Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,684 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied (1286 Views)

Pastor Adeboye And Wife, Folu Celebrate 54th Wedding Anniversary / Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Tope Omogoroye....

The issue of tithe paying as recently divided the Christian community in Nigeria...

Daddy oyedapo said its compulsory

Daddy olukoya said its not compulsory

Daddy adeboye said its compulsory

Prophet T.B joshua said its not compulsory...

I might not be a preacher,but i think the giving back to instituted places of God is compulsory, and why shuld it be hard to giv back just ten percent as a Thanksgiving out of what he has given to us in abundance.If you will all agree that our earnings are not made by our power, but by grace,and we shuldnt let d devil com into our midst by usin daddy freeze,a man who is not spiritually inclined sayin he wants to set free people who are already fred by the power of the Holy Ghost.....(jez gave my own opinion).... What do you think
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Bukolar1(f): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
nice move , imagine the confusion in Christendom. All we need now is strong biblical backing to convince people. I was in Church on Sunday very few old people came out to give tithes meaning people's eyes don dey open
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by SweetJoystick(m): 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
I think you have comprehension problem.

4 Likes

Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by chidex101(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
TB Joshua encouraged tithing and He urge the men of God to use it for its purpose otherwise it is a sin. He further said that congregation should help the Church to give their tithe to those that need it as it is a temptation to Church because of failure to use it for its purpose.

Watch the video it is in the youtube

2 Likes

Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
SweetJoystick:
I think you have comprehension problem.

Say anoda word nd i wil ask d holy spirit to locate you.
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by GoodMuyis(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yes 0temSapien should lock freeze up in spiritual cage
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I no sabi wetin dey d guy chest,engaging in verbal battle wit heavily anointed men of God(God's fore most generals) ...dat tin wey d push am go push am die...
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
GoodMuyis:
My mission is not to lock up people who stand for truth. My mission is to make sure all gods of religions, including Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda remain cage in their spiritual cages to allow for the people of my country and the world to start using their brains and no god can stop me. cool
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

I no sabi wetin dey d guy chest,engaging in verbal battle wit heavily anointed men of God(God's fore most generals) ...dat tin wey d push am go push am die...
Nothing will happen to Daddy Freeze spiritually, except if these so-called men of god physically silence him with the use of hired assassins as John Lennon was killed by a christian back in those days because he spoke against religion. But I wish it doesn't happen to Freeze of nature, ase!!!
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by GoodMuyis(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

The society he belongs to gave him such confidence_COD3ED
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
First of all, tithe was invented by the Levites to milk the rest of the tribes of Israel of their hard earned resources. The Levites have more brain than the rest of them.
Now they bring tithe to us because they use their brains more than us, but thank nature we are gradually wising up. Tithing belongs to the sheeple not for the thinkers.
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by GoodMuyis(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:
Nothing will happen to Daddy Freeze spiritually, except if these so-called men of god physically silence him with the use of hired assassins as John Lennon was killed by a christian back in those days because he spoke against religion. But I wish it doesn't happen to Freeze of nature, ase!!!

John Lennon was a political extremist who died along side Tupac and other. Their death was state sponsored.

Don't distort history
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
GoodMuyis:

John Lennon was a political extremist who died along side Tupac and other. Their death was state sponsored.

Don't distort history
You are lying ogbeni. John Lennon was a musician, not a political extremist. Where did you read your own version of John Lennon from
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
Bukolar1:
nice move , imagine the confusion in Christendom. All we need now is strong biblical backing to convince people. I was in Church on Sunday very few old people came out to give tithes meaning people's eyes don dey open

A conversation between two pastors on the subject of tithes and the Levitical Priesthood.

Pastor A: Hi Pastor Z, long time how are you doing and the work?

Pastor Z: Work is splendid going fine. How are things with you? Heard a message of yours the other day, someone gave me a cd. Heard you don't believe in tithes that it's all past with the Levitical priesthood.

Pastor A: No I don't believe in "paying tithes" all I see in the New Testament are free-will offerings, giving to the poor. Never did Paul say anything about the tithe so I don't believe it's part of the revelation of our redemption.

Pastor Z: Interesting sir, Do you know that all the forms of giving Paul taught, he quoted Scriptures from the Levitical Priesthood to back his assertions?

