Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? (40168 Views)

How Much Can Complete This House? / Room And Parlour Self Contain..how Many Size 6 Blocks Would Builts It. / How Much Would Complete This Detached House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by MrWondah(m): 7:28am On Dec 01, 2017
Dear propertylanders please I need your help in calculating the number of blocks to complete this units of self contained.

Though I'm a student I have decided to invest my money in real estate no matter how small after saving some money from my freelance web design projects I've been doing for over a year now.

I was able to convince a student friend of mine to do the design. The land is set (a gift from dad). I have moulded about 2000 blocks already and plans to lay the foundation Dec 28.

However a friend told me to mold more blocks before I start the foundation. I need your expert advice on the estimated number of blocks and how much it would worth please.

Thanks in advance .

Mods, please help a brother

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by omoiyalayi(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2017
Dis ur design pass self contained design

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by MrWondah(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2017
omoiyalayi:

A bit more. The second section is more like two bedroom, with living room dinning and kitchen
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by miqos03: 11:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Questions for archis
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by apatuku: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2017
8000 blocks undecided
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by icon91(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Meet a good quantity surveyor
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by realtemi(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by InvertedHammer: 11:26am On Dec 01, 2017
MrWondah:
Dear propertylanders please I need your help in calculating the number of blocks to complete this units of self contained.

Though I'm a student I have decided to invest my money in real estate no matter how small after saving some money from my freelance web design projects I've been doing for over a year now.

I was able to convince a student friend of mine to do the design. The land is set (a gift from dad). I have moulded about 2000 blocks already and plans to lay the foundation Dec 28.

However a friend told me to mold more blocks before I start the foundation. I need your expert advice on the estimated number of blocks and how much it would worth please.

Thanks in advance .

Mods, please help a brother

If you are truly a student, whip out a calculator. Determine the total area of the building. Determine the size of block to be used. Determine the areas of the windows and doors and subtract from the total area. How many coaches of block for the foundation and above ground level? Do the calculations and you will arrive at a rough estimate. Tedious? Yes. But someone paid your school fees. Pretend that you learned something in school. If you are able to do this, it will be a lifelong skill acquired. No need being lazy and waiting to be spoonfed. If it has never been done before, be the pioneer!

/

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by swiz123(m): 11:27am On Dec 01, 2017
As much blocks as it takes

8 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by ekojoe(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:

If you are truly a student, whip out a calculator. Determine the total area of the building. Determine the size of block to be used. Determine the areas of the windows and doors. Do the calculations and you will arrive at a rough estimate. Tedious? Yes. But someone paid your school fees. Pretend that you learned something in school. If you are able to do this, it will be a lifelong skill acquired. No need being lazy and waiting to be spoonfed. If it has never been done before, be the pioneer!

/

Uncle, he never mentioned he was an architectural student

9 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Favbolu(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by princeade86(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2017
2000 blocks
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by 3html: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2017
I used less than 2800 blocks to complete a room and parlor, kitchen n toilet. 2 rooms and parlor kitchen and toilet.
Bro start now don't waste time.
When I started mine I had only 1,100 blocks

7 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Iseoluwani: 11:30am On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:

If you are truly a student, whip out a calculator. Determine the total area of the building. Determine the size of block to be used. Determine the areas of the windows and doors and subtract from the total area. How many coaches of block for the foundation and above ground level? Do the calculations and you will arrive at a rough estimate. Tedious? Yes. But someone paid your school fees. Pretend that you learned something in school. If you are able to do this, it will be a lifelong skill acquired. No need being lazy and waiting to be spoonfed. If it has never been done before, be the pioneer!

/

very wise, op, it will be tedious but it's worth it, u might not be right but you will be closer, in that way you will not be scammed by m***ndd44

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by 3html: 11:33am On Dec 01, 2017
apatuku:
8000 blocks undecided
not a 2 storey building
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by kenzindax(f): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2017
From Experience I'll say mould more blocks because the number of blocks you have already won't even take it too DPC Level. 3bedroom with store bungalow takes a minimum of 4300blcks from down to finish. Your design is so big. You'll need more blocks. But I'll also encourage you to start with the numbers you have now and see where it gets too.

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by victorVIC1(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2017
@ MrWondah Please like how much did it cost you to mould 2000 blocks?
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by akeensbussy(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2017
that block is enough...
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by InvertedHammer: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2017
ekojoe:

Simple mathematics: Multiplication, Addition, Division and Subtraction. That's all. Nothing complicated. Just tedious (may take 1 hour or less).

4 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by webcalculator(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2017
You can get accurate estimate by contacting professionals at https://domore.ng. I have used their service. Thank me later
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by 989900: 11:56am On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/

GBAM!

I quantify my projects myself and that's not precisely my training. I could actually do that at age 15/16 with sketches I drew for fun.
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by 1beat(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2017
nobody can give you adequate figure

:- start with what you have .. building nowadays is somehow unforeseen circumstances can occur
:- make sure you monitor ur project by ur self don't rely on anybody to do that for less.
:- always seek for advice
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by 1beat(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
nobody can give you adequate figure

:- start with what you have .. building nowadays is somehow unforeseen circumstances can occur
:- make sure you monitor ur project by ur self don't rely on anybody to do that for less.
:- always seek for advice

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by QsAbdul: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
I am quantity surveyor let chat in private, 08133191978

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by ayanbaba2(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
omoiyalayi:
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
apatuku:
8000 blocks undecided
Why u come keep face like person wey drink cement grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
apatuku:
8000 blocks undecided
Why u come keep face like person wey drink cement grin
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Chukazu: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
ekojoe:

He doesn't need to be an architectural student to do what the guy suggested

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by jidda28(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
5000 Blocks Is Ok For This Plan, But You Can Start With The One On Ground.
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Rubbiish(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
kenzindax:
From Experience I'll say mould more blocks because the number of blocks you have already won't even take it too DPC Level. 3bedroom with store bungalow takes a minimum of 4300blcks from down to finish. Your design is so big. You'll need more blocks. But I'll also encourage you to start with the numbers you have now and see where it gets too.
3bedroom minimum of 4300blocks?
Some take less than that...
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by jidda28(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
omoiyalayi:

Na Ur Estimation Be This?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Select The Best Color For My House / A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home / Governor Ishaku Commissions Uncompleted Housing Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.