Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Chelsea Wins Carling Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Wins Carling Cup (4195 Views)

Footballers Queue Up To Mock Man United After Embarrassing Carling Cup Exit / The league cup in England known as Carling cup name as being changed / Carling Cup Final: Wigan Vs Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2007
to all chelsea fans please stand up for the champions
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2007
i think it is time for arsenal make dem know their mate we too much abeg .

wenger ko arsenal ni
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by mukina2: 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2007
*hisssssssssssssssssssssssss* angry
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 4Play(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2007
Why is this slowpoke starting 2 threads at the same time? undecided
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by deejay1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2007
i no ear wattin u say i guesss u dey say chelsea fit play pass arsenal or sometin. chelsea's mikel crazy kid dat is destiny 4 red cards wat was he doin wen he was pulling Toure i dont just get it
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2007
4 play na ur papa be slowpoke well all i know be say we don win sikena

up chelsea and i pity arsenal fans tonight poor ending cry cry cry grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 4Play(m): 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2007
@atiku07

Like say you dey as stupid as your namesake? grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2007
u better shut dat mouth dejay abi toure started it all

well we don win

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2007
well na usabi no carry vex come spoil happiness 4 me heree

poor loosers grin grin grin

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by mukina2: 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2007
atiku07:

poor loosers grin grin grin

una nor get shame sef *hisssssssssssssssss* angry angry angry
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2007
@mukina

u better pay no time 4 smesme it teaches u that next time u watch b4 u leap

buhahahhahahahah grin grin grin grin ;Dahaha

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by deejay1(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2007
@ atiku07 4play don finish am say u dey stupid as your name if u r tellin mi dat toure started the rift, why can't crazy chelsea control themselfs and why on earth will ur manage go onto the pitch his he tryin 2 clear his players off arsenal players on sometin i guess he shuld have being thrown a punch on his chick if i was eboue i would have kicked his ass off mi. LOOSER CHELSEA
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2007
SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWERS FOR, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed LIKE ARSENAL

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by deejay1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2007
CHELSEA  SQUAD  full on PRO  who earn thousands of money and they r not even ashamed of themself. they r just trying to spoil the pro-football. they will alway be the 1ce that would be found doin the bad tins
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by deejay1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2007
for a wonderfull kids lk d arsenal team of todays match but for a crazy chelsea team 4eva
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 9ja4eva: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2007
Bravo Arsenal Youths you outplayed them.Chelsea fielded their strongest side.Do they even have anything like a Reserve team?Na wa oh
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2007
NA UNA SABI

I CAN PROMISE U U ARE ENDING THIS SEASON WITHOUT A TROPHY

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 9ja4eva: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2007
atiku07:

NA UNA SABI

I CAN PROMISE U U ARE ENDING THIS SEASON WITHOUT A TROPHY

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

See th rubbish una play against small children.Well am nt an Arsenal fan oh i jst admire Wengers option to field young players.Coming to think of it Chelsea doesnt have reserve team oh.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by bolanle069(m): 1:47am On Feb 26, 2007
chelsea 4 life
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by boyrochead(m): 2:14am On Feb 26, 2007
its quite obvious that arsenal team lack the experience to win that match,then why re u guys arguing?Wenger is feilding young guys,he knows whats he is doing,:preparing for the future.,thats will be in next 4-5 years to come.But i am assuring you that those guys will also end-up in chelsea when the super millionaire entice them.
Definately they ll end up loosing till fade.
Up Blues
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by boyrochead(m): 2:20am On Feb 26, 2007
the child is the father of a man,yea its true.but here the father still remain the grandfather of the child,thats why murinho shows wenger that although wenger is older but murinho remained his father.And ironically chelsea boys re grandfather of the arsenal boys grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by bolanle069(m): 2:22am On Feb 26, 2007
Jose leaves kids' stuff to Wenger
Ahead of the first all London Carling Cup final, managers Wenger and Mourinho renew their feud over 'cash versus kids' Jonathan Northcroft
You know, I’m a person,” said Jose Mourinho, “who likes a difference of opinion.” If that is the case, Arséne Wenger must be the Special One’s special friend. If the pair were plummeting from a cliff, you could imagine them engaging in a mid-air dispute over who was going to hit the ground first.

