Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1298708 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 2:26am On Mar 18, 2018
happytbaby:
Dear People of Nairaland,

I have a question that has been bothering me. I have a Bachelor's degree, can I evaluate my marriage certificate to qualify for two or more certificates? Please help a sister.

Cc: GS, Newmum, Smileymum, Mcstan, Cochrane, Ojasope, Einsteino, Ysteph,Bouqoumie, and all other wonderful people here.

**runs and hide, don't blame me please, marriage is harder than a 1-year diploma, I think it should qualify.

use marriage take do two or more certs? grin grin grin.. eh yesh it qualifies when u graduate from the marriage ie after death don do una part grin ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:
There is this issue that I observed has not been touched on this thread.Please help me.

For separated couples who can't get divorce yet-legal hurdles,2years wait et al-what document(s) does one need to send to CIC post-ITA to show he or she is separated from the marital partner?

And how can the document(s) be obtained?

Thank you for answering.
This question is still valid.Anyone that knows,please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 4:06am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:

This question is still valid.Anyone that knows,please.

Why not ask CIC on twitter. They must have handled such cases before.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 4:07am On Mar 18, 2018
einsteino:

use marriage take do two or more certs? grin grin grin.. eh yesh it qualifies when u graduate from the marriage ie after death don do una part grin ...

Dont mind @happytbaby. She want to have more point tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 4:11am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:
[b][/b]
May God not give you what you didn't wish for.
Ridiculing other people's real life situations is an invitation to what ails them.
If you can't answer,is it not best to ignore and move on.

You're not better than anyone here.

Guy/babe u need to calm down. I am sure u didnt get the joke. She wasnt even referring to your post. Jokes like this comes up when someone ask not too relevant or repeatedly answered questions.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 4:43am On Mar 18, 2018
MummyJaygirls:
Pls what is a nursing cert evaluated as and who evaluates it?

Is midwifery cert evaluated separately? Or together with the nursing cert

Answers anybody? Please o, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 4:48am On Mar 18, 2018
MummyJaygirls:

Please read back on your timeline and glittering star cos this question was answered twice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 4:49am On Mar 18, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Thanks! @Vickyehi and @Samnijazz

Cc: MummyJaygirls

Thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 4:51am On Mar 18, 2018
vickyehi:

Please read back on your timeline and glittering star cos this question was answered twice.

I came back and met 4 extra pages, fear catch me, thought it wasn’t answered. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 4:52am On Mar 18, 2018
MummyJaygirls:

Use Iqas.....it will give u 2 cert equivalence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 4:53am On Mar 18, 2018
vickyehi:

Use Iqas.....it will give u 2 cert equivalence.

Seen, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 4:55am On Mar 18, 2018
MummyJaygirls:

I came back and met 4 extra pages, fear catch me, thought it wasn’t answered. Thanks
No wahala
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 5:11am On Mar 18, 2018
OOsarobo:
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.5

General exam for Canada Immig on my second trial ... Really grateful to God.. CRS calc be giving me 456

congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 5:12am On Mar 18, 2018
Tojued:

Are you family of 7? Or are you mistaking this for Australia immigration?

Before ita, all you need is 150k for eca and ielts.

After ita, medicals, courrier. Visa fée and air ticket are the real expenditures and you don't spend on those till you get ita and ppr respectively.

POF is for your own pocket and spending.

what about transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:28am On Mar 18, 2018
shubraba:

what about transcript
Don't be one of those people who give themselves more reasons why a project won't work than why it will.
The best thing to do is to just start the process from any angle you can. You never can tell, help might locate you halfway or at the very least having a massive project like this gives you a sense of financial direction.
If you don't spend the money for this project, you might not also be able to lay your hands on a concrete thing you spent it on instead.
Close ur eyes and invest in your future cos on the average as a "senior house help" in Canada(support worker) you will make more than 30000cad in a year(that's abt 750k monthly).
Choose wisely grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:24am On Mar 18, 2018
vickyehi:

