Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Relocating To Singapore - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Singapore (5359 Views)

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Singapore by harlee(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2017
I greet everyone in this forum,i need advice from those that has traveled far and wide,whats life like in Singapore for blacks or as a Nigerian,i have a clean record and no form of illegal business in mind,just to work and earn a good living.what are my chances??
Re: Relocating To Singapore by harlee(m): 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: Relocating To Singapore by moonraker(m): 3:39am On Dec 09, 2017
Since you require an answer, let me break it down to you as nice and easy as i can.

Like are you kidding me??

A Nigerian such as yourself (Correct me if i am wrong) will just leave Africa and then end up in Singapore just like that??

Without any job offers, or plan whatsoever?? And your here seeking a response, while squeezing your face like someone who has been denied

food.

It is pretty much straight forward, if you dont have a job offer or an admission letter to study, dont bother going to Singapore. It isnt a place to

hustle, PERIOD.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Singapore by mofedamijo(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sit ur ass down,u dont have a job offer,no business proposal,no admission letter,no friend or relatives or siblings,you havent thought of how to apply for visa,what to apply and other stuff,u jux wonna jump on the next plane,what the hell wrong witcha y’all,singapore is extremely expensive,and even when u have a genuine reason for traveling they still look at u like why re u coming here,u think traveling is that simple,its only simple when u have genuine reasons to travel and documents to back it up,even with documents you will still be on it for months sometimes,.....forget hustling in singapore....its people like u that travel agents love to meet,so that they can dupe u very well....
Now if i will be nice to you sir......go online,look for countries with hustling potentials,try and look for what you can do to travel there,school,professional courses,u can look for cheap ones,vocational schools,etc,or u look for immigrant programs such as the canadian,australian immigrant programs(example Australian skilled workers immigration).........traveling is not easy n not very cheap...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Singapore by harlee(m): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks for both the advice and criticism,i am planning a trip to uae at the moment,i am planning to travel to Singapore via Dubai,hope to get a job though an agent...i just want to know my chances since am dark skinned
Re: Relocating To Singapore by dasparrow: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
harlee:
Thanks for both the advice and criticism,i am planning a trip to uae at the moment,i am planning to travel to Singapore via Dubai,hope to get a job though an agent...i just want to know my chances since am dark skinned

But do you have a Singapore visa though? If yes, does your Singapore visa permit you to work and live in Singapore legally? Or you're going to Singapore to live illegally which I think is not a good idea
Re: Relocating To Singapore by harlee(m): 8:29am On Dec 14, 2017
dasparrow:

But do you have a Singapore visa though? If yes, does your Singapore visa permit you to work and live in Singapore legally? Or you're going to Singapore to live illegally which I think is not a good idea
i just intend getting one,through an employment agency in Singapore
Re: Relocating To Singapore by Homguy(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2017
harlee:
i just intend getting one,through an employment agency in Singapore

Asian countries are using blacks as slaves and forced organ donors. They also often use agents pretending to provide jobs there. Be very careful especially if your agent is Nigerian.
I don't know if some people dont even tread what's happening where they Intend to travel.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Singapore by harlee(m): 5:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Homguy:

Asian countries are using blacks as slaves and forced organ donors. They also often use agents pretending to provide jobs there. Be very careful especially if your agent is Nigerian.
I don't know if some people dont even tread what's happening where they Intend to travel.
the agent ain't Nigerian tho,its a recruitment agency recognised in Singapore,by the way Singapore is a developed country unlike other Asian countries.

(1) (Reply)

Minna From Lagos / How Did U Pay Ur Foreign School Fees From Nigeria? / Moving To Botswana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.