Mourinho, spirits lifted yesterday by the news that injured skipper John Terry would be fit to play in Cardiff, is not alone among top managers in almost needing conflict as psychological fuel. Despite purporting to live by Jock Stein’s old maxim “don’t go looking for trouble, trouble will always find you”, Sir Alex Ferguson has spent years creating quarrels with opponents, the authorities and the press as a means of motivating himself and his team. Even placid old Rafael Benitez displayed a hitherto hidden talent for rancour when he belittled Everton as a “small club” after the recent Mersey derby: as a result Liverpool’s toiling performance was forgotten and Benitez’s players retained the self-belief that saw them prosper in Barcelona. One of the pleasures for any journalist engaging Wenger is the feeling that you can ask anything; he seems to enjoy being challenged to shoot back with the right riposte to the toughest question.

As for Mourinho: “I think I’m easy to work with because I’m objective,” said the Chelsea manager. “I accept that people don’t always think the same as me but I like to communicate. I’ve had a lot to forgive people for, in my life and at Chelsea. And I’ve had to apologise to a lot of people.”

One of those was Wenger. In 2005, Mourinho said sorry via a Christmas card for having branded his rival “a Viewer”. He was incensed when Wenger refused to acknowledge receipt of the peace offering and made theatre of declining to shake Wenger’s hand at the next Chelsea versus Arsenal game, which Chelsea won 2-0. The ill-feeling between the managers has simmered. The Carling Cup final lead-in has seen them trading barbs as to what makes a great manager. Mourinho seemed to suggest that Wenger could not be termed such because he has not been a European champion. Wenger replied haughtily that plenty of coaches who have won the Champions League will not be remembered as great figures. Mourinho concurred - but made it clear he feels his own place in the pantheon was way beyond debate.

He also seemed to row back on his earlier jibe, saying that Wenger, after all, was “great”, but as the word tumbled out, something about the inflection made it sound that in this one-off context it was a throwaway epithet. In football, results tend to have the final word, and the only time Wenger flinched during the hour he spent giving his cup final press briefing was when reminded that, unlike Benitez and Ferguson (and for that matter Martin Jol) he has not yet defeated Mourinho head-to-head. He went 17 games unbeaten against Chelsea when Gianluca Vialli and Claudio Ranieri were the managers, but has failed to win in five attempts since Mourinho took charge.

It is the last cup final in Cardiff, and while travel links to the Millennium stadium have often been lamented, nobody has ever complained about the pitch. Yet for today’s game, Chelsea and Arsenal are presented as lining up on an uneven playing field. “Is it cash against kids?” Wenger was asked, to his delight. With Arsenal playing the majority of the pups whose exuberant talents have swept them to the final, Chelsea are in an invidious position, with their multi-million-pound, full-strength team. It irritates Mourinho.

Someone suggested that by fielding his collection of reserve and academy footballers Wenger was ensuring that there was no way he could be perceived as losing. “I agree,” said Mourinho with narrowed eyes.

Most of the truly great managers not only won the greatest trophies but did so using players they reared themselves, an achievement Mourinho’s CV cannot detail. Wenger’s record in nurturing footballers appeared unimpeachable - until set before the sophistic Portuguese. With chutzpah of which only he is capable, Mourinho suggested that he might know better than Wenger when it comes to developing footballers, calling on the example of Lassana Diarra, the young French midfielder who has started Chelsea’s past seven matches, mostly at right-back. “I don’t think young players have more chance at Arsenal,” said Mourinho. “I want you to tell me what a player prefers. Is it to have some chances to play now and again, like they do at Arsenal? Or is it to be like Diarra, who was waiting and then when he went to the team, he went to stay? Because Diarra in this moment is not playing Carling Cup matches, he is playing Champions League matches, eh? So what is the best process?”

