Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297094 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adewumz: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks. I have to start looking for a dollar card then. I was thinking I could use my GTB naira debit card. cry
Oh, ok. Just ask around because that $1000 debit card monthly limit won't be enough for the whole payment. Another option is pay application fees while you use another card for the other fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Crystalline24: 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2018
Are there other senior staff besides your mum? e.g... a HR or Personnel officer or Manager? If there is then any one of these could sign off on your work reference letter.

adewumz:
Hello house, please I need advise from the gurus in the house. I am in the early stages of applying for express entry. I have a sibling in Canada and have been under pressure to consider applying, so I have sent my transcript to wes and paid for my ielts exams. My job experience of two years which is under noc B, is in my mother's company. I am however worried if my mum writing a my reference letter would raise a red flag, as she is the owner of the company. Although, I usually tend to worry a lot about nothing, I need advise from you all. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Thebushboy1: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good evening House,

I would like to be sure i can go ahead and do my WES. I am 34yrs, Ielts S:6.5, L:6.5, R:8.5 and W:7.0. My Uncle lives in Manitoba and I have 4 years work experience in Logistics and supply chain. How do I know my score over 100? Please assist.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Crystalline24: 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
Play with this. You will see the vision by yourself N for yourself.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thebushboy1:
Good evening House,

I would like to be sure i can go ahead and do my WES. I am 34yrs, Ielts S:6.5, L:6.5, R:8.5 and W:7.0. My Uncle lives in Manitoba and I have 4 years work experience in Logistics and supply chain. How do I know my score over 100? Please assist.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
ugoiyke79e pls I sent an email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
See as you just solved my problem without knowing. So I can pay cost of recovery fee of $1250 with my card and then use someone else's card to pay for the $980 RPRF. They can be paid separately like that right? grin Comman collect kiss jare.
sweetrie:
Oh, ok. Just ask around because that $1000 debit card monthly limit won't be enough for the whole payment. Another option is pay application fees while you use another card for the other fee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Thebushboy1: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
Crystalline24:

Thank you. i actually need the link to where I can determine my eligibility. been checking the site but cant locate the page. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loritess: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone, pls can anyone help with a list of fees we could possibly pay at diff stages. Some of us are hustling to put things together, let's jst have an idea abt how much to get. Please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
See as you just solved my problem without knowing. So I can pay cost of recovery fee of $1250 with my card and then use someone else's card to pay for the $980 RPRF. They can be paid separately like that right? grin Comman collect kiss jare.
LOL. Not sure about the bolded, I didn't do that. But Yes they can be paid separately at different times. CIC will contact you when to pay the RPRF if you choose that route.
Which means you can only pay the $1250 when you submit. The RPRF is at a later time. Hope you understand...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Crystalline24: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Perhaps this is what you wanted?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Thebushboy1:

Thank you. i actually need the link to where I can determine my eligibility. been checking the site but cant locate the page. Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hey guys, hows it going? mehn the wait on this PR thing is frightening. Any pharmacist waiting on their PR ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Trueigbo: 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
mcstan18:

Who needs immigration lawyers when there's a resource like this?

Thank you...i want to start the process. What do i need to do first
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Trueigbo:

Go to page 0 and read diligently; click on all the relevant links posted there. Better if you can read as many pages as possible.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Trueigbo:

Bros I will enjoin u to read this thread from 0, or better still to go thru the 1st and 2nd thread believe me u won't regret ur actions.

To help u these d first thing u need to do;

Get ur Intl passport if u don't av.

Reg for Ielts exam with the mind to get high mark

Do verification of ur highest degree

Enter the pool.

Then u can take it from there and when u av issue den u ask the elder and ancient of Canadian EE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by duro0803: 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
Mzstephh:
Hey guys, hows it going? mehn the wait on this PR thing is frightening. Any pharmacist waiting on their PR ?

Hello gud day, I blv u are a pharmacist.
Please my wife want to evaluate her result can u give a guide or anybody in d house to help on this thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Please dont.... They are all scammers. And believe me, no one will package your application better than you. Trust me. Sacrifice time and read every single page on this thread and the previous ones. its a full treasure chest here, i tell you.

Trueigbo:
hello everyone

i want to apply for PR. someone adviced me to use immigration lawyers...i have a family of 6.

please advice

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
grin your reply though...

Crystalline24:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LausDeo(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hi people. I had plans to go for my MBA in Canada as a route for migrating. I plan to do that in 2019. However, someone just informed me that my chances are good with EE. My question is, if EE doesn't work, can it affect my chances with the Post Graduate route in any way?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 2faceman: 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2018
Random Observation

2015....Draw 1 January 31
Draw 2 February 7
2016....Draw 24 January 6
Draw 25 January 13
2017....Draw 51 January 4
Draw 52 January 11

All 7 days Interval

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lordnath:
Dear Friends, I'm happy to announce my PPR after 178 days.

