Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,088 members, 7,859,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From (495 Views)

The Traitors Of Christianity / Differentiating Christianity From Highly Publicized 'crazetianity' / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From by akeensbussy(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2017
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." Aramaic Bible in Plain English For The Spirit is God, and it is fitting that those who worship him worship in The Spirit and in The Truth.”
John 4:24 KJV
Not in tithe and Money...
That bible passage says it all.
Nobody needs any pastor to get to God.. The same Mandate given to me as a Christian is the same Mandate given to the person that tagged himself or herself G.O, Bishop, Pastor, Reverend etc.
Go into in the world and preach the Gospel. tell people about Christ.. that is the Mandate given to all. I don't know where they got their own brand of Christianity from.
The greatest apostles PAUL, PETER etc never became a G.Os telling people to bring tithe and offering to them.
they were always on the move...all the churches they founded and the people they won to Christ Jesus they never made themselves G.Os and Lord over them. as a matter of fact they cried, tore their clothes and morn when people try to idolized them.
The case is the reverse today of the same people of the same faith who called themselves all sort of Names and have monetise the Gospel.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From by Atimeset: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2017
akeensbussy:

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." Aramaic Bible in Plain English For The Spirit is God, and it is fitting that those who worship him worship in The Spirit and in The Truth.”
John 4:24 KJV
Not in tithe and Money...
That bible passage says it all.
Nobody needs any pastor to get to God.. The same Mandate given to me as a Christian is the same Mandate given to the person that tagged himself or herself G.O, Bishop, Pastor, Reverend etc.
Go into in the world and preach the Gospel. tell people about Christ.. that is the Mandate given to all. I don't know where they got their own brand of Christianity from.
The greatest apostles PAUL, PETER etc never became a G.Os telling people to bring tithe and offering to them.
they were always on the move...all the churches they founded and the people they won to Christ Jesus they never made themselves G.Os and Lord over them. as a matter of fact they cried, tore their clothes and morn when people try to idolized them.
The case is the reverse today of the same people of the same faith who called themselves all sort of Names and have monetise the Gospel.
That's the result of a Soul less, cross less Christianity that obviously lacks Jesus Christ. Once the Storm Comes it crumbles. If it were the kind of christians we have now that were in existence when Christians were martyred for the sake of Christ, a little number if not no one would have stood for Christ to be killed by the then Catholic Church according to church history.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From by HeyCorleone(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2017
The OP is so right..

You don't need your pastors that much. Maybe for guidance every once in a while, but not so much that you lack your own independent reasoning and you don't do this or do that if your G.O says so.

I believe we are all equal before the eyes of God. Why? Because we are all sinners. God can speak to anyone who is ready to listen.

The problem with an average Nigerian born again is that they depend on the voice of their G.O rather than that of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From by DEIFIED(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2017
when is this issue of tithing going to end. If you are lead in the holy spirit, please just do as you are commanded and let us have peace.
Re: I Don't Know Where They Got Their Own Brand Of Christianity From by akeensbussy(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2017
DEIFIED:
when is this issue of tithing going to end. If you are lead in the holy spirit, please just do as you are commanded and let us have peace.

That is nothing to be convinced about the tithe...

The word of God is yeh and Amen...

(1) (Reply)

Is Fasting And Prayer A Means To Attract Miracles From God? / Trinity Explained. / Herdsmen Attack:transcript Of Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.