Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* (1691 Views)

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / Bride Storms Shoprite In Akure To Buy Bread, Shortly After Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
There has been so much buzz about the opening of the 24th shoprite outlet in Nigeria and this one happens to be located along the airport road, Abuja.

I always pass there on my way home and I have watched with keen interest how fast the structure was raised and to my pleasant surprise the opening happens to be today 30th November, 2017. I promised myself I won't miss it as I have never witnessed first hand any of shoprite opening in Abuja, (I think this should be their fourth outlet in Abuja, I am not sure, I know of Apo, Jabi mall and silverbird ) undecided

I was taken aback by the massive crowd, starting from the car entrance, so much cars parked everywhere., I was scared that the parking lot was already filled but not so, as we were directed inside to park properly. I guess people abandoned their cars for fear of getting space to park.

***Mods, I don't know if this is in the right thread, kindly move it in case I am wrong wink

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
I was taken aback by the surge of crowd, I wasn't expecting this because of the location and I am sure the staffs too didn't expect it either

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
The crowd filled the entire shoprite that it's doors has to be shut to customers and also there was another barricade of trolleys stopping more customers from entering, I was scared there might be a stampede but thankfully none happened during my brief visit, I stood for like 20 minutes before they doors were opened again, see mad rush grin

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
The first barricade, I was lucky to pass through the first one, I am just waiting for the doors to be opened again

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
Amazing shocked. Finally doors were opened smiley

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Homeboiy: 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
Show me your face angry
Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
Inside was so tight, I could hardly move around freely without bumping into human beings, shopping trolleys and children etc

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
Checking out was not easy too, I spent another 30 minutes , all the checking points were so busy , trolleys everywhere with loads and loads of goods

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Waiting

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
Next batch waiting to shop cool

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Shopping baskets in the air grin

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Shoprite famous puff puff is available grin wink

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Another crowd at PEP, they have some serious promotion going on

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Finally out.. Beautiful scenery on the outside, eating and relaxation spot

Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Dparagon(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Cool! You really took your time to update this thread with pictures. Hope you enjoyed the grand opening of the Gateway Mall?
Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by uboma(m): 8:45am On Dec 01, 2017
I am happy that they are now open.

Do pass that route on my way home as well.

But I refused to go there yesterday because I knew there will be a crowd.

I will visit there in the coming two weeks from today. By then, one can shop comfortably.
Re: My Experience At The Grand Opening Of Shoprite Novare Gateway Mall Abuja *pics* by Alert(f): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2017
My overall experience was uncomfortable, I like to shop in very comfy environment but I didn't get that yesterday. undecided

My verdict...I won't be attending any grand opening in hurry, be it shoprite or any other.

I actually expected some freebies or some price slashes but things remain same but I overheard people saying that the drinks were cheaper, I didn't have opportunity to check it out because of the massive crowd.

(1) (Reply)

Super Affordable and Unique souvenir for your parties - as low as 150naira / Ushers Recruitment In Benin. / Wedding Cars N Jeeps For Rent From 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.