Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294677 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CTOBY: 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
I did not ask for the reason but I suspected it was because I used my A levels result to apply for admission. I did my A levels in England on a visiting visa for 2 years and left to come back home (Nigeria). I had a multiple 5 years visiting visa then. Was never banned from UK because i still travelled to UK 2 years after for a short visit twice. I am sure i was denied because of the lack of a student visa and a UK police clearance certificate. Presently have a valid US visiting visa.

I intend declaring I was denied a student visa when filling schedule 4 background check form but will not include the college name. The immigration officer probably think I forged A level certificate. I was 18 yrs at the time of denial.
Please I need advice ASAP
Thanks
mcstan18:

What do you mean by not being a bonafide student please? Was there a misrepresentation in your application back then? Well, I do not think that would adversely affect your present application but you need to make mention of that refusal where need be.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
yes o it was indeed an amazing sight to see this morning from LVO.
chizilulu:
To the IP2 gang, Congratulations in advance!!! Rain of PPR testimonies underway.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oluphilip2008(f): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
Newmum0615:

***Address***
***Date***

The Manager
XYZ Pension Managers Ltd.
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

REQUEST FOR REFERENCE LETTER/STATEMENT OF RETIREMENT SAVINGS ACCOUNT

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and require a reference letter/statement on my RSA from your institution as evidence that I have some savings with you. As stipulated by the Canadian Immigration body, the letter should be provided on the official letterhead (with contact information of your institution (address, telephone number and email address) and show the following:
• Date account was created
• RSA number
• Current balance since inception
• That 25% of my RSA balance will be available to me upon 4 months after voluntary retirement before the age of 50 years.

The letter should be addressed to:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the letter and the statement of account to aid my application.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

***Your name***
RSA No: PEN*********

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Opotuniti(m): 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
ITA - Feb.7, 2018
AOR - Feb.16, 2018
Medical Passed - Feb25, 2018.
IP2 - Feb27, 2018

Can an application jump from MEP to IP2.

The change I saw today 27thFeb was - (We do not need additional documents, We are processing your background check)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
It could be IP1 or IP2.
Check everyday, if it will chsnge to NA.
PPR Loading

Opotuniti:
ITA - Feb.7, 2018
AOR - Feb.16, 2018
Medical Passed - Feb25, 2018.
IP2 - Feb27, 2018

Can an application jump from MEP to IP2.

The change I saw today 27thFeb was - (We do not need additional documents, We are processing your background check)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
Pick up mail just came in.

MR-Jan 19
Passport request -Jan 22
Passport dispatched-Jan 27
Passport delivered-Jan 31
Status changed to "Decision made" sometimes this week.
Pickup mail-27 Feb
caon:
or question is not clear.do u mean to get pickup mail.if it is d mail it can span from few hours to 1 week from d decision.pls when was ur passport delivered to Accra n when did u get d decision made approval fish.thanks

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
KweenCee:
Hello guys,

Who recently used GT Bank Naira card for transaction? How much did they charge per canadian dollar?

Thanks.
for GT through internet transfer it was N301 per Canadian dollar

I hope the info will be useful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please can folks here who used WES for ECA confirm if harmonized sales tax (HST) was part of the charge.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Maxxyfruit: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
[quote author=oluphilip2008 post=65423658][/quote]

Does this mean that 25% of pension funds contribution has been accepted before by CIC as proof of funds??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Maxxyfruit: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
Emmasonic4me:
Please can folks here who used WES for ECA confirm if harmonized sales tax (HST) was part of the charge.

Yes it is one of the charges, outside the 200CAD. They would show you the breakdown of the charges before and after your payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Femicrux: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I am getting my transcripts and English assessment ready to be able to apply. I am yet to create an express entry account. For documents like reference letter and police certificate, does one need to only scan and upload a copy to his/her profile, or is it required to mail a physical copy?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
Maxxyfruit:

Yes it is one of the charges, outside the 200CAD. They would show you the breakdown of the charges before and after your payment.

Did you know you can get a refund of the harmonized sales tax (HST) after evaluating your credentials with WES??

I just stumbled on this(attached screenshots) and some people who tried it have recorded successful refund of $37.05.
It was discussed that the HST is paid by Canadians and since we are not (at this point), it shouldn't have been part of the bill.

I used IQAS for my ECA so it doesn't apply. Please let's explore this and see what happens for those who used WES.

Caveat: I do not know yet if there's a time frame or validity period to ask for a refund.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by victor83(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
sweetrie:
have you passed Medicals
yes I have
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by NikyO: 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hello,
Please a friend applied for remark and forgot to include IELTS ENQUIRY ON RESULTS form . When it got to Lagos he was notified that he didn’t send it and he was supposed to send it to Abuja where he wrote the exam . He’s not living in Lagos so he had to send someone to go help him sort it out so they requested for letter of authorization wch he wrote , scanned with the front page of the form he forgot to add initially. When the person took the letter and the front page of the form they gave him the document and he sent it to Abuja.

So my question is the form sent was an incomplete form what do we do at this point? Will it affect marking ?? Is there a cause for alarm??He has been trying to call them they didn’t pick
Pls we need your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
victor83:
yes I have
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
KweenCee:
Hello guys,

Who recently used GT Bank Naira card for transaction? How much did they charge per canadian dollar?

Thanks.