Don't be one of those people who give themselves more reasons why a project won't work than why it will.
The best thing to do is to just start the process from any angle you can. You never can tell, help might locate you halfway or at the very least having a massive project like this gives you a sense of financial direction.
If you don't spend the money for this project, you might not also be able to lay your hands on a concrete thing you spent it on instead.
Close ur eyes and invest in your future cos on the average as a "senior house help" in Canada(support worker) you will make more than 30000cad in a year(that's abt 750k monthly).
Choose wisely grin

Exactly! This isn't a thread to convince people to migrate to Canada. Its to support people who have already done the research and comparison and have decided that its the best decision for us wink

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 6:42am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:
[b][/b]
Ridiculing other people's real life situations is an invitation to what ails them.

Is this how you intend to get the answers to your questions.

Oga, that joke did not refer to you in any way.

You should have known that your case/question is not common and would not be readily answered here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:

Ello Sir/Ma,

Post was not directed to you. You will need to have a lot of patience o, so as not to get too touchy. Every once in a while, a playful post comes up (as in this case) and people laugh and move on.

Now back to your request.

1. Court documents which shows the filling for divorce.
2. Submit an affidavit stating your estranged spouse is unwilling to take medical/pcc. (If true)

3. I hope your ee profile states divorce/seperates.

Note: even if you guys make up someday, you will never be able to sponsor him/her. And pls make sure he/she is in the know of the above plan. Who knows, they may decide to partake in the process. Do not commit perjury.

Reference:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/separated-from-wife-but-no-divorce-cic-asked-for-divorce-certificate-what-should-i-do.530499/

Happy reading

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osemigho: 7:16am On Mar 18, 2018
vickyehi:

First of all there is something known as dual intent (meaning you can do both a study permit and PR application alongside eachother). Dual intent is not a criteria for refusal of any visa. However you must prove the main point of each visa category. That is proof you will leave the country in your study permit application and also proof that you have sufficient means of integration in your PR application.
However from osemigho's post, I think he is already a student on study permit who happened to also pursue his express entry. In this case there is also nothing wrong with it because he met the criteria.
I hope this clarifies it a little better.

Seconded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osemigho: 7:17am On Mar 18, 2018
vickyehi:

That means it was your nja work experience you used for the pr application right?
Yes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 18, 2018
doreto:

Check Canadavisa forum and read the following people's posts: @Winter27996, @Jonnclk22 and @Gracy016. They had the same situation but later got their COPR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 18, 2018
Ethelia:

Exactly! This isn't a thread to convince people to migrate to Canada. Its to support people who have already done the research and comparison and have decided that its the best decision for us wink

Gbam!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2018
Now modifying my response after going to read your posts. For one I do not even recall reading your post. It totally has nothing to do with you or anyone for that matter.

You do not know me, you do not know whether I have 5 children out of wedlock from 5 different fathers (not that I would judge anyone who does) . What I am saying is that you do not know whether I actually have it better than you or not.

That was a joke question that has nothing to do with anyone. Had a busy day, checked in at 12am and decided to greet the house, it was just a coincidence and so innocent in my mind that I actually got angry **covers face.

Truth is marriage is not easy and I spoke from my experience and those around me ....not that this thread was about marriage.

Kindly accept my apologies. I think you may explain that you are separated but not divorced with an LOE, you may need to also check your social media profiles and maybe take down a few pictures....not that you declare your new status on social media o.

@ All, I was not even trying to imply that some people's question are not okay, there is no stupid question in my book. I try not to think like that, wakapass is an option in my opinion.

doreto:
[b][/b]

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2018
Modified post
doreto:
[b][/b]

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:
Congratulations to all recent PPR recipients. This thread has been very resourceful.
I was able to get my ECA for IRCC.
Pls I need suggestions or clarifications. Before I created my EE profile, I had a score of 450 using 2years working experience. On creating my EE profile, score became 475, implying CIC calculated it using 3years, because only the month and year was requested in work history.
I got an ITA in the last draw with this score i.e 475, and I decided to make the calculation myself using the dates that will be stated in my reference letters, it adds up to 33months including 14months internship, 12months Nysc and 7months on my current job (started Aug 2017).
Will this be an issue? I read that CIC considers 30hrs/week for 12months okay for a full year which is 1560hrs. But I used 40hrs/week.