Pastor A: That cannot be true

Pastor Z: I also learnt from your teachings you believe in people giving on the basis of "If we sowed spiritual things to you it's your duty to give back carnal things"

Pastor A: Oh yes, I believe that and in my Church, we practice that. They give to the Ministers and also they give to the poor. The rest is kind of free-will offerings. I mean we don't pay tithes but we give to our Pastor who has been such a blessing.

Pastor Z: Also learnt you believe and preach that those that labour in word and doctrine are worthy of double honor.

Pastor A: Oh we firmly believe in that.

Pastor Z: Interesting, I hope you know that instruction of honouring those who labour in the Word stems out of the same Levitical Priesthood that you roundly condemn. It is a commandment in the law of Moses you are practising there.

Pastor A: Oh noooo. Never.

Pastor Z: Read it with me in 1 Timothy 5:17-19
"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

Pastor A: Paul said "the Scripture saith" not the Law. "The Scripture" can't you read.

Pastor Z: Well this was the second time Paul used that term in his letters. The first time he made it clear it's origin in 1 Cor 9:9
"For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?"

You see that the principle thou shalt not muzzle the ox that Paul left with Timothy as an instruction for managing the affairs of the New Testament Church was taken directly from the Levitical Priesthood.

Pastor A: Hmmm.

Pastor Z: So let's look into the Scriptures together to search for the proper justification to give to the poor. We know this is an explicit instruction in the New Testament concerning giving to the poor. At least we both agree on this type of giving.

Pastor A: Yeah I agree.

Pastor Z: Do you know the first time God ever gave any man or group the instruction to give to the poor it was also in the Levitical Priesthood?

Pastor A: No no I don't get this.

Pastor Z: So let's look at it we will see it stems also from the Levitical Priesthood. There is no record of anyone being instructed to give to the poor until the Law was introduced. Did you ever hear of Abraham gathering the poor in his area to distribute from his abundance of gold and silver or Joseph helping those in famine? The man did business with them. This is where giving to the poor was introduced as a principle.

Pastor Z: Leviticus 19:10 "And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God."

Pastor Z: In fact, Paul said these words to the Church at Corinth after they gave sacrificially to the poor, the blessings he spoke were a direct quotation of blessings pronounced in the Psalms which stemmed out of the Law of Moses.

2 Corinthians 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

That was a direct quotation from the Psalms which stemmed out of the book of Deuteronomy.

Psalm 112:9 "He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour."

Deuteronomy 24:12-13
"And if the man be poor, thou shalt not sleep with his pledge: In any case thou shalt deliver him the pledge again when the sun goeth down, that he may sleep in his own raiment, and bless thee: and it shall be righteousness unto thee before the Lord thy God"

Pastor Z: I'll even go further. There is a link between giving to the poor and the principle of giving carnal things when spiritual things are sown into your life with the Levitical Priesthood. In Romans Paul said

Romans 15:26-28
"For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things."

Pastor Z: Now we see them giving to the poor saints in Jerusalem on the principle of giving carnal things to them from whom they reaped spiritual. Where did Paul get this his "new found" theory from? Was he scamming the Gentile churches? I mean I am sure he must have been questioned on its justification.

Pastor Z: They must have asked why do you say we are indebted to them? I mean Paul said they were debtors. That means it was their duty. A duty is an obligation something one is mandated to do. He said you are paying back a debt by doing this. Where did this doctrine stem out of? Hear what Paul said to substantiate it.

1Cor 9: 9-12
"For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Pastor Z: Even giving to widows and orphans that the New Testament commands it was taken from the Levitical Priesthood. Did you ever hear of Abraham Isaac or Jacob gathering widows? We even heard they (Abraham and Jacob) gave the tithe even though as you say it was once but to widows and orphans we never heard them do it.

Deuteronomy 24:18-20
"But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the Lord thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing. When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands."

Pastor A: Are you saying that if we delete the entire instructions in the Levitical Priesthood our entire giving system in the New Testament will have no Scriptural basis and collapse?

Pastor A: Hmmm but the Law has been done away with. What are you getting at here?

Pastor Z: Oh yes it has. But understand what happened. Nothing in the Law was a figment of Moses's imagination. Everything is a type and shadow of the true. In other words for everything done under the Law, there is true representation in the heavenlies.

