Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Dear Nigerians, Let's BLAME Ourselves For The Mess In LIBYA! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Nigerians, Let's BLAME Ourselves For The Mess In LIBYA! (349 Views)

Dear Nigerians, We Do Not Have A Summer Season / Dear Nigerians, You Need To Read This / 6-year-old Ivorian Girl In Libya Detention Centre Searching For Her Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigerians, Let's BLAME Ourselves For The Mess In LIBYA! by scriptaz18(m): 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dear NIGERIANS,

Before we skin the Libyans alive, let us call to mind that we are the cause of their unrest, dehumanization and beastiality!

Once upon a time, Libya was ruled by a dictator but beyond that seemingly ‘autocratic regime,’ Libya’s economy was twenty times robust than Nigeria’s and South Africa’s.

Despite the easy assess they had to migrate to Europe, the Libyans never had the cause to leave their border for greener pasture – they lived comfortably in their ‘confines’ while other African nationalities trooped in en masse to find a means of living from the crumbs of the Libyans.

Obviously to have control of the oil in Libya - then came the ‘western powers’ and their African allies, particularly Nigeria, to liberate the Libyans. Take note that the Libyans never approached them for any liberation sake.

So, Nigeria, South Africa and Gabon voted for a United Nations Security Council resolution, which was used by Western countries to carry out a sustained bombardment of Libya and dethrone the Late Gaddafi.

In the AU, it was only Zimbabwe that didn’t vote in support of the ‘western invasion’ of Libya.

Cometh the invasion and since then, see what Libya has become – a war-torn country with anarchy here and there. Libya suddenly became a no man's land!

Do you now know why your Government, other African countries and the western countries are quiet on this modern slave trade in Libya?

My mom always say this to me when I was a kid “The pikin wey say him mama no go sleep kule, him too no go sleep kule.”

I have no space for polemics in my dictionary and as such, hit the truth hard – so, if you were the Libyans, will you warmly welcome other nationals into your country after they had contributed to the destruction of your country?

Before we scream blue murder on the Libyans, let us first take the blame for what they have become and then, hold our government by the jugular to improve our economy so that we would be like the once upon a time Libya, where our country is our promised land.

Thank you.
Kingsley Ugo Okenwa
05/12/17

Re: Dear Nigerians, Let's BLAME Ourselves For The Mess In LIBYA! by Munae(f): 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2017

(1) (Reply)

My Letter To Seun / Effective Routines To Building A More Confident You / Afenifere, Ijaw Igbo Leaders Storm Benue In Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.