Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government (19551 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Rescued After She Ran Away From Her Abusive Mistress In Ebonyi / Mary Ngoshe, Chibok Girl, Rescued With Her Baby By Soldiers (Photo) / Girl Rescued After 3 Boys Attempted To Cut Off Her Head For Rituals In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by naptu2: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT

Lagos rescues teenager from sexual abuse

The Child Protection Unit of Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development has rescued a 14-year-old girl, Favour Ifeanyi from sexual abuse in the hands of a supposed Uncle at Shasha, Akowonjo in Alimosho area of the State.

Favour was rescued following calls from anonymous persons to the Child Protection Unit’s hotline to inform the government of the illicit acts observed at Millennium Estate, Afonka, Shasha where Favour resides with her relatives.

While narrating her experience after the Ministry’s intervention, Favour disclosed that she had experienced series of sexual abuse by one Nelson, since accommodation problems made her move into his two-bedroom apartment with her cousin – Mrs. Eze Kelechi in 2015.

She claimed that Nelson abused her sexually for two years until she got pregnant in June 2017, adding that he also made efforts to abort the pregnancy resulting from his illicit act by persuading her to consume unprescribed drugs.

Favour said after a scan revealed that she was three months pregnant, the matter was subsequently reported to the Police following the suspects refusal to take responsibility for the pregnancy.

However, in response to the call received by the Child Protection Unit has taken custody of the girl for rehabilitation and care pending the conclusion of ongoing investigations by the Police and the State Government.

Earlier this year, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth and Social Development, Mr. Hakeem Muri-Okunola called on members of the public to report cases of child abuse in order to prosecute perpetrators and end the menace in the society.

https://m.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/1668421566512436

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Omooniya1: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
eya
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Navyguy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Lagos is working
1st to comment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by rxali: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
eyya
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Sunkyphil(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Na wa the evil men do these day d devil self dey surprised

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Whatever you say, a teenager should be with his or her parents till s/he turns 18.

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Discharge(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
What's our country turning into?
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by TonyCizzy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nawa oo
Naija!!!
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by miqos03: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Wow
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Elagancy: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
naija and hypocrisy. We speak against child marriage bt we smack our lips at de sight of a ripening teenage breasts. Child marriage and polygamy would go a long way to eradicate some marital and sexual abuses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by jaheymezz(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
Walahi...... I be first to comment and person delete my comment sha...... to the fucking mod who did this a day shall come when you think you are happy and your phone and laptop shall spoil and you will know for sure the debt has been paid
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by PenlsCaP: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
jaheymezz:
Walahi...... I be first to comment and person delete my comment sha...... to the fucking mod who did this a day shall come when you think you are happy and your phone and laptop shall spoil and you will know for sure the debt has been paid

Seriously that is so petty i hav experienced that many times...sometimes it got me thinking.. how old is the foolish mod doing that.
It still awes me to this moment.
Why an adult would be hiding comments that didnt break any rule, simply bcoz they dnt want the person to come first undecided.

As if they give out checks to be FTC
undecided

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
Abeg no Igbo vs yourba war here.

No Muslim vs Christian war here.

This is our common problem. Favour is our child..

8 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by SportBlogger(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
So sad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
evil world
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nonnyflex(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
D
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Angelyna(f): 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
A neat infinix hot3pro for sale...contact me on 08072422133 for more info.
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by ayoblinks(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
So far so good, no name checking.

Let us encourage our children to cry for help when they need it.

Let us punish those who hurt them.
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by bidex(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
what is the rescue there after the deed has been done? na wah ooo
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
Elagancy:
naija and hypocrisy. We speak against child marriage bt we smack our lips at de sight of a ripening teenage breasts. Child marriage and polygamy would go a long way to eradicate some marital and sexual abuses

No, child marriage is another form of abuse.

A child, no matter how mature looking is not yet mature enough to look after kids or household duties.

Better we promote /make it easier for kids to report abuse, and strengthen our legal institutions.

Polygamy neither prevents nor worsens Child Abuse.

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Quatermani: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
ok
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
bidex:
what is the rescue there after the deed has been done? na wah ooo

To save the lass from further abuse, not so.
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by gbaskiboy: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
jaheymezz:
i swear i have experienced once, take heart, keep hustling
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by gbaskiboy: 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
Abeg this should not lead to social media war, it is a typical problem we all face in this country, even in the advance country, child abuse is common

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by Austema(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
This is just one out of thousands that faces sexual abuse on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by PenlsCaP: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
Y
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by bewla(m): 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
u
Re: 14-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Sexual Abuse By Lagos State Government by bidex(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
9jakohai:

To save the lass from further abuse, not so.

really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Batteries Thief Caught In Aba, Beaten By Angry Mob (Photos) / 27-year-old Suspected Burglar Apprehended In Osun - Picture / Francisca Okhiria Kidnapped In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.