Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup (1476 Views)

AFCON 23: Super Eagles Coach,peseiro Releases Squad List For Sierra Leon Games / Mikel Obi Leads Super Eagles Players For Team Walk Ahead Of World Cup Match.PICS / Photos Of Russians Begging Super Eagles Players For Selfies And Autographs Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
The World Cup is fast approaching in 6 months also this would be super eagles 6th World Cup appearance. Now, we’re aiming to progress beyond round of 16. I personally believe that when super eagles are at form with the right talent, organization, hard work we’re amongst the top 10 teams in the world. Now, my question to you guys is if the World Cup was to begin today who would make your 23 and also list your starting 11. My 23 and starting 11 today are as follows

Goalkeepers
1, Vincent enyeama
2, Francis uzoho
3, Maduka okoye

Defenders
Leon Balogun
Troost-Ekong
Kevin Akpoguma
Shehu Abdullahi
Brian Idowu
Ola aina
Tyrone ebuehi

Midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Etebo ogenekaro
John Ogu
Joel Obi

Forwards
Victor Moses
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi
Ahmed Musa
Odion Ighalo
Henry Onyekuru
Obafemi Martins

I believe that my 23 consists of experience, youth, and familiarity. Most of this players were part of our Wcq. Additionally, I added a few exceptional players that has proven themselves at their club sides. I believe that this 23 is good enough to create a team to aspire past the group stage and correctly achieve something meaningful contingent on hardwork. The surprising names on my list includes
1, Maduka okoye
2, Kevin Akpoguma
3, Joel Obi
4, Obafemi Martins
I believe all 4 are better than their opponents presently at the super eagles. My starting 11 presently would be

4231 against decent teams on our level like Croatia etc
451 against exceptional teams like Argentina Brazil etc

Enyeama

Shehu. Ekong. Akpoguma.... Idowu

Ndidi. Onazi....

Mikel

Iwobi. Iheanacho. Victor Moses

Iheanacho starts above ighalo and Martins Sokol because of his finishing and set piece abilities. Sometimes, great set piece abilities has the chance to change a course of a game

541 anti-football against Argentina Brazil etc

Ebuehi. Ekong. Akpoguma. Balogun.. idowu

Ndidi. Onazi... Mikel... Moses...

Iheanacho

We have to frustrate those word class teams by “parking the bus then hoping to score at counter-attack.

Notable omission from my 23 are
1, Elderson - Idowu and Aina are better and younger
2, chidozie Awaziem - akpoguma is better for me
3, Mikel agu - Joel and ogu are better
4, Simon Moses - Henry Onyekuru is better for me.

Btw, enyeama should still be the starting goalie while those 2 young goalies 6.5 and 6.6 are the future of eagles
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
Now, I want everyone to list their 23 and starting 11. Also, defend your list without prejudice or insults. Feel free to agree or disagree without any malice
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2017
Remove Enyeama from that list. He is a good man, deserves lots of love and respect from any true Super Eagles fan but he is not fit. Which team does he play for presently? Lille...right? When was the last time he stood in goal for them? When was last he was even listed in the substitute bench?

Enyeama is retired. He said so we should allow him to enjoy his retirement. Yobo should’ve done the same in Brazil 2014, he ended up saying goodbye to the Super Eagles with an own goal. Pls leave Vincent alone.

1 Like

Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
12large1:
Now, I want everyone to list their 23 and starting 11. Also, defend your list without prejudice or insults. Feel free to agree or disagree without any malice
u really tried,lets keep our fingers crossed till March 2018
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Gboasaa I’m not removing enyeama from my list. This is my list and I have defended mine let’s see yours
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by femi4: 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
12large1:
Gboasaa I’m not removing enyeama from my list. This is my list and I have defended mine let’s see yours
Remove Enyeama, he already said he no longer have passion to play for Nigeria.

