Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? (2369 Views)

A Dead Referee Has Been Appointed For Nigerian Premier League Match Tomorrow / Which Language Does The Referee Uses To Talk Wit Players On The Pitch? / Why Did The Referee Cancel Stoichkov 'freekick'goal Nigeria Vs Bulgaria Usa 94? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by medjai(m): 6:52am On Mar 30, 2010
why do footballers argue? It doesnt make any difference. The ref will never go back on his decision.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by McboG: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
Baba d tin tire me o!
They don give person red card and some mad players go still the argue? It is wa o!
And then there's this issue of footballers telling lies. I no sure say person dey wey lie pass footballer. Ball go hit person go throwing him go say d tin no touch am. Wahala!!!
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by babs787(m): 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
I tire myself. Maybe they do that so that they could look sober and the body would not penalize them further. shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by yoji: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2010
instinct
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by 4peace(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
guilty conscience
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by mamagee3(f): 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2010
They're trying to sell their story to the referee. grin
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by Kgdavid(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
because in the heat of the moment, emotions take over. more importantly some players complain vehemently so as to put pressure on the ref to favour them on the next decision
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by Marhoski(m): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2010
very dumb question, why do u react when u are insulted?
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2010
I agree with kgdavid. . . .It's to intimidate the Referee and put pressure on him so he'd favour them in the next decision.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by medjai(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2010
@ marhoski
its a different thing when you react to an insult because something comes out of it. Its either you are warnin the person not to repeat it or you are trying to make the person apologize or for some other reason but when you react to a refree's decision, its an action in futility even when you're right, the refree wont change his decision
well, i think its just instinctive and sometimes when you're right, the FA can look into it.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by deb(m): 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Topic

First, they are human being

Second, football is beyond kicking the ball its also a psychological game so you always do your part deliberately to affect
the psyche of the refree no matter how strong he might want to prove to be. That way the next decision he makes about you
or your team will be done with caution. Such psychological work could make a refree who just gave a player red card to over look
another red card offense if your team commits another one. It all depends, you play the game kicking the ball and you also play the psychological part
to your own advantage.

I wish Nigerian footballers understood this because you will see them at the world cup just accepting everything thrown at them while
Argentina, Brazil, Italy, England and the rest will deliberately 'work' the refree on his decisions to their over all advantage on the field of play.
Even Tunisia, Algeria and Egypy understood that basic psychological principle.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by medjai(m): 8:27am On Apr 07, 2010
^^ Love the angle u took it from.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by snakova(m): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2010
deb:

Second, football is beyond kicking the ball its also a psychological game so you always do your part deliberately to affect
the psyche of the refree no matter how strong he might want to prove to be. That way the next decision he makes about you
or your team will be done with caution. Such psychological work could make a refree who just gave a player red card to over look
another red card offense if your team commits another one. It all depends, you play the game kicking the ball and you also play the psychological part
to your own advantage.

I wish Nigerian footballers understood this because you will see them at the world cup just accepting everything thrown at them while
Argentina, Brazil, Italy, England and the rest will deliberately 'work' the refree on his decisions to their over all advantage on the field of play.
Even Tunisia, Algeria and Egypy understood that basic psychological principle.
Something Amodu couldn't work on. Hopefully Lagerback would show them the way.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by medjai(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^ truthfully, i dont think Lagerback has anything to offer. Check his records, nothing impressive. He even lost to Bruno Metsu, whom i think would have been a better option if at all we needed a foreign coach, in 2002.
Re: Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? by honeric01(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2010
Because some of them always feel the ref decision is wrong.

(1) (Reply)

11 Satanists Spotted At Chelsea Match In Germany As Satanic Symbols Saturate / 10 Best African-born Players In English Premier League History / Pools Compilers Let Us Share Systems Here !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.