Mourinho cheerfully ignored the fact under Wenger, Cesc Fabregas has played 27 Champions League matches by the age of 19. There was also disingenuousness in his assertion that at Porto “my challenge was no money, and Portuguese players - build a team”.

Mourinho’s effect on his previous club, who had slumped to their lowest ever league position before he made them European champions, was extraordinary, but it was not a transformation effected through discovering obscure youths. Stalwarts Ricardo Carvalho, Deco Costinha and Maniche, were already there and in or approaching their mid-twenties. Paulo Fer-reira was a Mourinho find, but the right-back was 23 when he was signed from Vitoria Setu-bal. It is fair to argue, however, that youth development is simply not something he has been asked to address. His career has been too stellar. His 32 months at Chelsea are the longest he has spent as manager anywhere and his brief has always been first-team success. Would he like the chance to build a young team? “I would love to do that,” he said. “Chelsea is a different challenge. It was a club without a big history and it is very important if a club wants to come up and become important in the world to win big titles.”

His influence over youth matters is “in no way” like Wenger’s. Here was a double barb. Talent recruitment is down to Chelsea’s chief scout and director of youth development, Frank Arnesen, Mourinho’s rival in the politicking that takes place at Roman Abramovich’s court. Before Terry announced yesterday that he would be fit to play, despite aggravating an ankle injury against Porto in midweek, Mourinho had been faced with having to field Michael Essien at centre-back. His only other alternative was to use striker Didier Drogba in that role.

Was there no player from the club’s reserve or youth ranks who could come in? “No. Not one. No chance. Not yet,” said Mourinho. How long would it take Chelsea to establish the same kind of production line of talent as Arsenal? “Frank can give you a better answer because he is in charge of that aspect,” Mourinho said. “As the first-team man I am waiting for the work they do in the youth department. I am waiting for the final product to be delivered to me.”

Diarra was signed in July 2005, before Arnesen took up his post. That Mourinho picked this player as his example of Chelsea’s future, not the recent recruit Jon Obi Mikel, must have been coincidence.

Wenger, meanwhile, argued that if a rich owner offered him £100m to spend on players, “I’d say to the guy, ‘Keep your £100m. You must understand that my team is the work of five years and now to destroy what we have by buying big names would be crazy’.”

Cash v Kids, red corner and blue, Jose against Arséne. Easter is coming up. Might be time to send a card.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by bolanle069(m): 2:27am On Feb 26, 2007
Cash v Kids, red corner and blue, Jose against Arséne. Easter is coming up. Might be time to send a card. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked angry wink
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by dblock(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2007
I'm cursed sportswise, Naija don't make it to world cup, Naija loses to Ghana and now Arsenal loses to Chelsea, seesm like any team i support does bad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why sad
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by jgirl3: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2007
That's funny, sorry ehn. If that's your luck, as long as you don't support ManU, we're okay.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Razorr(f): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2007
dblock:

I'm cursed sportswise, Naija don't make it to world cup, Naija loses to Ghana and now Arsenal loses to Chelsea, seesm like any team i support does bad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why sad

Er. . . Ehm. . .

Sweetheart, I've got blue forms for sale if you're interested! grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by chidichris(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2007
Deejay,
your post here shows how imbalance u are in ur reasoning.
terry was knocked to unconsciousness and the chelsea players did not fight.
Toure felt mikel is a kid to be intimidated on the pitch for just a slight tackle the beast desended on mikel.
thank God mikel was able to match him man to man.
please visit youtube.com for the scene. this site will show u how it all started and how mikel gave him a soft touch that could have sent him crawling if not for the timely intervention of other players.
it is a sad news for you and your group as mikel was sent off alongside two arsenal players, arsenal lost the cup and wenger admitted they lost their cool so how fucking irrational are you in putting the blames on mikel.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by fellow(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2007
to say i am not suprised by the antic of the so called arsenal fans would be a lie. I knew they would never concede defeat. Silly things. All they are saying is kids Vs cash. WHO THE HELL CARES so far the prize was won by the experienced and more determined side which is chelsea.
As for mikels' case honestly i would have beaten kolo blue-black if i were him. What the hell does he think he was trying to achieve, claiming superiority? I wonder oh
anyway Up Blues jare and this is just the 1st out of 4. The losers can go and die for all i care
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by amodu(m): 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2007
What kind of excuses are you people given now?

