Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat (793 Views)

Muslim Sister Is Needed / Searching Muslim Sister / A Muslim Sister Barred From Attending Call To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by obafemee80(m): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/973/1QLsSc.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr90eJ9AmM4
THIS is the moment a McDonald's security guard refused service to a Muslim woman because she was wearing a headscarf

The 19-year-old student claims she was inside the fast food outlet in north London when the security guard told her to remove the traditional dress or leave.

Footage filmed on her phone then shows the woman confronting the security guard about his stance as he refuses to back down.

McDonald's has apologised for the incident and said it is 'addressing this with the individuals involved'.

The video, which was uploaded to Twitter, shows the student in the doorway of McDonald's on Seven Sisters Road in Holloway.

She asks: "Why can't I come in to McDonald's? Because I'm wearing a hijab?"The security guard replies: "It's just a matter of taking it off..."

A member of the public steps in to tell the security guard he has no right to stop the woman ordering food.But the security guard refuses to change his mind and simply adds: "No".

The woman adds: "This is a hate crime. I just want to know who's implementing this policy because this is f***ing ridiculous.

I'm so shocked right now. I've been living in the UK for 19 years and this is the first time I'm faced with this kind of discrimination."

The woman, who asked not to be named, later told the Guardian: “I thought: ‘It’s finally happening to me,’ like it has to so many hijabis. It didn’t feel real because I had seen so many videos like this and it was finally happening to me in real life. I was in so much disbelief.

“The friend I was with was shocked and scared, and said it was a risky situation. When it was over, I finally realised how these situations can become dangerous. This is not a one-off thing.“I will never walk into a McDonald’s again."

A spokeswoman for McDonald’s apologised for the incident and said the chain does not have such a policy in place.

She said: “McDonald's does not have a policy in place which restricts or prevents anyone wearing a hijab, or any other religious dress, from entering.

“We welcome customers of all faiths and would like to apologise to the customer as this situation should not have taken place.

"We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are addressing this with the individuals involved.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5044952/fury-muslim-mcdonalds-customer-headscarf-seven-sisters/

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by jdluv(f): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
see what ISIS have caused
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by blessedvisky(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
Another attention seeker.
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by madridguy(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
Security first.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by hisgrace090: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
I did not Blame any, there is too much security issue today.

If you can't dress moderately why not stay at home or at least restrict your movement?
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by celwonder(m): 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
it's better to later apologize to d gal (if shez not a terrorist) than to be blown up by her (if shez a terrorist)

Don't blame d guard, but blame d jihad and Jihadist who's misrepresenting their religion and making their people 2b seen as a life threat
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by celwonder(m): 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
it's better to later apologize to d gal (if shez not a terrorist) than to be blown up by her (if shez a terrorist)

Don't totally blame d guard, but blame d jihad and Jihadist who's misrepresenting their religion and making their people 2b seen as a life threat
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by HajimeSaito(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
Both the recent suicide bombings in Biu and Mubi were carried out by hijabi-jihadis.

Safety first. Screen ragheads before you let them into public venues.

2 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by MicheyJ1: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
They should watch and search their bodice.
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by Optional09: 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
What are y’all motherfucker going to do about it. Go and start your own business and cover up like a masquerade.
Re: Mcdonald's Orders Muslim Sister To Remove Headscarf Becos It's A Security Threat by sorextee(m): 12:08am On Dec 04, 2017
First things first
I do not believe that there is no god/God but Allah."
"I refuse to believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I sincerely dont believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"[s]lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh[/s]."

Now back to the topic.. smiley
Who will blame d guy?
When most female suicide bombers are wearing d hijab. I bliv there was a bomb scare recently in d UK. The man is only being security conscious.

The girl sef sabi find trouble.. She know say that country dey face lots of bomb threats ND she sef still wear hijab comot. Now shes claiming victim. What happened to order d food at home. At least nobody go question why u dey wear ur hijab for house. undecided

Its just like wearing a millitary camo and walk past a barrack. If I get beaten and I will start claiming victim.

(1) (Reply)

What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? / Why You Should Be Proud To Be A Muslim: Prophetic Sayings 1400 Years Ago / Moral Islamic Values Tht Change The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.