don't take shit.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by temitope277(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2017
God punish akeredolu

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2017
Good idea...states need to cut extra costs.

Time for churches, mosques, private individuals to step in.

There is no such thing as free education.....unless you want Ondo govt to raise taxes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2017
yeyerolling:
Nigeria deserves its kind of leaders

Yes, because unfortunately oil our main source of income is falling in price....so either costs are cut....OR the state takes anoda loan, or taxes are raised.
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2017
clueless government (APC)
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2017
not crime
over here in east we pay our waec dues......since ages
no help from government......
must everything be done for this Hausa and Yoruba boys

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Pavore9: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2017
If anyone is thinking of having children, he or she should also put into consideration that provision must be made for such.

I hate to hear people saying "they are suffering to fend for their children", were they forced to have children?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Beautywealth: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2017
Don't blame the government is better they pay it them selves than writing the exam and won't be able to check the results. It happened during mimiko regime their weac was sized because he was owing. Many people have not seen their result i mean last year weac it was held because government is owing weac fee
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2017
niyi20:
First time in 18years.. ....PDP is corrupt but they are not as clueless as this.. .. Truly devil you know is better than the angel you don't sad angry
Kay25:
My ondo state people that serves you right you wanted to join the wagon of change now u did and this is what they pay u in return next time you will learn to maintain ur sit and not jump around and to aketi shame on u oooo

Look...this is not politics.

It is about states cutting costs.

If a PDP governor does the same,it would still be the right decision.

In 2013...oil was at $120 per barrel. Now it is at $60 per barrel. States are losing revenue. Either they start cutting costs while they can.....or they take more loans, or raise taxes.

And yes, many states are korrupt too. That even makes it worse...they are stealing from a diminished treasury)

No such thing as free education....yes Awo did it...at a time when less than 10% of the school aged population was in school.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by bigpicture001: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2017
I have never believed in free largese..i believe you should give me your price and give me a job,i will take care of my kids
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2017
lolamatin:
ok

GET>>> t

You are not helping students, you are stifling their knowledge.

Get a real job.
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Offpoint: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2017
that stupid old man has destroyed everything Mimiko left behind... APC na curse
Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2017
nony43:
if the government have been paying for the students since they have really tried

You don't have an atom of sense. I guess you are still a puppy who doesnt understand life. Do you know the concequences of what that act may cause the less privileged in ondo state? So why is it a government school in the first place ? Go to Germany and other developed countries and see how governments are contributing immensely to education. You are here talking rubbish. You this senseless buhari pikin

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Offpoint: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2017
nony43:
yeah, they've been doing that until APC comes in and stop it... APC is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2017
9jakohai:

Look...this is not politics.

It is about states cutting costs.

If a PDP governor does the same,it would still be the right decision.

In 2013...oil was at $120 per barrel. Now it is at $60 per barrel. States are losing revenue. Either they start cutting costs while they can.....or they take more loans, or raise taxes.

And yes, many states are korrupt too. That even makes it worse...they are stealing from a diminished treasury)

No such thing as free education....yes Awo did it...at a time when less than 10% of the school aged population was in school.

So you mean to tell me that the education sector is a place you can cut cost from. I think our youths are already going insane these days. The education sector should be the main driving force of any country. That is why Nigeria and Africa as a whole can never move forward in terms of science and technology. USA, Germany and many other developed countries allocates more than 10% of their annual budget to education and that is why they are shaking the world with discoveries. it's just a pity that sufferness and hardship have taken over your sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whi / NAN'S Gives AE-FUNAI 7 Days To Refund Students Their 50k For Security Levy Or... / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.