Thanks to all members of the London Gang on WhatsApp, we've been like a family during the harrowing wait. I can't wait to celebrate those still waiting. To all PR holders, prospectives and Canada hopefuls, i wish you the very best.

Congrats Lordnath.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walejummy: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hmmm, nice observation, I think d point is still 446? When will it drop to 434 or 433?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boombabe: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2018
good evening everyone,please i need your advice, Im a medical doctor with one year experience,i just started my Nysc,however my husband studied computer and information tech and has 5years work experience ,we both have taken ielt but i scored 7 in each section. anyway my question is who should be the principal applicant? i will sincerely appreciate any suggestions,thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
boombabe:
good evening everyone,please i need your advice, Im a medical doctor with one year experience,i just started my Nysc,however my husband studied computer and information tech and has 5years work experience ,we both have taken ielt but i scored 7 in each section. anyway my question is who should be the principal applicant? i will sincerely appreciate any suggestions,thanks

The attached may be informative to you and everyone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
If your husband will not lose plenty points for age, and on the assumption that your husband scored better in IELTS, he would obviously be better off as the PA.
boombabe:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boombabe: 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
If your husband will not lose plenty points for age, and on the assumption that your husband scored better in IELTS, he would obviously be better off as the PA.
thanks for your reply,i am 28 yrs old and he is 30 however he scored lrws 6.5,7,7,6.5, he has more work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
same here but i still ordered gcms notes.

Pamperme:

Think I should do that too sef! Got the how to get a job letter and no additional doc required on Nov 28 so I just assumed file has been transferred to VO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
You just want to burst this my bubble sha. When you made your payment, was it only at one point before submission that it asked you to pay for both? Cos I thought that since we have the option to pay RPRF later, then the payments can be collected at 2 different times before submission. I intend to pay for both fees before i submit but this card ish is my concern.
sweetrie:
LOL. Not sure about the bolded, I didn't do that. But Yes they can be paid separately at different times. CIC will contact you when to pay the RPRF if you choose that route.
Which means you can only pay the $1250 when you submit. The RPRF is at a later time. Hope you understand...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Scard: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good evening everyone,

Congratulations to every ITA and PPR recipients.

Please, I entered the pool in December and updated some information 2 days later which reflected and I got an email on the update.

However, I made another update a few days after and that has not reflected till today. It keeps showing "changes not updated"

What should I do please.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
I have personal reservations about GTB, especially the use of their cards for international payment. I would advise if you can get a Dollar card and pay all (if you so desire) at once.

Newmum0615:
You just want to burst this my bubble sha. When you made your payment, was it only at one point before submission that it asked you to pay for both? Cos I thought that since we have the option to pay RPRF later, then the payments can be collected at 2 different times before submission. I intend to pay for both fees before i submit but this card ish is my concern.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sashaa(f): 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
Reading and digesting all i can right now as my own journey is yet to start. I'm excited already even.

Congrats to those who got ITA . I love reading those testimonies.

Gurus in the house, you guys are too much!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by KayVann: 12:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Dear Nairaland family,
Silent reader in the house, I just thought to share my story as I have been so inspired by the posts on this forum. My Canadian journey started in 2015 when I wanted to further my education, 3 times my study permit was declined because of the most ridiculous reasons. I started pursing express entry actively in 2016, wrote IELTS 4 times, has great scores but my writing kept reading 6.5. After my 4th attempt, I requested for a remark in which my writing score was reviewed to a 7, with that, I was able to secure ITA.
Below is my timeline
ITA 7th August
AOR 24th August
Medicals passed 3rd September
IP 1 3rd September
Na2. 9th September
Adr 6th December
Ip2 6th December
Adr submitted 14th December
PPR 12th January.
Family of 4.

My application was not perfect but God covered it, I used a fixed deposit and I applied as a business owner (partnership to be precise). I had to show proof of business with proof of work done, receipts, pictures and written notes from clients, I turned in our company account bank statement as well. The Adr was for me to provide tax clearance certificates for the companies. This is just to say, self employed have no issues with express entry as long as you can prove the legitimacy of your business.
It's been a long and excruciating journey but God gave me the grace to sail through with losing my elements, I am extremely grateful to the Almighty God.
Never give up on your dreams, with God all things are possible and he makes all things beautiful in his time. Thank you all for the information freely shared on this forum, may God reward you all with your hearts desire.

57 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.