Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295672 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2018
DadR:
L. 7.5
R. 7.5
W. 6.5
S. 7.0

Hmnnnn, I refuse to be sad and let down. This obviously ain't my result cos I know how well I did my exams on that day. I am seeking a remark first thing on Monday. This ain't too good at all. embarassed lipsrsealed

See DO NOT GIVE UP! we are in this together,

I will advise you enroll for another as soon as you can..april preferably

1. You still have time to study harder

2. the fees will increase after april

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 23, 2018
tippex:
My people, so I have good news and bad news. Hubby did so well but listening did me strong thing again, only if we could swap results. So his LRWS is 8.5,9,7,7 while mine is 7.5,7.5,7.5,7. To think that when we practised together I was always scoring higher than him. He is so shocked I didn't pass listening. With our current result we are at 401 and with me having 8,7,7,7 we are at 454 there about. Not giving up, it is not over until I pass.

The good news is that you only have to pay for one person..never give up!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2018
No giving up
My first result was
Listening -7
Reading -7
Writing - 6
Speaking - 8.5

Now I wrote again I got
Listening - 9
Reading -6.5
Writing -6.5
Speaking -8.5

I need to work desperately on my writing and reading ( TFNG)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2018
People of God, what have I done to IELTS.... Well in all things I give God thanks
L - 8
R- 8
S- 7.5
W- 6.5
I have already dreamt off diving the pool ... I really pray this remark will increase my writing. This 10th February exam was hard. Chai cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Hello House,

When my status on WES shows "Evaluation in progress" Do I still need to contact school to send transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2018
If your school have not yet sent your transcript, then what do you think WES is evaluating? Child of God, please ask your school to send this thing fast... Dont delay the whole process
Euouae:
Hello House,

When my status on WES shows "Evaluation in progress" Do I still need to contact school to send transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Please go for it. You have a good chance of getting an upgrade in writing. I wish you good luck. Eyes on the prize. It is well. Worry not.
Bimsebony:
Hello my E-family,

The bible says I should give thanks in every situation.

So I am grateful for my result.

L - 8.5
R - 9
S - 7.5
W - 6.5

I am trying not to feel low. I know I gave it my best shot. Well... I thank God.

I have been advised to apply for remark.

@glitteringstar @mcstan @new mum
Do you guys think a remark will increase my writing score.

Can i go into the pool with this score and apply for a remark at the same time?

Please i need your advices.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2018
I am guessing you have not collected your TRF yet. So go to their office with the bank draft. You will be guided on the next steps to follow.
extraterestrial:
please after getting a bank draft from my bank and printing the result do i take them to British council office at Ikoyi? people please help me respond i want to complete the process today if possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 11:02am On Feb 23, 2018
Nozzle:

I had similar issues with my current employer.

So i had to submit the following in this order (first to last page), and in one pdf file

Email correspondence with HR personel showing my request and their response, stating why they cant grant my request
The generic letter from my company (No job roles and duties)
Two paged reference letter (required format) signed by a colig (in my department)included his phone number, email and address(certified it in court)
A scanned copy of his ID card front and back (certified it in court)
Scanned copy of my ID (certified it in court)
Tied everything up with LOE explaining why i couldnt provide a reference letter with the required format directly from my employer.

Its my current employer, so for your case, employment letter, letter of resignation etc. may be included. I did the same when documenting for my former employer too.

My pay slips, bank statements came under my pof. You could try other approach as well, there is really no hard and fast rule anyway, you re simply trying to be as convincing as possible with your documentations and its important you leave no stone unturned in the process.

This worked for me, i hope it works for you too.

You are blessed and highly favoured. Your response is not just useful to me but this will be a solid reference point for so many others that may find themselves in this situation.
Concerning a colleague i can use, i'm afraid i know no one working there today. This is outside Nigeria and we are talking about 5 years ago. All the people i know have left as well and returned back home. However, your response has given me solid ideas of where to go from here. Thank you again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 11:02am On Feb 23, 2018
ogenel7:
People of God, what have I done to IELTS.... Well in all things I give God thanks
L - 8
R- 8
S- 7.5
W- 6.5
I have already dreamt off diving the pool ... I really pray this remark will increase my writing. This 10th February exam was hard. Chai cry cry

Chai this result go pain person o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 11:06am On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations! !!

nitrogen:
Mehn! Thank God o!

L- 8
R- 8.5
W- 7
S-7

Overall Band Score- 7.5

Wrote in January 2017, had 6.5 in writing, decided not to re-write cos I was not interested in the whole Cannyland thing. Decided to re-write after one year (Jan 2, 2018), IDP messed me up. Registered immediately for Feb 10 (at Ibadan), and here I am thanking God.