You can only force a horse to the stream, you can't force him to drink water
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
I swear Nigerians act like they don’t comprehend written English. I already told y’all that my list and I’m asking for your own list instead you’re telling me to remove enyeama.has enyeama directly told you to exempt him from World Cup?? Enyeama has returned to his original club nice and is just getting back from injury
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Geolalisa(f): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
Goal keepers Vincent enyeama ikechukwu ezenwa Fransis uzoho
Defenders troost ekong leon balogun kelvin apkoguma chigozie awaziem brian idowu troyne ebuehi ola aina
Midfielders mikel obi eddy onazi wilfred ndidi oghenekaro etebo Chidiebere nwakali john ogu
attackers obafemi martins odion Igahalo alex iwobi Kelechi iheanacho Victor moses Henry onyekuru samuel adegbenro

2 Likes

Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2017
12large1:
The World Cup is fast approaching in 6 months also this would be super eagles 6th World Cup appearance. Now, we’re aiming to progress beyond round of 16. I personally believe that when super eagles are at form with the right talent, organization, hard work we’re amongst the top 10 teams in the world. Now, my question to you guys is if the World Cup was to begin today who would make your 23 and also list your starting 11. My 23 and starting 11 today are as follows

Goalkeepers
1, Vincent enyeama
2, Francis uzoho
3, Maduka okoye

Defenders
Leon Balogun
Troost-Ekong
Kevin Akpoguma
Shehu Abdullahi
Brian Idowu
Ola aina
Tyrone ebuehi

Midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Etebo ogenekaro
John Ogu
Joel Obi

Forwards
Victor Moses
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi
Ahmed Musa
Odion Ighalo
Henry Onyekuru
Obafemi Martins

I believe that my 23 consists of experience, youth, and familiarity. Most of this players were part of our Wcq. Additionally, I added a few exceptional players that has proven themselves at their club sides. I believe that this 23 is good enough to create a team to aspire past the group stage and correctly achieve something meaningful contingent on hardwork. The surprising names on my list includes
1, Maduka okoye
2, Kevin Akpoguma
3, Joel Obi
4, Obafemi Martins
I believe all 4 are better than their opponents presently at the super eagles. My starting 11 presently would be

4231 against decent teams on our level like Croatia etc
451 against exceptional teams like Argentina Brazil etc

Enyeama

Shehu. Ekong. Akpoguma.... Idowu

Ndidi. Onazi....

Mikel

Iwobi. Iheanacho. Victor Moses

Iheanacho starts above ighalo and Martins Sokol because of his finishing and set piece abilities. Sometimes, great set piece abilities has the chance to change a course of a game

541 anti-football against Argentina Brazil etc

Ebuehi. Ekong. Akpoguma. Balogun.. idowu

Ndidi. Onazi... Mikel... Moses...

Iheanacho

We have to frustrate those word class teams by “parking the bus then hoping to score at counter-attack.

Notable omission from my 23 are
1, Elderson - Idowu and Aina are better and younger
2, chidozie Awaziem - akpoguma is better for me
3, Mikel agu - Joel and ogu are better
4, Simon Moses - Henry Onyekuru is better for me.

Btw, enyeama should still be the starting goalie while those 2 young goalies 6.5 and 6.6 are the future of eagles

You will fail as a coach,have you watch akpoguma played,and mind you iheanacho will never start ahead of ighalo maybe if he start have more game time at Leicester,as for Moses Simon he will be at the World Cup,so stop wasting your time,he will fight iwobi for that starting spot
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
GKs.

1. Ajiboye
2. Ezenwa
3. Uzoho

DFs

4. Ekong

5.Balogun.
6. Omuero

7. Awaziem
8. Shehu

9. Idowu
10. Ebuehi

MFs

11. Mikel Obi
12. Ndidi

13. Onazi
14. Joel Obi

15. John Ogu
16. Etebo

FWs

17. V. Moses

18. Iwobi
19. Iheanacho

20. Onyekuru
21. S. Moses

22. Musa
23. Ighalo
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
The team will select itself

Francis Uzoho is Nigeria number 1. Enyeama should go as number 3 goal keeper and only used if we face a crisis. I don’t know why Enyeama is waiting to be begged. If Enyeama does not show commitment then let Dele Alampasu go. Ezenwa is a clown! Akpeyi makes silly errors too but he is still better than Ezenwa. Uzoho is the best of them all. He will be a world class keeper soon!

