Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,973 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide (557 Views)

Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by babablogger: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2017
Ashawnty Davis, a 10 years old girl reportedly committed suicide after a video was shared on social media of her fighting an alleged bully.

The fifth-grade pupil of Sunrise Elementary school in Aurora, Colorado had got into her first ever school fight which turned out to also be her last and the video recording of the fight was posted online, The Independent reports

She died Wednesday after being taken off life support at a children’s hospital, two weeks after she was found hanging in a closet at home.

“It’s just devastating,” her father, Anthony Davis, told Fox31 Denver. “She was just a child of joy and she brought joy to everyone.”
ashwati

Her mother, Latoshia Harris, claimed the girl had been bullying her.

“I saw my daughter was scared,” Ms Harris said.

Footage of the fight was then uploaded and shared on the app Musical.ly.

“My daughter came home two weeks later and hanged herself in the closet,” Ms Harris said.

According to the Independent, her parents hope her story will help save the lives of other young people.

“We have to stop it and we have to stop it within our kids,” Mr Davis said.

“I want other parents to know that it’s happening,” Ms Harris added. “That was my baby and I love my baby and I just want mothers to listen.”

http://www.babasalami.com/2017/12/10-years-old-girl-reportedly-commits.html

cc lalasticlala seun

Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by biacan(f): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Rip
Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by otusnora(f): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2017
so sad..! RIP pretty one.
Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by majamajic(m): 7:05am On Dec 05, 2017
ouuuch
Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 05, 2017
Everything is njtj meant for the net. Now this innocent girl is gone. The poster should be tracked down and dealt with.
Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by Feranchek(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
Bad use of social media is really wrecking havoc amongst our youths these days
Re: 10 Years Old Girl Reportedly Commits Suicide by Oyindidi(f): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2017
Say no to cyber bullying!

(1) (Reply)

Rose Marie: Dick Van Dyke Show Star Dies At 94 / How To Know If A Woman Is Pregnant Or 'has Belle / Tips On How To Know If Your Guy Really Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.