Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade (740 Views)

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye / Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade by akeensbussy(m): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Founder and Presiding Pastor of Bethel International Reformation Centre of Destiny, New Ife Road, Ibadan, Oyo State, Apostle Moses Olusola Ayoade, speaks with OLAIDE SOKOYA, on his experience with the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), among other issues.
Journey into the ministry

My father is a military man and that affected my education. I did not have the opportunity of going to school at all, but I am what I am today is by the grace of God. My mother told me that before I was conceived, God sent a prophet to inform her that a prophet would emerge from the family. She assumed that the first child would be the prophet. She didn’t believe I could be the one, because I was very stubborn. In 1986, my parents dumped me at Ori Oke Abiye, at Ede, because I was very stubborn. Later, I followed my father to Bauchi State, because he was transferred there officially that year. After some months, I began to discover there was a special purpose God wanted me to fulfil. In 1993, while at Ori Oke Anu, Ojoo, Ibadan, God used late Baba Akande Okegbemi for me and I grew a bit in the ministry. In 1997, I joined the RCCG, where I served as the youth president. I was later promoted to parish pastor in 2000. That same year, I was ordained as a deacon and in 2010, I became the area pastor of RCCG, Iyana Agbala, in charge of the Mount Zion Zonal Area, before I was transferred to Brewery branch, from where I resigned in 2013.

What led to your resignation?

There were many circumstances surrounding my resignation. It was not my intention to resign, but something warranted it. I believe it was the purpose of God and because the time had come. Many people criticised me, saying my ministry was not according to the RCCG doctrine, but that of the CAC, because I prayed so much. I was also criticised for introducing something that the RCCG did not believe in; that I stayed in the church from Mondays to Fridays praying. There was a time they told me that I had to close the church because the RCCG had their services on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I decided to close the church, but people kept calling me on phone, that they wanted to see me for prayers and counselling. I later relocated here, where I bought half a plot of land to build my house. I remember the first day people came here for counselling, they were up to 29 and while counseling them, the spirit of God whispered to me that I should lead them in prayer. I prayed for all of them and they came back with testimonies. Before we knew it, the report had gone to the provincial headquarters that Pastor Ayoade had started a ministry. I was called upon to hand over all the church properties in my care, and I told them I was not given any property when I joined the ministry. When I noticed these happenings, I tendered my resignation letter.

Do you regret leaving the RCCG?

I have been saying this and I will keep saying it, that if I didn’t leave RCCG, I would have suffered, because every pointer at that time told me my time was up. When I wanted to leave, God told me my time was up. I remember that I kept malice with people that were senior pastors, like Pastor Adewuyi, who was the zonal pastor. When I was younger, he was my pastor and I rose to become an area pastor in the same place, where he was an area pastor. In fact, he didn’t find it easy. I kept malice with most of those people, before I left, and when I left, God instructed me to go back and reconcile with them. I initially refused because I felt I was the one owed apology, but God told me if I didn’t reconcile with them, I wouldn’t be great in life. I went to meet them one by one and I pleaded with them, including the person who went about saying all sorts of things about me – I shook hands with him and thanked him, telling him that God used him to point me to where I was going. Leaving RCCG gave me great joy.

You have faced so many challenges in the ministry; what keeps you going?

When I started this place, many people followed me, but I had to tell some people to go back because God did not call me to bring people out from where they were. He called my wife and I. This church was destabilised more than 15 times. When I started this church, in six months, we had a crowd of about 700 people, but then, those who weren’t genuine members began to misbehave, and I don’t tolerate such because I am a man of principle. The challenges have been much, but God has helped us.

What is your take on the recent controversy as it relates to paying tithes?

Paying tithes is not debatable or negotiable. I always tell people that if you believe that the Bible is the word of God, then don’t question it. It is very saddening, at this time, seeing what pastors use tithes for. Many people live luxury lives today with people’s tithes. I don’t want to talk about it anymore. I would like to make reference to myself. I pay tithes and the instruction I received from God is that ‘any time they pay tithes, including mine, 10 per cent is yours, the remaining is for widows, orphans and the underprivileged and by that, I will bless you the more,’ which I believe all other pastors must key into. For me, I have biblical proof which I can point you to. All we need to realise is that we will all stand before God at the end of the day.

If you were not a pastor, what would you have become?

Before I became a pastor, I was a successful businessman in Gbagi market, in Ibadan. I was a textile dealer, and a millionaire at that, and I was very popular, even till now. So, if I was not a pastor, I would have been a businessman; I did not even want to be a pastor because my father taught me to work hard to get what I want.

How would you assess the current administration?

President Muhammadu Buhari is doing a good job. He has good intentions, but he does not have the right people. I cannot blame him, because anyone who has not risen to the position of leadership won’t know what leadership entails;.It is the people that surround them that determine their success. The anti-corruption drive is good, but there is need to put everything in place.

What has God told you about 2018?

For 2018, I will just release three things out of what God told me and leave the others till that time. 2018 is a good year. It is a fulfilled year, but it is for those who know God. God says He will give His people accelerated promotion; for all those who are hardworking and know Him, He will break barriers for them. The year will be full of so many crises, which will claim the lives of some top people, but at the end, God says He will step in.

Advice for government

Government should listen to the cry of the masses; they should do something about poverty and hunger. Government is trying but the efforts are not enough. People are dying. Many millionaires can no longer boast of being millionaires any longer, while those who had thousands have resorted to begging. Things are not working and government should do something fast.

What is your advice for Christians?

Christians should hold on to their faith. Let’s put our hope in God, trusting and believing in Him. Let’s stand on the word of God. Let us also be conscious of the fact that Jesus is coming soon, and we should prepare and hold onto the faith and, by the grace of God, we will not lose it in Jesus name.

What is the theme of this year’s convention/fourth year anniversary?

The theme of this year came when Pastor Abiara invited me to minister. When I was mounting the pulpit, I heard a voice that told me the theme of our convention is Greater Glory. I just picked my pen and wrote it down. That is the theme for this year’s convention holding in December. There will be teaching of the word, and manifestation of God’s miracles.

Re: I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade by hatchy(f): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Liar!

God didn't tell you anything or to leave RCCG to open your own personal business center.

God will surely judge all of you using his name to deceive the people.

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade by hadduni(f): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
hatchy:
Liar!

God didn't tell you anything or to leave RCCG to open your own personal business center.

God will surely judge all of you using his name to deceive the people.
lol
it seem you know the true story about this pastor whichever way,God will definitely judge the wrong from the right.
Re: I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade by newyorks(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
linus mohamade
Re: I Would Have Suffered If I Didn’t Leave RCCG —apostle Ayoade by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
God told you nothing, stop lying!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Christmas Song / Happy New Year To All Thinkers / Atheism Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.