Make WES free me o.......I need to find my way!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadboy: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
canadboy:
good morning everyone. please, ICES have sent a mail that we should pay with credit card for the eca. which card should i use, is it my GTB master card or my dollar card.

Secondly. to apply as self employed what documents do i need? what is the process?

please help I'm pleading as I want to make payments today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
smslive2:
If your school have not yet sent your transcript, then what do you think WES is evaluating? Child of God, please ask your school to send this thing fast... Dont delay the whole process

Thanks alot

Already sent my own copy of transcript and certificate and just thought maybe thats what they working on. Will push for school to send.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
It is well. Do not be deterred by this. Go for a remark and if you can, book for another test. God's grace and mercy

ogenel7:
L - 8
R- 8
S- 7.5
W- 6.5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by extraterestrial: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Newmum0615:
I am guessing you have not collected your TRF yet. So go to their office with the bank draft. You will be guided on the next steps to follow.

Thanks alot. i will go there with the Draft. Just to confirm its 15k right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by arbiee: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2018
dtush:
I dont even know w coolhere to start to show my appreciation to my creator.

That is how i woke up 4am jejely to read. Just had an itch to check my email. There it was lying since 3:02pm yday, a mail to check my account.

Lo and behold, it was PPR. didnt believe it at first, call a friend who has received PPR to help me confirm.

Timeline
Decision to migrate Jan 2017
IELTS April 29th
ECA July
ITA First week in August 2017
Sumitted Aug 22 2017
AOR August 28th (devil tried it, but mercy said no)
Med passed Sept 4th
NA 2 Sept 7th
FTD to the dread LVO Oct 24th
IP2 Second week in January 2018
Almighty ADR (official divorce papers, court order granting me custody, tax card, more proof of employment) Feb 1st 2018
Submitted ADR Feb 20th 2018
PPR Feb 21st 2018

Family composition. My little madam and I.

I wrote my testimony in faith the day i submitted, it took a while but here i am finally sharing it.

Thou it may tarry, Onise iyanu is still and will forever remain on the throne.

Thank you to everyone that helped me on this journey. The lord will favour you all.

Congratulations all the way.God is indeed faithful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ctrlunlimited: 11:13am On Feb 23, 2018
Are we sure it's not the newly introduced writing paper "1 OF 1" and "2 OF 2" that is causing this downtime in writing ?
BC should do something about it, they can't be using my people to mop up revenue consistently jare, it's not fair.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:20am On Feb 23, 2018
Yes.
extraterestrial:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 11:21am On Feb 23, 2018
bonnie1:
Please, how do i join the WhatsApp group?

It's for london VO (hope you know?)

https:///1IxEIfw6mnKINYzllg3pwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ctrlunlimited: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2018
extraterestrial:

You can also download the form online, fill and submit along with the draft so you don't do anymore filling when you get there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2018
It will definitely end in praise, don't give up. I had a 7.5 in listening after maxing all the other modules in my 1st test. I was shocked because I was so sure of my answers. I literally cried my eyes out from that midnight I saw my result till dawn. It can be painful but don't be discouraged. Remarking listening could be counterproductive since its an objective test. I suggest you book for another test and try again. God's grace and blessings.

DadR:
L. 7.5
R. 7.5
W. 6.5
S. 7.0

Hmnnnn, I refuse to be sad and let down. This obviously ain't my result cos I know how well I did my exams on that day. I am seeking a remark first thing on Monday. This ain't too good at all. embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by arbiee: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Wowww...Congrats bro, so happy for you.
Lucious477:
Hi guys,

I'm very thankful to God because I've received the golden mail and I don't know how to celebrate!

My Timeline:
CRS 454
ITA Dec 6th 2017
AOR Jan 12th 2018
MEP Jan 26th
IP1 Jan 26th
NA2 Feb 1st
IP2 Feb 20th
PPR Feb 21st
Family of 3
No ADR
Visa Office: Ottawa