Remember God told Moses "see you build everything according to the pattern shown you on the mount". Everything Moses built and then instructed men to do, he saw its true representation in the heavenlies. To have a shadow you must have the real image that casts the shadow. You cannot have the shadow of a dog without there being a real dog. So the Law was a shadow of something that truly existed, Jesus set aside the shadow that we may enter the real.

Hebrews 8:5 "Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount."

Pastor Z: You know my friend since you like Greek words let me tell you the Greek word for shadow and you will get it. It is "Skia" and it means "Of the image or outline cast by an object" So there has to be the real object for there to be a shadow. The shadow is the outline of something real.

Pastor Z: Everything offered in the temple then has its exact image in what was and is offered up in the heavenly tabernacle

Pastor A: I will need to go and re-read my Bible I didn't know Paul substantiated all these practices citing the Law.

Pastor Z: I mean if we don't know where in the scriptures that practice is stated how then do we substantiate what Paul did who after receiving an offering from the Philippian Church prophesied on them that "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory". I mean why should Paul only say "My God shall supply" after offerings are given. Abi you didn't know it was the offerings that made him make that pronouncement?

Philippians 4:18-19
"But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Pastor A: Yeah I agree. Paul too sef. The term "My God" we are all priests na in the New Covenant. He is our God too. This now sounds like the blessings the priests used to pronounce on the children of Israel back then after the people gave their offering.

Pastor Z: Now Paul restrained himself from exercising certain rights that were legitimate because the Gentiles were not accustomed to certain things being new to the idea of the things of God and the priesthood. He didn't want them to misconstrue his motives as being materialistic and let that be a hindrance to the gospel but he never said they were wrong.

Pastor Z: So do you receive honorariums after ministering?

Pastor A: Yes. Jesus instructed on that.

Pastor Z: Hmmm. Let me not go further. I thought you once told me Jesus ministered under the Law and His words not valid for us today. Here is where the Lord brought out that principle from and Paul agreed with him. Oga read where the justification for your honorarium is coming from o.

1 Cor 9: 9-14 "For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?.......... Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel".

My dear friend, I would have shown you what Paul said concerning the tithe and what Peter and James and the other apostles in Jerusalem did concerning it. It's all in there. See you bro will be back for that matter

Pastor A: Okay bro looking forward to it.
#Copied from Pastor Poju
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:
You are lying ogbeni. John Lennon was a musician, not a political extremist. Where did you read your own version of John Lennon from

Al dis nairaland pple,dey can formulate story die.... grin cool tongue
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

Al dis nairaland pple,dey can formulate story die.... grin cool tongue
E tire me o undecided
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

stop fooling yourself!!!Holy spirit doesn’t even know your fore fathers,so who are you to talk to Holy Spirit!!!!
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Benz4pimp:
stop fooling yourself!!!Holy spirit doesn’t even know your fore fathers,so who are you to talk to Holy Spirit!!!!

Phool...
The spirit of God is all knowing, makin my forefathers known to him......
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

Phool...

zombie!!!i know people like u....pastor’s ass licker
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by SweetJoystick(m): 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

Thunder fire you
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Spuggie: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
topedopechef:

Phool...

Very Christlike of you.
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by GoodMuyis(m): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2017
0temSapien:

Like Fela Anikulapo... Like John Lennon

musician with anti government ideology, either good or bad, they are against the government of the day
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Like Fela Anikulapo... Like John Lennon

musician with anti government ideology, either good or bad, they are against the government of the day
The christian guy who killed John Lennon did so because he felt betrayed by John Lennon's song and not because he was sponsored by the state to do so. BTW, can you post a link to any of John Lennon's anti-government ideology or you just want to make things up from your head?
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 9:01am On Dec 05, 2017
0temSapien:
The christian guy who killed John Lennon did so because he felt betrayed by John Lennon's song and not because he was sponsored by the state to do so. BTW, can you post a link to any of John Lennon's anti-government ideology or you just want to make things up from your head?

Dis thread is abou tithe payin nd not john lennon na,e yaf die,let d dead rest na.
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by GoodMuyis(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2017
0temSapien:

Chapman was a CIA Agent

topedopechef:

Dis thread is abou tithe payin nd not john lennon na,e yaf die,let d dead rest na.

Sorry abeg
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Goshen360(m): 2:17am On Dec 06, 2017
topedopechef:

A conversation between two pastors on the subject of tithes and the Levitical Priesthood.