Suggestions will be appreciated, as I need to put my mind at rest before I proceed.
Thank you.

You have two options:

1. Try to delay submission until you complete your 3 years of work experience since your CRS score (after recalculating using two years work experience) is lower than the cut-off score for the last draw.

2. Decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

Note:
I suggest that you go with the second option because it will put your mind at rest. You are good to go if the next draw is lower than 450 (even if the system is still calculating 3 years for you).

By the way, try to go through your details again because I still doubt that the system will calculate 2 years and 9 months of work experience as 3 years. CIC system calculates work experience on the basis of months and not days so it is possible that the system calculates 2 years and 11 months as 3 years but not 33 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:57am On Mar 18, 2018
JandyJ:

Wat about after being rejected after spending the first 150k then u are not given the ppr

Pls what's pof

Ogbeni please go and do your research. I was bored yesterday but will be very busy today.

Modified.

On page zero or somewhere similar, there's already a link to estimated costs. I found it lying around by myself unfortunately no energy to help you get the link.

First thing I did when relocation entered my eye was to evaluate costs and draw up budget. If you're someone who's practical like me i think this approach will also work for you.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2018
shubraba:

what about transcript

What the person who told you that this thread is for those who have made up their minds already said.

As for transcript, I'm not a big typer or a detailed person. No be me go draw up your detailed budget. Draw up your budget make it as detailed as possible. Me my own transcript cost less than 2k so wasn't a real expense for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2018
Because today is Sunday and I'm not going to church lemme do this as my corporal work of mercy

Research on your situation. You can start using the below as a skeleton.

International passport
Transcript
Ielts
ECA

POF
Cost of processing
PR fee

Medicals
Pcc
Courrier costs
Passport photo from recommended studio

Flight ticket
Airport transfer
Airbnb/ initial accommodation
Bridging programme or certification
Daycare before subsidy starts

Other Suggestions can be made and I'll edit the post later.

Oya bye-bye my power have finish.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nestkojex(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2018
Help plssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Good evening everyone, please I need more enlightenment on Express entry. I entered the pool last month, however at the work history point, I filled 2 different NOC with different years of experience ( secondary school teacher 4031(2yrs) and Safety Inspector 2263(1yr)) which were added together as 3yrs work experience and my score rose to 470 and I got ITA

My worry is that my sis in law said I have misinterpreted work experience which will lead to a rejection cos I gained point on 2 different NOC and the instruction is in one particular NOC. Pls what should I do. I need your help and advice urgently. God bless guys.

Lastly Congrats to those that got ITA today.

She is not correct. You can get points from more than one noc.
Someone has shared this experience here before. He sent them a mail and he was told the two NOCs can be used.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2018
Oga Tojued, go to sooshi, do not be like Happytbaby

Tojued:
Because today is Sunday and I'm not going to church
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DaddyTheFather: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2018
cochtrane:

Actually, depends. Is it "divorce" or "never married"? If it's "Divorce/Separated", I guess she has to mention him, except she likes to get a ban for misrepresentation.

Yes, she'd need to supply info about him and also get him to do medicals.

thanks a lot sir...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DaddyTheFather: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2018
Newmum0615:
True. If she is legally separated with documents to show it, I don't think she will need to provide documents from him sha. Her legal documents should be enough to exempt her from POF, PCC and medical palaver. My own opinion though.

thanks a lot, newmum...be like say this thing no dey straightforward like that...cos if she mentions him, she needs medicals for him, which she cant get...and if she doesnt, na misrepresentation...not really sure which way she can go now...might end up being a matter for LOE...

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.