#296.78 on 26.02.2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 6:08am On Feb 28, 2018
Good morning all. The IP2 update was real.PPR rain is falling in a whatsapp group I'm in.
Good luck to us all. May PPR fall on us.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 6:40am On Feb 28, 2018
DereI:
Good morning all. The IP2 update was real.PPR rain is falling in a whatsapp group I'm in.

Congrats guys..See u all on the other side soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 28, 2018
pepe1:

#296.78 on 26.02.2018

Thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 28, 2018
emafav:
for GT through internet transfer it was N301 per Canadian dollar

I hope the info will be useful

Thanks dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cuteguy201: 7:46am On Feb 28, 2018
Hi, This is true but I would like to make some clarifications on some parts not totally true as I have gotten the mail for my HST refund.

1. The refund is not at a fixed at $37.05 as mentioned.
I want to believe that's the amount to be refunded if you paid $322 (International Courier of ECA).

I got a refund of $26.91 because I paid $233 (Standard Shipping of ECA)

2. The HST is not only paid by Canadians, it is paid by anyone who does a transaction within Canada either Canadian or Nigerian or Indian.
However, a Non-Canadian who does not live within Canada can request for a refund of the HST after such transaction has been successfully carried out upon evidence that he does not live in Canada - in this case, the mailing address of where the ECA was sent to or the mailing address on the card of payment.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
N.B.
I applied for the refund first week of January and just got a response 2 days ago.

Emmasonic4me:

Did you know you can get a refund of the harmonized sales tax (HST) after evaluating your credentials with WES??

I just stumbled on this(attached screenshots) and some people who tried it have recorded successful refund of $37.05.
It was discussed that the HST is paid by Canadians and since we are not (at this point), it shouldn't have been part of the bill.

I used IQAS for my ECA so it doesn't apply. Please let's explore this and see what happens for those who used WES.

Caveat: I do not know yet if there's a time frame or validity period to ask for a refund.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Claire40: 7:48am On Feb 28, 2018
will try it. Thanks
Emmasonic4me:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 7:56am On Feb 28, 2018
cuteguy201:
Hi, This is true but I would like to make some clarifications on some parts not totally true as I have gotten the mail for my HST refund.

1. The refund is not at a fixed at $37.05 as mentioned.
I want to believe that's the amount to be refunded if you paid $322 (International Courier of ECA).

I got a refund of $26.91 because I paid $233 (Standard Shipping of ECA)

2. The HST is not only paid by Canadians, it is paid by anyone who does a transaction within Canada either Canadian or Nigerian or Indian.
However, a Non-Canadian who does not live within Canada can request for a refund of the HST after such transaction has been successfully carried out upon evidence that he does not live in Canada - in this case, the mailing address of where the ECA was sent to or the mailing address on the card of payment.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
N.B.
I applied for the refund first week of January and just got a response 2 days ago.

Thanks for the clarification. However, I'm just curious to know why you have hidden this information from this forum until I found and posted it here.

I thought we are all helping each other with vital information here. Anyways, now that it has come to bare, let those who are affected explore it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 7:58am On Feb 28, 2018
Claire40:
will try it. Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2018
Claire40:
will try it. Thanks

You're welcome. Please keep the house posted on the outcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 8:15am On Feb 28, 2018
Hmm, Just noticed there have been some changes to the system post ITA.

1. There is a question on if you have done any test to assess your french skills

2. No need to Merge PCC's together. It now mentions the countries you are supposed to have PCC's from and there are separate place holders for each pcc.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by davidson97: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2018
ls house I just finished ICAN and I already have a BSc in economics here in Nigeria I intend moving over to canada to further within my line of study and possibly start workingthere with it. Between enrolling for a chartered accountant program and going to business school which is less expensive and lucrative in canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2018
Emmasonic4me:
Thanks for the clarification. However, I'm just curious to know why you have hidden this information from this forum until I found and posted it here.

I thought we are all helping each other with vital information here. Anyways, now that it has come to bare, let those who are affected explore it.
This your post hook me for one corner I can't explain sha... Choi.

Cuteguy201 appreciated your post (and clarified) in good faith but in return you attacked his gesture albeit subtly.

Although not yours but you posted it and probably took ownership by the disclaimer, let's take a look at your point four in steps to recall the tax charged and also remember the disclaimer you put does not cover a disparity of the point, I'd recopy so you don't go scrolling up wink "You will get an instant auto generated mail after submitting followed by the confirmation of refund mail in 72 hours"

Then Let me answer your query with some questions.

How will you feel when folks come in droves to say, I applied 3 days ago (to put it at minimum) but I am yet to get an auto response talk-less of a refund?

What will be your response then? How do you expect him to come forward with what was yet to be verified to be true?

He waited nothing less than 50 days to get the refund which I believe is the applicable timeline... Koko sha, I'd rather go with a first hand experience than follow yours of hearsay (3 days)... My take.

PS: I applied January 8 and got the same refund mail about 3 days back, yet to confirm money has been paid though.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by intercedertee(f): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2018
Cant wait to ccongraatulate you, you have a good heart. Mine too will join soon
Newmum0615:
grin I hope this means PPR rain will fall on all of us who got IP2 upgrade today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:12am On Feb 28, 2018
kiss Thanks dear. E go reach all of us.
intercedertee:
Cant wait to ccongraatulate you, you have a good heart. Mine too will join soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2018
Got this from another forum. Seems the PCC requirement is now only for long stretch 6 months stay 'in a row' and not piece meal accumulation.

I guess this is good news for ajala travelers. No more cumulative summing.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2018
DereI:

Please I want to join the w hats app group

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.