Pastor A: Hi Pastor Z, long time how are you doing and the work?

Pastor Z: Work is splendid going fine. How are things with you? Heard a message of yours the other day, someone gave me a cd. Heard you don't believe in tithes that it's all past with the Levitical priesthood.

Pastor A: No I don't believe in "paying tithes" all I see in the New Testament are free-will offerings, giving to the poor. Never did Paul say anything about the tithe so I don't believe it's part of the revelation of our redemption.

Pastor Z: Interesting sir, Do you know that all the forms of giving Paul taught, he quoted Scriptures from the Levitical Priesthood to back his assertions?

Pastor A: That cannot be true

Pastor Z: I also learnt from your teachings you believe in people giving on the basis of "If we sowed spiritual things to you it's your duty to give back carnal things"

Pastor A: Oh yes, I believe that and in my Church, we practice that. They give to the Ministers and also they give to the poor. The rest is kind of free-will offerings. I mean we don't pay tithes but we give to our Pastor who has been such a blessing.

Pastor Z: Also learnt you believe and preach that those that labour in word and doctrine are worthy of double honor.

Pastor A: Oh we firmly believe in that.

Pastor Z: Interesting, I hope you know that instruction of honouring those who labour in the Word stems out of the same Levitical Priesthood that you roundly condemn. It is a commandment in the law of Moses you are practising there.

Pastor A: Oh noooo. Never.

Pastor Z: Read it with me in 1 Timothy 5:17-19
"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

Pastor A: Paul said "the Scripture saith" not the Law. "The Scripture" can't you read.

Pastor Z: Well this was the second time Paul used that term in his letters. The first time he made it clear it's origin in 1 Cor 9:9
"For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?"

You see that the principle thou shalt not muzzle the ox that Paul left with Timothy as an instruction for managing the affairs of the New Testament Church was taken directly from the Levitical Priesthood.

Pastor A: Hmmm.

Pastor Z: So let's look into the Scriptures together to search for the proper justification to give to the poor. We know this is an explicit instruction in the New Testament concerning giving to the poor. At least we both agree on this type of giving.

Pastor A: Yeah I agree.

Pastor Z: Do you know the first time God ever gave any man or group the instruction to give to the poor it was also in the Levitical Priesthood?

Pastor A: No no I don't get this.

Pastor Z: So let's look at it we will see it stems also from the Levitical Priesthood. There is no record of anyone being instructed to give to the poor until the Law was introduced. Did you ever hear of Abraham gathering the poor in his area to distribute from his abundance of gold and silver or Joseph helping those in famine? The man did business with them. This is where giving to the poor was introduced as a principle.

Pastor Z: Leviticus 19:10 "And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God."

Pastor Z: In fact, Paul said these words to the Church at Corinth after they gave sacrificially to the poor, the blessings he spoke were a direct quotation of blessings pronounced in the Psalms which stemmed out of the Law of Moses.

2 Corinthians 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

That was a direct quotation from the Psalms which stemmed out of the book of Deuteronomy.

Psalm 112:9 "He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour."

Deuteronomy 24:12-13
"And if the man be poor, thou shalt not sleep with his pledge: In any case thou shalt deliver him the pledge again when the sun goeth down, that he may sleep in his own raiment, and bless thee: and it shall be righteousness unto thee before the Lord thy God"

Pastor Z: I'll even go further. There is a link between giving to the poor and the principle of giving carnal things when spiritual things are sown into your life with the Levitical Priesthood. In Romans Paul said

Romans 15:26-28
"For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things."

Pastor Z: Now we see them giving to the poor saints in Jerusalem on the principle of giving carnal things to them from whom they reaped spiritual. Where did Paul get this his "new found" theory from? Was he scamming the Gentile churches? I mean I am sure he must have been questioned on its justification.

Pastor Z: They must have asked why do you say we are indebted to them? I mean Paul said they were debtors. That means it was their duty. A duty is an obligation something one is mandated to do. He said you are paying back a debt by doing this. Where did this doctrine stem out of? Hear what Paul said to substantiate it.

1Cor 9: 9-12
"For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Pastor Z: Even giving to widows and orphans that the New Testament commands it was taken from the Levitical Priesthood. Did you ever hear of Abraham Isaac or Jacob gathering widows? We even heard they (Abraham and Jacob) gave the tithe even though as you say it was once but to widows and orphans we never heard them do it.

