Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,474 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

Computer Networking - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Networking (624 Views)

Computer Networking / Need A Seminar/project Topic On Computer Networking / What Does Computer Networking Entail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Networking by suxes2005(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2010
Hello house,

Please i was given this task in my
place of work. They want me to network
the whole system in the secretariat 2geda.
So that when i type something from my system,
I can ask the P.A to check it on his sys and also
others like that!

Please kindly tell me how to do this

SHALOM
Re: Computer Networking by tunde300us(m): 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2010
Just add all the system to the same domain and create a shared folder where everyone can access from one of the system (preferably the server) system or something.
And you have to be sure they are all on the same network (switch,router etc).

I hope i have tried here,let someone else add or delete from it if his/her is sure
Re: Computer Networking by donline: 3:35am On Mar 29, 2010
d distance matter first
let here fro u
Re: Computer Networking by suxes2005(m): 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
Thanks donline and tunde

Anyways, it is thesame building and just 2-3
offices apart.

Tunde, how do i do that?
Srry if i ask u 2 much Q.

SHALOM
Re: Computer Networking by tunde300us(m): 1:23am On Mar 30, 2010
Am sorry i am not so graphical with explanations except if only i can take you tru one on one but i am sure some people in this forum have such time here and can also help with screen shots etc.
But basically you wil have to run the network wizard on each system and at some point it will ask for a domain name and you just make sure all the system have the same doman name and some how ure on ur way to solving your probem
hope it helps sir
Re: Computer Networking by deji2009(m): 1:08am On Mar 31, 2010
suxes2005:

Hello house,

Please i was given this task in my
place of work. They want me to network
the whole system in the secretariat 2geda.
So that when i type something from my system,
I can ask the P.A to check it on his sys and also
others like that!

Please kindly tell me how to do this

SHALOM

Dear suxes2005,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. For simplicity sake and accuracy. I suggest
you use google to find out how you can network. Good luck
Re: Computer Networking by Internetcash1(f): 4:26am On Mar 31, 2010
All well said, but the simple solution is go to ikeja and meet those boys that sells softwares ask them for the cd for pairing system (pair to pair) (pc to pc). Call if you need more info cos thats my field. 08038003412
Re: Computer Networking by IykeNaira: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
Use Winsock if using windows 98 to 2000. XP has similar for instant messaging. But you need to add all the systems in a shared folder of the same Domain (Server).

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Make My Modem Compatible With Other Networks / Internet Satellite / Make Calls Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.