Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Some Suspected Fake Recruiters/ Employers Nigeria; How To Detect Fake Companies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Suspected Fake Recruiters/ Employers Nigeria; How To Detect Fake Companies (718 Views)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / Iyaje Abuma Shedrack: UNIJOS Student Stabbed To Death By Suspected Hoodlums / Ekiti University Students Beat Suspected Armed Robber To Death (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Suspected Fake Recruiters/ Employers Nigeria; How To Detect Fake Companies by Otyemmanuel(m): 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
Some Suspected Fake Recruiters/ Employers Nigeria; How to Detect Fake Companies...Today's focus is on fake recruiters and how to identify them. it is necessary to spot them out as they can make life become a hell for you.

Fake recruiters and employers cause a lot of pain to job seekers, we have taken time to compile list of fake recruiters reported by our users over time. Below are list of fake and scam recruiters/employers in Nigeria. You should be careful dealing with them, while some are after extorting money from you others claim to be what they are not. Please send us any organization or company you suspect to be scam or fraudulent HERE

How to Identify and Avoid Scam Recruiters

Job Scammers are getting smarter by the day. They continually find ways to send email and SMS invitations of job interviews to unsuspecting job seekers and then later on ask the same job seekers for all sorts of fees (application fees, processing fees etc) before they can offer the jobs to them. Most times these jobs are non-existent.

To help job seekers never fall prey to fake and rogue recruiters who are out to take their money without any job offer in return here are some sound tips to detect scam recruiters;

– If They Have no Verifiable Online or Offline Address: When you get invited for a job you don't remember applying for be sure to check out the orofile of the recruiting organization and find out much as you can about them. If they have no verifiable web address and asks you to come for the entire in a place that is not their office (maybe a church or school building etc) it is a big sign that they might be fake. Still that is not a sure characteristic of fake recruiters.

– When They Ask for Money: Candidates are never supposed to pay to be interviewed or given a job they are qualified to get. Once you get invited to interview by an agency or recruiter and you go after doing your diligence on them the major thing that should alert you is when they ask for any sort of fee or payment. No matter what they call the fee (processing, application, administrative fee?) it is a big sign that they are out to defraud you. Simply leave.

How to Avoid Falling Victim to Job Scams

Don't Be Desperate for Job
Many times I have encountered job seekers mostly females who tell me they are ready to do anything to get a good job. Sometime ago even one lady I never met before kept calling and offering to meet me in person despite telling her there was no need for that. Such persons are susceptible to being duped. When you appear desperate you becloud your judgment and make yourself an easy target for job scammers.

Conduct Your Background Research
Just as we conduct rigorous checks on all agencies who submit their job vacancies to us you the job seeker should also do your due diligence on the organization behind any job offer before you apply.

Beware of Companies That Invite for Interviews in a Separate Location from Their Office or That Hide Their Address When Inviting You for Interview

Many fake recruiting agencies simply invite candidates to mass interviews in public school buildings or halls and do everything possible to hide their actual address from the candidates. When a recruiter does that it may be a sign that they are not genuine. You can confirm that they are not genuine if they finally ask you for money.

There are so many licensed recruiters around the country but still a few unscrupulous ones go about looking for people to scam. When you apply for a job through NGCareers or get invited to interviews by an employer through our CV Search you can always report any organization that demands for any form of advance fee from you during the process before they will offer you a job. When you report a job scam here we take it seriously and make sure other job seekers don't fall prey to the same prank.

The key is to never appear desperate for a job and never offer anybody money to get a job. If you do these two you will generally be fine. Read More on Detecting or Avoiding Scam/ Fake Recruiters

DISCLAIMER: Information provided on this page are based on reports from our users. If you think your company shouldn't be on this list, please contact us HERE with your reasons

28 Listed Fake/Scam Companies

See the companies here

Source: http://www.examstuts.com/suspected-fake-recruiters-employers-nigeria-detect-fake-companies/
Examstuts is an academic website with over 100 job listing every day.
Re: Some Suspected Fake Recruiters/ Employers Nigeria; How To Detect Fake Companies by toyoursi(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
THIS IS HOW ANOTHER FAKE RECRUITER SENT ME A MAIL AND I WAS ASKED TO PAY $84 TO DO A PSYCHOMETRIC TEST. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR CHEAP SCAM LIKE THIS!! BELOW IS THEIR MAIL

imcnigeriavacancy@international-medicalscorps.org<imcnigeriavacancy@international-medicalscorps.org>

Dear Toyosi Obayomi
I trust you are fine.
We have reviewed your application, qualifications & experience, and pre- shortlisted you for the Care Group Supervisor Position - based in our regional office in Borno, Nigeria but with travel on assignment to Co-operating Partner Offices in Kampala, Uganda and Nairobi,Kenya on need basis.

Find attached to this email our entry assessment form for new staff joining the organization. Fill it honestly and accurately and return the same to me as soon as possible as we need to fill the position very urgently (by 29/01/2018).

For the position, the organization requires your latest Psychometric OPPT score as per the desired qualifications but given the geographical separation, as the recruitment is being done here in the UK, we are unable to conduct the same.

We request you to submit this together with the filled entry assessment form.
If your OPPT is not ready, please fill & send back to me the new staff entry assessment form but schedule your OPPT with an International invigilator including but not limited to the below invigilators and email me your score as soon as possible;
Dupesh Centre www.dupesh.com
Qrill HR Consultants www.qrillhr.net

Any other accredited OPPT Invigilator is fine as well. Please scan and email the certified OPPT score to reach me on or before close of business Tuesday 23rd January 2018 if you would wish to proceed with the recruitment process.

Wishing you all the best in remaining application processes. International Medical Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.

Regards,

Richard Robinson

Human Resources Manager

Ground Floor 161 Marsh Wall London

Middle East & Africa Office

Phone Number +44 70 2403 1870

Fax Number +44 70 2403 1870

Email Address – imcnigeriavacancy@international-medicalscorps.org

(1) (Reply)

The Cost Of Making An Engineer. / Admission Into Hnd (weekend) Hnd & Nd (evening Programmes) For 2017/2018 / YABATECH ADMISSION LIST FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION FOR OND & HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.