Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,600 members, 7,955,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers (16795 Views)

Has Your Car Ever Given Trouble That U Found Joy Dumping It / Toyota Introduces New Camry And Avalon All-wheel Drive Sedans (photos) / Sedans With Suv-like Ground Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by DanielsParker(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
sedans look classy

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by Abudu2000(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2017
albacete:
SUV all the way. Who wants to be scrapping his fender when negotiating on a culvert? Sedans are for roads you are familiar with, you know where the bumps and potholes are.
FX 35 is one of the very few cars, if not the only car, that gives u ground clearance for bad roads and balance for highway speed. But the trunk is small compared to other SUVs. So you can't get that one complete package.
walahi fx35/45 is one of the sub designs I still admire today.. that suv aold millions of units if not billions...but their models after that sucks
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by chival(f): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2017
Lovetinz:
SUVs rock.
In a sedan you can see the the car in front of you. In an SUV you can see 3 cars ahead.
Nothing beats the natural seating position of an SUV. In an SUV you sit 'There'. In a sedan, you sit 'Down'. You can actually look 'down' on sedan drivers. grin
You can't move your deep freezer with a sedan, with an SUV, simply fold down your rear seats.

Funny, but true.
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by judgedredd22(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2017
Nbote:
Please OP U shld b specific with ppl who in dis case are Oyibo ppl... Wen I saw "lease " I gave up on d report. Dis story no concern us jor. To an average Nigerian their are d saloon cars and d Jeeps(SUVs).. D only crossover we know is crossover nite at d end of d year

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by miketayo(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2017
Sedan all d way.. if not for our bad roads Ferrari Nd Lamborghini ll b wat I plan to drive.. d lower d better
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by Dovehorizon: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2017
I beg to differ.
SUV comes in different size, weight and balance.
What you will do with a Mercedes GL can't be done with a Hyundai ix35. You get my point.

snipesdam:

SUV na SUV even the sporty ones with low center of gravity.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by Dovehorizon: 9:35am On Dec 04, 2017
Exactly,
And some quoted me by saying SUV na SUV. I guess he doesn't know much

nairalandbuzz:

Not even with Honda.
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by abdeiz(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2017
Abeg crossover is different from SUV, SUV includes Prado, land cruiser and Highlander, crossover include the Honda crosstour and Toyota venza

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by snipesdam(m): 10:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Dovehorizon:
I beg to differ.
SUV comes in different size, weight and balance.
What you will do with a Mercedes GL can't be done with a Hyundai ix35. You get my point.

Mercedes SUVs may have an exception. However all SUVs are prone to roll over when compared with sedans.

Take a look at some moose test fails.

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by CDon(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2017
snipesdam:
I could make turns on the highway @100km/h or 120km/h. While the crossover/ SUV will reduce speed down to 80km/h in order not to risk a rollover.

Why will anybody want to make a turn on an highway @100-120km/hr? Eez lyk u av 2 lives abi

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by snipesdam(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2017
CDon:

Why will anybody want to make a turn on an highway @100-120km/hr? Eez lyk u av 2 lives abi

Except you don't drive on the highway/Freeway where you don't necessarily need to hit the brakes to slow down to 80km to make that turn. Remove your foot from the pedal to reduce while approaching the turn and put ur foot back to it when ur half way out of the turn. A lot of people here understands that. With a sedan close to the ground it has greater sense of control.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by spawnx: 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
I fell in love when I got a CUV. All my scrapping wahala came to halt, with the advent of a CUV. I ain't scared of potholes like I use to.

Best thing for Nigerian roads
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by ceejayluv(m): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
I prefer MPV Multi-purpose vehicles, for now... because of the space and leg room they provide me (I'm 6 ft 5in)... Would luv to get the crossover as well in the nearest future.
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by LaudateII: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Lovetinz:
SUVs rock.
In a sedan you can see the the car in front of you. In an SUV you can see 3 cars ahead.
Nothing beats the natural seating position of an SUV. In an SUV you sit 'There'. In a sedan, you sit 'Down'. You can actually look 'down' on sedan drivers. grin
You can't move your deep freezer with a sedan, with an SUV, simply fold down your rear seats.

Thank you! Nothing more to add....except for the fact, that SUV is much better when going over rough roads.
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by albacete(m): 7:16am On Dec 06, 2017
Abudu2000:
walahi fx35/45 is one of the sub designs I still admire today.. that suv aold millions of units if not billions...but their models after that sucks
Nice ride, I tell you
Re: Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers by Chartey(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2017
abdeiz:
Abeg crossover is different from SUV, SUV includes Prado, land cruiser and Highlander, crossover include the Honda crosstour and Toyota venza
Is crosstour really a crossover? Just a normal hatchback I think. Honda CR-V is a crossover.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Of The Most Famous Luxury Car Bonnet Ornaments Or Mascots Of All Time / Over Speeding Is The Major Cause Of Accidents In Nigeria? / We’re Ready To Roll Out Chery And Higer Vehicles - PAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.