Some highlights of my application includes;
1. My POF = T-Bills(3months) + Generic Bank Ref Letter + 6months SOA + Gift of deed (100% amount from direct family). My total POF is in the T-Bills, explained this in my LOE.
2. Proof of employment = Reference letter (included NYSC experience) + Pay stubs.
3. There was a mistake in my spouse's name on our daughter's birthday cerficate, so I attached an affidavit (confirmation of name) together with the document to clarify this. Also explained this in my LOE.
4. Educational documents= Degree certificates + WES. I didn't include IELTS certificate although I registered the certificate number somewhere else in my application.
5. My spouse hasn't officially changed her name so I submitted our application with her maiden name. Our marriage certificate was enough proof I guess.
6. Passport photos = We took our final printed photos (50x70mm) from "Study 24" ahead of time. I scanned and resized it to the required specification (35x45mm) (using MS software) and used it for Post ITA submission.
That's all I can remember off the top of my head and I hope it helps.
Thanks to everyone that has ever communicated on this thread (names too numerous to list), it was very helpful!
For those still hoping for better IELTS scores, please try again and give it all you have this time.
For those still expecting the silver mail, please be very hopeful. Try to improve your CRS, while in the pool if you need to.
For those still anticipating towards receiving the golden mail, it will certainly come!
I'm wishing everyone here the very best and remember it will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2018
tippex:
My people, so I have good news and bad news. Hubby did so well but listening did me strong thing again, only if we could swap results. So his LRWS is 8.5,9,7,7 while mine is 7.5,7.5,7.5,7. To think that when we practised together I was always scoring higher than him. He is so shocked I didn't pass listening. With our current result we are at 401 and with me having 8,7,7,7 we are at 454 there about. Not giving up, it is not over until I pass.

That is the spirit. We will rejoice with you last last. It is not over until its over. Can your husband be the main applicant though? Just asking.

To all those writing again, good luck. To those who made it congratulations

It shall end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2018
Newmum0615:

Please explain. So if you collect the TRF, can you still apply for a remark.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 11:32am On Feb 23, 2018
I HAD:

R 8.0
L 7.5
W 6.5
S 8.5

Am wondering how esp with the writin. I am a lawyer and writing is our tool of trade. If i was gonna b worried abt nethn at all itd have been d speaking not the writing. had no issues whatsoever with the writing. how does remarking work?

DadR:
L. 7.5
R. 7.5
W. 6.5
S. 7.0

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2018
How about asking for a remark on writing?

Temas:

Take heart and be brave bro. Going for a remark on Listening wont likely yield any positive result as it is objective and not subjective.

That been said follow your heart and prepare for another test. I haven't been able to see mine though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 11:36am On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations to dtush & Lucious on ur PPR, all ITA recipients and to all IELTS victors I say congrats as well. For those awaiting their own victory in whatever area, I say be steadfast. Though it may tarry, but it will surely come to pass. Let's keep pushing and we'll surely get there. May God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2018
hereandnow65:
I had the same issue with mine and even got a cancellation mail and naturally, I became really worried and tried to contact them to no avail , I eventually got a confirmation mail from them a day or 2 after that, so if you've sent proof of payment to them, don't worry, by the time they do their reconciliation, they'll send you a confirmation mail.

I just experienced this same issue, fortunately my test date wasn't changed. I sincerely regret using British Council. All they do is collect fees, no customer care, they're unreachable on phone. If i could turn back the hands of time I would register with MOD and save myself all this unnecessary drama. Customer care is more important to me than headphones during exam.

And now see how they're grading everybody poorly in writing test. It is well o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beautyfoch: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Seems like this British council guys are purposely failing people. shocked shocked.
Nawa oo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations to everyone on the IELTS results.
There seems to be something very interesting going on with the writing test hmm. For as many people as can, should apply for remarking. I'm sure when they see the amount of remarking requests they get, they will look into whatever the problem is.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2018
grammy010:

Hello fam,

I have a GOOD NEWS For anyone that has AAT with BSC and want to know if WES evaluate it as TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, the good news is I just received my ECA today and I can confirm that both was evaluated as COMPLETION OF A COLLEGE-LEVEL CERTIFICATE (ONE YEAR) AND A BACHELOR'S DEGREE (FOUR YEARS).

So anyone with AAT should waste no time to send it to WES for evaluation as it would really help increase their score significantly.

Regards.

congrats bro, check ur email pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2018
Tojued:

I just experienced this same issue. I sincerely regret using British Council. All they do is collect fees, no customer care, they're unreachable on phone. If i could turn back the hands of time I would register with MOD and save myself all this unnecessary drama. Customer care is more important to me than headphones during exam. Thunder fire BC and bathe them front and back for their incompetency and insensitivity.

Considering suing them self or at least writing them a letter of my intent to sue.

To be honest, it might just a matter of "small prints" I wrote my exam n Accra in Jan. Paid first week of Dec, only got a payment confirmation notice. Didn't get full confirmation for the exam till barely two weeks to my exams. So I guess if you get payment confirmation, then you're fine. To what end is your suing them really? Read the "small prints"

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.