Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira (21467 Views)

Angry Mob Beats Lagos Policeman Unconscious For Pushing Man Crushed By BRT / Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors / Drunk Lagos Policeman Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by stane007: 11:27am On Dec 05, 2017
Joining the #EndSARS movement, a Nigerian man has shared his story with a Lagos Policeman he identified as Edosa Friday, who checks people's phones at Iyana Ira area of Lagos.

According to him, he had a new encounter with the policeman shortly after his ordeal with the police 3weeks ago. Here's what he wrote;

"Just yesterday I posted my ordeal with the police 3weeks ago, little did I know I was about to get dazed today.
A police man approached me at Iyana ira this morning while I was heading home, asked if he could know me, I asked for his id, he flashed it too fast but I was able to get the name luckily “Edosa Friday”, so I told him what he needed to know and he asked for my fone but I refused, he let me go. Just as I was standing at the bus stop I saw him stop a small shuttle told the guy to come down, asked questions and started searching his phone..I made a video of him tho.

I took a small shuttle at the bus stop, usually carries 2 passengers in front I paid for 2 to seat alone, the shuttle left, just before we got to agbara, in a sparsely walked area, a shuttle with 4police men (3 on uniforms one on casual) crossed us told the driver to park asked me to get down, he asked for my name, I asked to see his ID card he brought it out but won’t show it to me, and immediately asked for my phone, I refused, and that was when I knew police is my enemy.

I was technically been hit and rough handled and forced to get into their shuttle, they were protecting the names on their uniforms so I don’t get to pick the name, I still managed to see one “badamose oseni” if my memory is still correct, I tried getting the plate number of their shuttle but they knew what they were doing, they won’t let me, Enter the shuttle to where I said, to the station one of them said, for what? that I’m either a fraudster, a cultist or a kidnapper for not showing them my fone.

I told them to allow me go with them in my own shuttle that the shuttle they came with isn’t a police vehicle that I don’t think I’m safe in there considering I’ve already been hit, 3 of the police where armed and pointed at me all these while. I knew it was Edosa Friday that told them to come after me and they had to stop me where people barely walked. They disagreed and I eventually got into their shuttle that was when they started getting series of slaps for not complying earlier. Got to the station, 3 police men on uniforms took off their shirts and were ready to beat me up if I still refused, (continued on screenshot)"

https://www.lailasblog.com/endsars-man-narrates-ordeal-lagos-policeman-checks-peoples-phones-iyana-ira/

Lalasticlala

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2017
If a police man asks to see my phone, I don't see any reason why I would refuse to give him.

I give them my phone to check anytime cos I've got nothing to hide, if you refuse to obey them you just gave them authorization to apply force.

It took me a while to understand the police, before you leave your house search yourself 3 times.

Modified ;-

You can mention me till tomorrow, it still won't matter because what most of you refuse to understand is that we are not in a civilized nation and what the government does here is create a law and never enforce it. If you have a family member that has been shot dead by policemen for no reason you guys would understand.

A sane person that lives in 9ja would know very well not to provoke an armed policeman, I've been arrested by these guys (SARS) in the past and locked up for days for no valid reason.

26 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Evablizin(f): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Special Arm Robbery Squad Must End.

20 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by bamdly(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2017
Naija. Ile ole

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2017
The NPF motto should just be changed from police is your friend, to police is not ur friend, apart from SARS been scrapped, me think the NPF should be scrapped also

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Homeboiy: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Its seems every Nigerian has a story to tell about SARS shocked

9 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Samusu(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bail is Free

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Hector09(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
Every thing in nigeria is too poor, is this country course

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Playz(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Phone-checker, was that stated as part of your duties? Men with guns...
sad angry

6 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
Iyana Ira abi Iyana Iba shocked shocked
Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Charly68: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Police dey check phones ?..omo Ole!

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by 9jatatafo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Police are thieves sound it

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by muller101(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
Remimadrid:
The NPF motto should just be changed from police is your friend, to police is not ur friend, apart from SARS been scrapped, me think the NPF should be scrapped also
police scrapped? Guy tell me you are not serious

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by EagleScribes: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
We are in a country where the plight of its citizens is taken as a joke

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by leksmedia: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
If you must show them your phone make sure you could see everything they are doing, I remembered once I allowed one to check my office laptop only to get home I realise my laptop is connecting to one satellite, I don't still understand how he did it .
Had to format and reformat the system

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by stefanweeks: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
9ja which way?

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Ermacc: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:
If a police man asks to see my phone, I don't see any reason why I would refuse to give him.

I give them my phone to check anytime cos I've got nothing to hide, if you refuse to obey them you just gave them authorization to apply force.

It took me a while to understand the police, before you leave your house search yourself 3 times.
And I'm sure if they ask for your atm and pin, you would give; your wife Puccini, you give; you'll eventually give your life since you dont know your right to privacy. if you continue to live like a coward, your oppressors will continue to carry their heads up.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
not just the police, the whole country is sick.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by ghanaman5050: 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:

But naked photos on my phone and my business plans on my phone so I can't give my phone to anybody. Can police check Degote phone ? I believe in equal right

8 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by ehissi(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:
If a police man asks to see my phone, I don't see any reason why I would refuse to give him. I give them my phone to check anytime cos I've got nothing to hide, if you refuse to obey them you just gave them authorization to apply force.

That's because you know nothing like Jon snow.

Its wrong for them to ask for it, its wrong for them to search it and it is absolutely wrong for them to harass, beat or arrest anyone for not doing so....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by waveman2: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ah see dis one oh. Do you think they are checking to see if u, re a internet fraudster. They want to know if you are among those dat come to nairaland to curse buhari. Many of dem are here on nairaland both army and police.

fuckerstard:

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by kay29000(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hmm
Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by rawtouch: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:

It is idiots like you that give police the impression that they can do and undo

29 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Mpanyi: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:

Pls stop all this nonsense. It's we the citizens that encourage the police. You may be one though. Who knows. Police have no right to your phone. From having right to yoyr phone they will graduate to another thing. . Let's try the little we can to create a civil society by asserting our rights and encouraging people who do same.

27 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by pol23: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:

It's your privacy.
Ignorance is letting any policeman go through your phone without search Warrant.
And the search Warrant should contain your name and address without you telling them.
This means they can't just stop a random guy and start checking through his privacy without court order.

14 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by mildflame: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
fuckerstard:

Bro u aint a CRIMINAL they got no right to search Ur fione

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by overlord29(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
i wiLL fAst fOr 40niGhts & start giVing tithes if SARS iS deStrOyed. . .mArk my wOrds undecided #theirCupdOnfuLL
Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by ifyain: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
Police have no right to research your phone without a court warrant or order. it is illegal and the police knows it.

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by mildflame: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
waveman2:
Ah see dis one oh. Do you think they are checking to see if u, re a internet fraudster. They want to know if you are among those dat come to nairaland to curse buhari. Many of dem are here on nairaland both army and police.

MAD man

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Aquariann: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
If I were Buhari, this is a good time to score a political point because, whether he likes it or not, PDP would use this SARS brouhaha to score campaign points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates His Ordeal With Lagos Policeman Who Checks Phones At Iyana Ira by Moreoffaith(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Young Men Killed In Gboko, Benue (Graphic Photos) / I Benefited N65,000 From My Uncle’s Kidnap; Send Me To Prison – Suspect Begs / Little Girl Missing After She Was Taken From Her Mother In A Lagos Church.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.