Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,363 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars (1628 Views)

Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 / Top 10 Lists Of Most Liked And Followed Athlete On Facebook And Twitter (latest) / Nigeria Vs South Africa (African Women Championship 2010) On Nov 4 @ 9.45 am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2010
Super Eagles coach, Lars Lagerbäck was the centre of attention in Abuja on Friday afternoon, as the Swedish soccer tactician addressed a world press conference in the board room of The Glasshouse, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) secretariat.

He used the occasion to reassure Nigerian football fans about his total commitment towards ensuring the team does well at the World Cup, while also promising a level playing ground in his selection of players, as he disclosed that 45 of them have been short listed to start the build-up programme.

“We have started taking a look at Nigerian players and we will continue looking at the best players we can use for the World Cup.

“I already have a short list of 45 players we can choose from, who are I believe are the best Nigeria has. They also include domestic players who I had a chance of seeing play against Congo.

“We will continue monitoring the players and see which of them can fit into the programme, as we start playing our friendly matches,” a calm and collected Lagerbäck stated.

brilafm.net

Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by snakova(m): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2010
who and who is on the list
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
the list's yet to be released
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
i kinda like the suspense cheesy
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by bawomolo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
no mention of the games against Niger for obvious reasons he he
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by kodewrita(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
I feel this guy is really understudying Westerhof. This was the same thing westerhof did. He invited every one and created a Team A and Team B and played them relentlessly against each other, mixing and matching them but keeping his final team to his chest. I hope nobody interferes and for once, let them allow this man to do his job.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by chidichris(m): 9:16am On Apr 04, 2010
I feel this guy is really understudying Westerhof. This was the same thing westerhof did. He invited every one and created a Team A and Team B and played them relentlessly against each other, mixing and matching them but keeping his final team to his chest. I hope nobody interferes and for once, let them allow this man to do his job.
@kodewrita,
if only they will allow him do his job.
my fear is on the 150 million coaches nigeria has.
they must interfere and that is just the problem.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by gbokukueba(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
EXCLUSIVE: LAGERBACK’S 45!!

Vincent Enyeama
Dele Aiyenugba
Austin Ejide
Greg Etafia
Ikeme
Akpan Bassey
Onyekachi Apam
Michael Odibe
Rabiu Afolabi
Taye Taiwo
Joseph Yobo
Nedum Onuoha
Bayo Adefemi
Chibuzor Okonkwo
Jon Mikel Obi
ebenezer Ajilore
Yusuf Ayila
Victor Moses
Dickson Etuhu
Lukman Haruna
dele adeleye
echiejile
angelo ogbonna
chidi odiah
ike thankgod
obiora nwankwo
rabiu Ibrahim
joel obi
uche agba
sani kaita
kalu uche
hope akpan
emmanuel ekpo
eneramo
peter utaka
josef akpala
obinna nsofor
edward ofere
Obafemi Martins
Osaze Odemwingie
Nnwankwo Kanu
Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Chinedu Obasi
Ike uche
Isaac Promise

culled from Africaplays.com
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2010
This list is kinda not consistent and i don't believe the list one bit.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by snakova(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
honeric01:

which list again
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by semid4lyfe(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2010
snakova:

which list again
Sorry ehn. . . .the list was gobbled up by the spambot. Na only moderators fit see am.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by semid4lyfe(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2010
honeric01:

Me sef no believe the list. Some guys on the list have only one name. E just be like list wey one lazy journalist conjure 4 im mind.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2010
Lagerback to send in squad list

Posted: 2010-04-15 07:11

Lars Lagerback is expected to send in his provisional squad list of 45 to the Nigeria Football Federation this weekend, according to NFF Media Officer Ademola Olajire.

The Swede announced at his first press conference that he had drawn up a list of 45 players ahead of next month’s World cup camping, but the composition of the list has so far been tightly guarded.

However, Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com that the NFF’s Technical Committee expects to receive it by this weekend.

“Lagerback has informed us that he would be sending in the list by this weekend.

