Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Umahi Warns Corps Member Against Corruption, Others - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Umahi Warns Corps Member Against Corruption, Others (437 Views)

Deface Your Uniform And Get Punished - NYSC Warns Corps Members / Your Uniform Not Licence To Commit Crime, NYSC Warns Corps Members / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Umahi Warns Corps Member Against Corruption, Others by OrientDailyNews: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
By Sunday Agbo, Abakaliki
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has called on corps members to shun social vices such as corruption, ethnic bigotry, religious intolerance, violence and indiscipline during their service to the nation.

The governor, who made the call during the swearing-in ceremony of 2017 batch ‘B’ Corps members deployed to Ebonyi State at the National Youth Service Corps, permanent Orientation Camp, Old Macgregor College, Afikpo, charged them to be exemplary, dedicated and committed in all they do both at the camp and throughout their service year.

Represented by the Chairman, NYSC State Governing Board and Commissioner for Youth Development and Sports, Hon. Charles Emeka Akpuenika, the governor charged the corps members to take full advantage of the camp activities to enrich themselves.

“I urge you to be prepared to follow in the footsteps of your predecessors who have done very well over the years in contributing meaningfully to the development of the state. I wish to say it here that I am proud of the lofty achievements of the NYSC in the state over the years,” he said.

In her address, the state Coordinator of NYSC, Iluebbey Regina. E., advised the corps members to play active role in ensuring that the nation remains indivisible and indissoluble by emphasising the merits in the togetherness and unity of the nation.

The state coordinator charged the corps members to shape up and adapt themselves adequately to the demands and expectations of the orientation camp to enrich their knowledge and expand their horizon.

“Your excellency sir, let me use this medium to inform you that a total of 2,232 corps members deployed to the state has reported and has been registered. Out of the number registered, 1,071 are males while 1,161 are females. Some of the major challenges confronting us at the moment include broken down walls of the camp fence making the camp community vulnerable to trespass by people who have no business inside the camp,” she stated.

http://orientdailynews.com.ng/south-east/umahi-warns-corps-member-corruption/

Lalasticlala seun

(1) (Reply)

Female Corper Needed In A Advertising Agency / Please Oh!...can I Register For Batch C Next Week? / NYSC: Six Corps Members To Repeat Service Year In Sokoto For Absconding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.