Goalkeepers
1. Uzoho
2. Akpeyi
3. Enyeama or Dele Alampasu

Defenders
4. Shehu Abdullahi
5. Tyronne Ebuehi
6. Elderson Echiejile
7. Ola Aina
8. Leon Balogun
9. Troost Ekong
10. Omeruo
11 chidoziem awaziem

Midfielders
12. Mikel
13. Ndidi
14. Onazi
15. Etebo
16. Ogu

Forwards
17. Victor Moses
18. Iwobi
19. Iheanacho
20. Musa
21. Odion Ighalo
22. PAUL Onuachu
23. Moses SIMON
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
Why do you say ezenwa is a clown? I think his just a funny character but calling him a clown is going too far. Also, your choice of omitting Brian Idowu and Obafemi Martins for older Echiéjilé and Paul is interesting.
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
Andrew444 I have watched akpoguma since he was 19. The guy has pace, positioning, aerial ability etc and his also good on the ball. He reminds me of Jerome boateng
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
12large1:
Andrew444 I have watched akpoguma since he was 19. The guy has pace, positioning, aerial ability etc and his also good on the ball. He reminds me of Jerome boateng

Bros no lie u dey watch German league ?talk true
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
He plays for Hoffenheim. I have been following him for the past few years when he said that his interested in playing for Nigeria
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
12large1:
He plays for Hoffenheim. I have been following him for the past few years when he said that his interested in playing for Nigeria

The guy has not even agreed to play for naija self,all this players are below average just because of their skin colour we think they are good,anyway if called up he won't start
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by ezenwa10: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
did you know how to get the right football boot? if not, get the tips on https://bebelite..com/2017/12/how-to-buy-right-football-boot.html
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Bbdot(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Akpoguma will not play for nigeria is waiting for german call up
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
12large1:
Why do you say ezenwa is a clown? I think his just a funny character but calling him a clown is going too far. Also, your choice of omitting Brian Idowu and Obafemi Martins for older Echiéjilé and Paul is interesting.

Brian Idowu was lucky to find himself in a good position to score but I don’t think he will offer much defending as a traditional left back

Echiejile experience is key. He is not too old and can play as standing left back in a 4-3-3 formation while Tyronne Ebuehi does the overlapping on the right flank. Ola Aina is a better cover at left back sub than Brian Idowu

I did not omit Obafemi Martins, he is not in the team and I don’t see what he will give the team. Rather I omitted Nwakaeme for Onuachu because I think we need Onuachu’s youth and height for some games. Use him as a super sub when we want to throw the kitchen sink. Move Mikel to deep and introduce Onuachu so Mikel can find him with long passes.

Obafemi 33 + Idowu 25 = 58/2 = 29 average age

Echiejile 29 + Onuachu 23 = 52/2 = 26 as average age

You can’t qualify Echiejile and Onuachu as old and then propose Obafemi and Idowu instead
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
To be honest echjile plays like someone in his 40’s his extremely stiff, slow, cannot cross the ball i doubt Echjile would had scored that goal that Brian Idowu scored against Argentina. As for Paul onuachu, while his very tall the boy hasn’t proven to be a good header of the ball and we have the likes of iheanacho, ighalo as that top 9. Obafemi Martins is still balling in China I watch his YouTube highlights and the boy still has it. Anyway, I respect your opinion sha that’s what this forum is for agree or disagree but be respectful
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Bdot akpoguma has low/slim chances of making the German team in the future as for 2018 World Cup he has no chance at all. The guy has been asking to represent Nigeria in the last few years
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by 12large1: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wow onuachu seems really good with his head he looks like he would offer something different. However, I’m very skeptical about unknown players because I remember how they deceived the late keshi in 2014. The likes of uchebo, azeez, Reuben, nwafor had no place in that team based on merits
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2017
3-5-2

...................,,,Uzoho

.......Ekong........Balogun........Omeruo

Ebuehi....Ndidi.......Mikel......Onazi.....V Moses

...............Iheanacho ..........Iwobi
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2017
4-2-3-1

........................Uzoho

Ebuehi......Ekong.......Balogun .....Echiejile

............Ndidi.................Onazi

V Moses ...........Mikel Obi..........Iwobi

..........,..,.......Odion Ighalo...........
Re: List Your 23 Super Eagles Players For World Cup by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
Watching RFC vs FCM

Onuachu leading the line well

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Shares Cute Christmas Photo With His Family / Luis Suarez Buys A New House For Philippe Coutinho In Barcelona / Original Nike Air Trainer @35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.