Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Help me deal with flashers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help me deal with flashers (691 Views)

Cubana Chief Priest & Imo State Signs Partnership Deal With Infinix Mobile / TECNO Camon 15 Will Be D Real deal With Its 64MP Sony Camera - / Online Naira Is A Scam/thief !!!please Dont Deal With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help me deal with flashers by U1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
Please does anyone here have any idea on how to keep 'flashers' off your line? I mean when you aren't using a phone with call-blocking capability.

A little background info. Some odd persons have been dropping calls or 'flashing' my line. One (08147444928) did that continuously, practically every day, for about a month. I called on the third day and he started talking gibberish after initially responding in a 'normal' manner.

Another one (07010669291) soon took over when the first got tired a bit. This one flashes like every other day. As in the previous case, I called on the third occasion, hiding my number. He was telling me trash that I won some car promo or something.

MTN and Airtel have refused to do anything, saying it's beyond them. They directed me to tell the police. Seriously? Shouldn't this be as simple as barring their numbers? Yet, MTN has no code for blocking calls from specific numbers.

Can anyone help?
Re: Help me deal with flashers by banjicom(m): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2017
This should be so easy, maybe It time For you to start using a smartphone. I know Samsung has a feature that allows you block a number from calling you. Just long press the number and click on block.
Re: Help me deal with flashers by Franky826: 3:02am On Dec 08, 2017
Download true caller app has an option for blocking calls.

Or download the stock xiaomi dialer
It has that feature too
Re: Help me deal with flashers by MarkWayne89: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
Try switching carriers and see if other networks allow blocking calls.
Re: Help me deal with flashers by U1(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Thanks for the responses, friends.

@ banjicom, I have a smartphone on which I have installed Truecaller for this reason. I just don't like the intrusiveness of the app. cheesy I think it uploads your contacts to its server.

Does the Xiaomi dialer work on any Android phone, Franky826?

Markwayne89, I don't feel like abandoning the line for this singular reason. Thanks.
Re: Help me deal with flashers by Franky826: 9:31am On Dec 09, 2017
U1:
Thanks for the responses, friends.

@ banjicom, I have a smartphone on which I have installed Truecaller for this reason. I just don't like the intrusiveness of the app. cheesy I think it uploads your contacts to its server.

Does the Xiaomi dialer work on any Android phone, Franky826?

Markwayne89, I don't feel like abandoning the line for this singular reason. Thanks.

Lol. And who said Google stock dialer doesn't upload your contacts to it's servers? Oga Google na FBI on its own o.

As for the xiaomi stock dialer. There are ported versions available for download.

Check XDA forums
Re: Help me deal with flashers by U1(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2017
Franky826:

Lol. And who said Google stock dialer doesn't upload your contacts to it's servers? Oga Google na FBI on its own o.

As for the xiaomi stock dialer. There are ported versions available for download.

Check XDA forums

Of course, I'm aware that Google has access to so much information about people than majority of such persons are aware of. Users are being tracked without their knowledge.

My main reservation about Truecaller is that it makes that information available to just about anybody. That's not good for privacy. Ever wondered the source of the odd names that may pop up after calling a number not already on your contact list?

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Are ZTE & Huawei Phones? / What Apps Do You Use Mostly On Your Smartphone And Why? / Surprised? 5 Things We Should Be Expecting From Infinix Zero 6 This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.