Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Misplaced Priorities In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Misplaced Priorities In Nigeria (467 Views)

Young Girl Reportedly Drank Poison And Died Because She Misplaced Her Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Misplaced Priorities In Nigeria by Khedi: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
“#BBNaija is back again!" And there goes our priorities (misplaced priorities in Nigeria) ...The sum of N45 million Naira worth of prizes will go to it's prize winner!!! Let's take a quick pause and imagine 45 million naira sitting in our bank accounts, just receiving bank breeze. What a wonderful dream!

Back to reality, and we read of how the best graduating student of UNN, from the Faculty of Health, receives N26,000 "cash" - ONLY! All that brain and hard work and she, Chinelo Okafor receives ONLY N26,000? We're going to get a little academic here and do some math. We are all aware of the present state of hardship that we are facing in our dear country Nigeria. And we all know how the prices of school fees and accommodations have skyrocketed in recent years. Now imagine the hardwork and pressure our parents endure to put one child through a Higher Institution in this country. The think of the number of years the child dedicates his/her time into studying and coming out tops in his set! Let me paint this picture for you, a University like Abia State University, whose school fees are as high as N200,000 for the incoming 1st year student. Coupled with accommodation fees ranging from N40,000 - N100,000 per student for the year (depending on pocket size). Not to mention pocket money that so many students hustle for, or are able to squeeze out of their parents. And we come up with roughly N350,000 at the most for one year at ABSU (Abia State University). However, the higher in class you go, the lesser the fees get (just by half I presume). Now lets assume Miss Chinelo Okafor schooled at ABSU for four years then we would be looking at the sum of N1,110,000. My goodness! that alone brings tears to my eyes when I remember that all she could be awarded with was less than what she would have spent throughout her four years in school. That is a shame on our educational system.

But Nigerians still have all the joy in the world to encourage an almost "senseless" show as Big Brother Naija. Don't get it twisted, it is not my business how anyone wishes to spend his/her money. But this is a show that is proud to say that they will give someone,e the sum of N45,000,000 in cash and prize for coming into a very well furnished house, with loads of comfort and with the world watching your every move 24/7. Blink for just a second at the difference in PRIZE MONEY between the BEST STUDENT IN ONE OF THE TOUGHEST SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA, and the PRIZE MONEY for the MOST LIKED BBNaija Housemate in just three month!

Continue Reading: https://www.24buzzng.com/misplaced-priorities-in-nigeria/

Cc; OAM4J, Mynd44, lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Game Night 2018 Movie Trailer Review Poster Impelreport / Televonelas That Are Making Rave At The Moment / Masquerade Dance Shaku Shaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.