You are mentioning that they are young players, let me ask you this questions

are they not earning salary?

didn't you have experience players that you can fit in to that match?

Can your so called Igwe and co. do more than what those lads did?

your coach feels like the lads are capable of doing it, he has confident in them than your fucking stars, so no more excuses.

BLUES RULES!

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Olumide7(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2007
A yoruba man would have called the chelsea players agbaya (old fools). From the start of the tournament, they always fielded their best quad even against league 1 sides. Even teams like everton did not do that. The average age of the arsenal squad was just 21. the chelsea players were just chasing shadows in the first 25 minutes of the game when the arsenal players were tossing them up and down, left and right on the pitch. You can only imagine what would have happened if players like Henry, Gallas, Gilberto, Lehmann, Rosicky, Clichy etc were playing yesterday.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Razorr(f): 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2007
Was it not the same old guys that were beaten by PSV in their last match?

Make I hear word abeg!

Wenger is getting tired of those old boys. He knew that the young chaps had a better chance of beating Chelsea. The problem with them was their lack of experience, as they had many chances that they failed to utilise.  grin   grin

We would see more of the young guys in their next couple of matches.

kiss TRUE BLUE kiss
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by wormedup(m): 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2007
@atiku,
i can't seem to lay hands on ur problem.
u'll never get an award from seun for most threads started on niaraland ! trust me !

@deejay,
ur level of reasoning is so appalling, Rev. King himself would've been reluctant in maiming u !

@Olumide,
obviously u have nothing to say.
arsenal played the best team wenger thought was available.

* Jens Lehmann
* Gael Clichy
Yellow Card
* Kolo Toure
* Justin Hoyte
* Mathieu Flamini 76
* William Gallas
* Francesc Fabregas
* Gilberto
* Alexander Hleb
* Emmanuel Eboue 71
* Tomas Rosicky
* Thierry Henry
* Robin Van Persie
Yellow Card
* Emmanuel Adebayor 61

Subs not used

* Manuel Almunia
* Philippe Senderos
that's the team that played against west ham.

against CSKA Moscow
* Jens Lehmann
* Kolo Toure
* Justin Hoyte
* Johan Djourou
* Gael Clichy 74
* William Gallas
* Francesc Fabregas
* Gilberto
* Alexander Hleb
* Tomas Rosicky
* Theo Walcott 80
* Thierry Henry
Yellow Card
* Robin Van Persie
* Emmanuel Adebayor 67

Subs not used

* Manuel Almunia
* Alexandre Song
* Denilson
* Jeremie Aliadiere

against PSV
* Jens Lehmann
* Philippe Senderos
Yellow Card
* Gael Clichy
* Kolo Toure
* William Gallas
* Francesc Fabregas
* Gilberto
* Alexander Hleb
* Julio Baptista 75
* Tomas Rosicky
* Emmanuel Adebayor
* Thierry Henry

Subs not used

* Manuel Almunia
* Johan Djourou
* Denilson
* Mathieu Flamini
* Fredrik Ljungberg *maybe flamini should've been in there for gallas; denilson for gilberto grin tongue*
* Jeremie Aliadiere

i could pull out some more but that'd be a futile endeavour if u are opposed to positive reasoning.
what else
someone should really do some reasoning.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-super Eagles Star, Femi Opabunmi Cries Out; I'm Going Through Hell / Download Video: Juventus 1 - 2 Manchester United UCL Goals And Highlights / Pool Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.