Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut (2278 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2010
New rave of the moment, Siena of Italy defender, Michael Chukwuike Odibe (born July 23, 1988 in Lagos) has admitted that he is stunned by the sudden wash of hype rolling round his emergence as a regular in the Serie A, and options of an appearance at the World Cup now coming his way.

The ex-Gabros International, Sharks of Port Harcourt and First Bank football club of Lagos stopper said during a live telephone interview on Sports Radio 88.9 Brila FM that he is happy with praise coming his way from Super Eagles coach, Lars Lagerback and pledged to give his very best if selected.

“I am very happy with everything that is happening. The new coach is charge is already making plans for the World Cup and I am happy that he is talking about me.

“It is the dream of any player to play for his country, especially at the World Cup, and that makes me happy for the coach to be talking about me already.

“I will be happier to play at the World Cup. I am ready to give my best for my fatherland and it is my biggest dream to play for Nigeria. I am ready to give my best for my country,” said the bulky stopper fondly called Asaba.

brilafm.net

Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2010
that guy is not 21
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2010
ok, so how old is he?
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2010
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2010
Are you his father?
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by snakova(m): 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
Face it, the guy can't be just abt 2 years older than Pato in the same pic. Mind you he's already played for 3 naija clubsides.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by semid4lyfe(m): 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
The guy is like 35yrs old. . .he's already played for Gabros, Sharks and 1st bank for crying out loud. Anyhow sha, I dont have a problem with his age if he's fit and playing regularly for his club.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by marutimon: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
Well, on the picture Pato looks like he's 10 years older than Odibe smiley
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
35? debatable, but 42
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by deb(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
Kgdavid:

that guy is not 21

That was the first exclamation in my heart lol cheesy
Well, if he is at his peak let him fill the gap at the world cup. Time will tell after the tournament if he will be that relevant again
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2010
which of them is really his age? this is not an age tournament so he doesn't have to answer to anyone.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
he may not have to answer to us but there is something called integrity. i was kidding when i said he was 42 but i will never believe that he is 21 because that is my age range and if i see this guy on the street i would greet him "good morning sir".
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2010
His club is not complaining, let him be, even if he's 42, e no concern anyone, he's not coming to play for u-17, 99% of Nigerian players are not the ages they claim so let him be. as long as he's doing what he knows how to do best, nothing do am.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Iyineda(m): 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
The luck most of these age-cheating players have is that sometimes they really do appear quite young for their "real" age, especially when they're kinda short. I met one of our fellow Najiamen in France. At the time he was playing for Bayonne, 3rd division I think.

It was cool to meet a soon-to-be-pro but then for some reason he told me that he was lucky to get a shirt because he claimed to be 21 when in reality he was 28. Not a huge difference but still. . .

So I won't be surprised if Odibe is close to his 30s.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
how is african footbal to develop if things are not done the right way? young players are being deprived of the chance to develop while they are young because older players are taking their spots and then when these young players grow older,they do the same thing to young players all over again, vicious cycle
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
na wa for dis una dialogue about his age. if he is a good player, which one concerns you with his age?? free the guy abeg,
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Iyineda(m): 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
bboiabb:

na wa for dis una dialogue about his age. if he is a good player, which one concerns you with his age?? free the guy abeg,

Typical backwards Nigerian mentality I [b]HATE [/b]to see. . .

Good grief.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Omolulu(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
For one the world cup is not an age grade competition
Hope he knows senior men now have heart attack on the field tongue
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Cappadona123: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
dis guy is very good,i watched him when he was in first bank against crown fc ogbomosho.Keep it up bro
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by 12large: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
what kind of rubbish is this, this guy in this photo is brazilian and not micheal odibe
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
Iyineda:

Typical backwards Nigerian mentality I [b]HATE [/b]to see. . .

Good grief.

how is that backward??
okay then, why don't you put five year olds on the team. once they turn six, take them off immediately. . . almost all teams have older players. . . zidane for example was old. did you hear any complaints.

OR

you should go join the team. backward fool!!
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
you probably havent even seen him play
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by deb(m): 5:10am On Apr 09, 2010
His club is not complaining, let him be, even if he's 42, e no concern anyone, he's not coming to play for u-17, 99% of Nigerian players are not the ages they claim so let him be. as long as he's doing what he knows how to do best, nothing do am.

Question is how long would the guy last in the Super Eagles?
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Apr 09, 2010
deb:

Question is how long would the guy last in the Super Eagles?

That should be his problem, as long as he's good now it doesn't matter how long he's going to last. which of our current players really used his real age? undecided
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Iyineda(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2010
bboiabb:

how is that backward??
okay then, why don't you put five year olds on the team. once they turn six, take them off immediately. . . almost all teams have older players. . . zidane for example was old. did you hear any complaints.

OR

you should go join the team. backward fool!!

Look, first of, I apologize for the aggressive words. I ought to stop that crap. :/
Secondly, what I meant is that some Nigerians choose to close their eyes on important issues rather tackling them. So in this instance, when you said you didn't care how old Odibe really is it upset me because I'm longing for the time when Nigerian football will be cleansed from age cheating.
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2010
exactly! why cant we make progress?!
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by chelseabmw(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2010
[size=14pt]I need nigeria to reach the wolrd cup quarter finals with or without odibe[/size]
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Emmanog(f): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
if the guy is good for the job lets try him,
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by gxxxxx: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2010
Yes he deserve a call up to the super eagles
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 10:41am On Apr 16, 2010
^how many times have you watched him play?
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by gxxxxx: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
I Have watched odibe play against juventus bologna , bari,lazio and a whole host of clubs in nigerian and in belgium, so what are you doubting odibes ability, na wa for nigerians self una like doubt 2 much, a trial will convince you people when he eventually don the greeen and white jersey
Re: Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut by Kgdavid(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
i am not doubting him. i have never seen him play and i want to be sure that you know what you are saying when you say he is the best because right now we have some pretty decent players

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa's Political Appointment As Super Eagles Captain. / Take My Free Uk Pool Week 18 3/3 Sure Nap / What Is Wrong With Merrybet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.