Deuteronomy 24:18-20
"But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the Lord thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing. When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands."

Pastor A: Are you saying that if we delete the entire instructions in the Levitical Priesthood our entire giving system in the New Testament will have no Scriptural basis and collapse?

Pastor A: Hmmm but the Law has been done away with. What are you getting at here?

Pastor Z: Oh yes it has. But understand what happened. Nothing in the Law was a figment of Moses's imagination. Everything is a type and shadow of the true. In other words for everything done under the Law, there is true representation in the heavenlies.

Remember God told Moses "see you build everything according to the pattern shown you on the mount". Everything Moses built and then instructed men to do, he saw its true representation in the heavenlies. To have a shadow you must have the real image that casts the shadow. You cannot have the shadow of a dog without there being a real dog. So the Law was a shadow of something that truly existed, Jesus set aside the shadow that we may enter the real.

Hebrews 8:5 "Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount."

Pastor Z: You know my friend since you like Greek words let me tell you the Greek word for shadow and you will get it. It is "Skia" and it means "Of the image or outline cast by an object" So there has to be the real object for there to be a shadow. The shadow is the outline of something real.

Pastor Z: Everything offered in the temple then has its exact image in what was and is offered up in the heavenly tabernacle

Pastor A: I will need to go and re-read my Bible I didn't know Paul substantiated all these practices citing the Law.

Pastor Z: I mean if we don't know where in the scriptures that practice is stated how then do we substantiate what Paul did who after receiving an offering from the Philippian Church prophesied on them that "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory". I mean why should Paul only say "My God shall supply" after offerings are given. Abi you didn't know it was the offerings that made him make that pronouncement?

Philippians 4:18-19
"But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Pastor A: Yeah I agree. Paul too sef. The term "My God" we are all priests na in the New Covenant. He is our God too. This now sounds like the blessings the priests used to pronounce on the children of Israel back then after the people gave their offering.

Pastor Z: Now Paul restrained himself from exercising certain rights that were legitimate because the Gentiles were not accustomed to certain things being new to the idea of the things of God and the priesthood. He didn't want them to misconstrue his motives as being materialistic and let that be a hindrance to the gospel but he never said they were wrong.

Pastor Z: So do you receive honorariums after ministering?

Pastor A: Yes. Jesus instructed on that.

Pastor Z: Hmmm. Let me not go further. I thought you once told me Jesus ministered under the Law and His words not valid for us today. Here is where the Lord brought out that principle from and Paul agreed with him. Oga read where the justification for your honorarium is coming from o.

1 Cor 9: 9-14 "For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?.......... Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel".

My dear friend, I would have shown you what Paul said concerning the tithe and what Peter and James and the other apostles in Jerusalem did concerning it. It's all in there. See you bro will be back for that matter

Pastor A: Okay bro looking forward to it.
#Copied from Pastor Poju

I HATE TO QUOTE THE WHOLE POST BUT the above is salient LIES. Did Paul referenced the law to place Christians under the law while his teachings completely dismissed the same law to Christians?

2 Likes

Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2017
Goshen360:

I HATE TO QUOTE THE WHOLE POST BUT the above is salient LIES. Did Paul referenced the law to place Christians under the law while his teachings completely dismissed the same law to Christians?

You wil b speakin grammar jez to avoid paying tithe, oga reference or referencing, goan pay ur tithe
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Peacefullove: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
topedopechef:

You wil b speakin grammar jez to avoid paying tithe, oga reference or referencing, goan pay ur tithe

Are. u wiser than the apostles that never collect tithe ?
Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by Goshen360(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
topedopechef:

Physician heal yourself first before you wan heal me.... cheesy What has tithe paying done for you but haven't done for me a non tither?

1 Like

Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by 0temSapien: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
Goshen360:

Physician heal yourself first before you wan heal me.... cheesy What has tithe paying done for you but haven't done for me a non tither?
gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied by topedopechef(m): 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Goshen360:

I don build masion for heaven

(1) (Reply)

The Tithe Debate Was Settled 2000 Years Ago / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located, Or Is It Some Kind Of Utopia? / Is there any Charm to make a thief Restless Until they return your stuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.