“At this time, we don’t know who is in it, but as soon as he sends it to the technical committee, they and the coach will decide when it will be made public.”
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by 9ja4eva: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
honeric01:

Lagerback to send in squad list

Posted: 2010-04-15 07:11

Lars Lagerback is expected to send in his provisional squad list of 45 to the Nigeria Football Federation this weekend, according to NFF Media Officer Ademola Olajire.

The Swede announced at his first press conference that he had drawn up a list of 45 players ahead of next month’s World cup camping, but the composition of the list has so far been tightly guarded.

However, Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com that the NFF’s Technical Committee expects to receive it by this weekend.

“Lagerback has informed us that he would be sending in the list by this weekend.

“At this time, we don’t know who is in it, but as soon as he sends it to the technical committee, they and the coach will decide when it will be made public.”

Interesting.I await that list
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by akinalabi(m): 1:39am On Apr 18, 2010
He should just give us at least the second round at the world cup or he's off.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2010
List already out.

Utaka gets Nigeria recall

Posted: 2010-04-18 17:23

Portsmouth's John Utaka, FC Zurich's Onyekachi Okonkwo and Salzburg's Rabiu Afolabi have been handed Nigeria recalls by Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback.

Outside of that, there were no surprises in Lagerback's list of 44, released by the NFF on Sunday, with only three players getting first time call ups.

Advocates of more players from the domestic league would be placated after the Swede included six players from the Nigeria Premier League, led by top scorer Ahmed Musa.

But there was no place for out-of-form fullback Chibuzor Okonkwo, who has been upstaged in the home-based Super Eagles team by the impressive Terna Suswan of Lobi Stars.

Rising midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim's lack of club action also counted against him, as he was not included. But Haruna Lukman, who has locked down a place in the Monaco midfield, gets a chance to impress the new coach in camp.

The players are to report to camp in the United Kingdom from April 27 and 28.

FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa) and Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France), Olubayo Adefemi (US Boulogne, France), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Michael Odibe (Siena, Italy), Sam Sodje (Charlton Athletic, England), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria) and Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders/Forwards: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Victor Anichebe (Everton, England), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France), Femi Ajilore (Groningen, Netherlands), Joseph Akpala (FC Brugge, Belgium), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark), Michael Eneramo (Esperance, Tunisia), Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Seyi Olofinjana (Hull City, England), Onyekachi Okonkwo (FC Zurich, Switzerland), Omatsone Aluko (Aberdeen, Scotland), Gabriel Reuben (Enyimba, Nigeria), Ahmed Musa, Solomon Okpako (Kano Pillars, Nigeria), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland FC).

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/14936/utaka-gets-nigeria-recall.php
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by semid1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2010
No Obinna Nwaneri & Ike ThankGod. . . .thank God

6 home-based players . . . Very Good. Ahmed Musa should make the final 23 all things be equal. Chibuzor Okonkwo is clearly out of form, so his exclusion is understandable.

What is Omatsone Aluko doing in the team? Happy with the recall of Onyekachi Okonkwo. . .the guy na player.

Hmmm. . .obviously Lagerback had some Nigerian input in making this list. In summary, very strong 45 man list.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by SamMilla1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2010
No solomon okoronkwo.

What is Utaka and Kanu doing there ?
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2010
Larger beer should organise a game between these 45 players, put them into 2 groups and let them play against each other.
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by deb(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
For the first time I will call you LargerBeer. Where is Obinna Nsofor if truly you saw him against Congo or is your memory short?
Re: LagerbÄck Short Lists 45 Stars by honeric01(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2010
deb:

For the first time I will call you LargerBeer. Where is Obinna Nsofor if truly you saw him against Congo or is your memory short?

Start eating plenty of onions, Obinna Nsofor is on the list.

(1) (Reply)

WWE Wrestling (fight) is Stage Managed? / Rafael Da Silva Set For Manchester United Exit / Balotelli Puts In Poor Display As Nice Lose 2-0 To Napoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.