Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) (36967 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
The Nigeria Customs Service has intercepted various contraband with a duty paid value (DPV) of One Billion, Five Hundred and Ninety Five Million, One Hundred and Forty One Thousand, One Hundred and Forty Four Naira, Eighty One Kobo (N1,595,141,144.81).

The seized items include: 64 assorted vehicles (mostly brand new), 13,333 bags of foreign parboiled rice (that’s like 22 trailers), 1,390 cartons of frozen poultry products, 835 jerrycans of vegetable oil, 15 parcels of Indian Hemp, 1,101 pieces of used tyres, 205 bales of used clothing among others.

Among the detained vehicles include 2 Lexus Jeep (Bullet Proof), 1 Toyota Land Cruiser (Bullet Proof), 9 Toyota Hilux, 8 Toyota Hiace Bus, 26 Toyota Corolla, 9 Land Cruiser Jeep, , 5 Toyota Camry, 1 Land Rover, 1 Nissan Sentra, 1 Pajero Jeep, all 2017 models and 1 Sienna 2015 model and 1 Lexus RX 350 among others . These 64 assorted Vehicles alone have a duty paid value of One Billion, Three Hundred and Two Million, Nine Hundred and Twenty Seven Thousand, One Hundred and Six Naira, Sixteen kobo (N1,302,927,106.16) only.

While 57 vehicles were evacuated based on intelligence along Omole Estate, Ojodu and Olayiwole Close Lekki Phase one, the remaining 7 were intercepted while on information patrol along Ijebu Ode expressway and Olorunda.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/64-assorted-vehicles-including-bullet-proof-jeeps-intercepted-customs-officials-photos.html

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
Make una share rice for december and oyeel.

Those rides, Lexus kiss

7 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by LessNoise: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Who buys expensive cars only for it to be abandoned....what exactly happens to the previous ones seized

6 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
I hope to have a customs babe, don't ask me why, go figure grin
@the poster above me, all those stuffs are kept in tthe warehouse for a determined period of time (depending on their perishability). Once that time elapses and no one comes up to claim it, the stuffs are auctioned at ridiculously low prices, while the minor stuffs are distributed among themselves (before they are destroyed -for the contraband stuffs sha).
Now you know why i want a customs babe grin

13 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by adecz: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin
I have never seen a more wicked govt
than this Buhari regime.

We are unable to produce enough food
to feed the population, but customs
seizes any food coming in.

We say we want to be a food exporting
country, but raise alarm when neighboring
countries come to load our farm produce
to take out.

The Agric minister is an incompetent
French graduate who confuses ignorant
people with fake statistics. His fake theories
including Ibe Kachikwu's nonsense policies
are responsible for the terrible hunger &
inflation that have become normal things
under this clueless regime.

They are again considering another increase
of NEPA & fuel prices.

This govt is full of deadwood Ministers who
have no idea of what to do.

Can anybody name any positives that
this govt has brought to their lives?

All they do is to chase moving shadows.

All the corrupt bigwigs of GEJ regime are
walking about freely & enjoying their loot.

All these cars & monies they claim they have been
confiscating, what became of them?

All the guns & arms smugglers, what
became of them.

The serial Fulani kidnappers they have
been apprehending are released
through the back door.

Issokay.... 2019!!

20 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by MrMoney007: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
ZOO.

They won't produce, they won't allow importation.

Funnily, after seizure, you will never hear of its end

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Aieboocaar(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
I am only concerned about when those bags of rice will hit the market mehn!!!! cool

SWEET CHRISTMAS FOR THE COMMON MAN!!!
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by HoneyBee23(f): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Na wa oo,this one na big loss oooo. cry cry cry

The importers right now

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by psalmhorah(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
pls where these goods going
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Milllz: 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
All year they have been seizing bulletproof cars.

I’m yet to understand the rationale behind this or what makes the cars liable to be seized. I hope they’re not just trampling on the work of honest hardworking people like in the days of OBJ just to announce a 1trn Naira revenue.

Unless these cars are stolen, anyone who imports these expensive vehicles clearly has enough funds to legally clear them.

6 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by fernandez1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
market busted!
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Ola514(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
there is no bullet proof jeep there,

they are all four wheels lexus and toyota
with some camry cars

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by richeeyo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sized by theifs distributed to federal criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Trustme2(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
Those things will be auctioned to themselves grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
MERRY XMAS TO NIGERIAN CUSTOMS AND THEIR FAMILY. BUT THEY SHOULD REMEMBER THAT WHATEVER THEY WILL SOW THEY WILL SURELY REAP

7 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin Xmas Money don load for awon Custom Bosses grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Respect55(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
[url][/url]
E be like say dem no gree settle oga dem. Anyhow sha, na dsame custom go still sell am out take arrange their families and slay babes.
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
Are those half bags of rice I'm seeing? undecided
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Jackipapa: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
Eh yah, you don spoil Xmas for pple ooooooo, but why nao!
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by olawamide042(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sometimes i wish i work in Custom
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
shocked

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by yhemster(m): 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
LessNoise:
Who buys expensive cars only for it to be abandoned....what exactly happens to the previous ones seized

Most of these seized new cars are orders of government parastatals. Someone is trying to pocket the custom fees. Once they carry the FG green tag, no one will ever ask for the custom papers.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by tessbadmos(m): 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
This is a welcome development, I wonder why some stupid minded citizens love evading tax and import duties.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
the same set of pple who engage in this criminal activities pay tithe and offering pass. Good for them. heart attack fall on dem

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Milllz:
All year they have been seizing bulletproof cars.

I’m yet to understand the rationale behind this or what makes the cars liable to be seized. I hope they’re not just trampling on the work of honest hardworking people like in the days of OBJ just to announce a 1trn Naira revenue.

Unless these cars are stolen, anyone who imports these expensive vehicles clearly has enough funds to legally clear them.

For Bullet proof vehicles you need an end-user certificate as it is seen as goods that can be readily converted to military use.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Lomprico2: 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Is it an offence to import bullet proof cars?

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by Milllz: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
BruncleZuma:

For Bullet proof vehicles you need an end-user certificate as it is seen as a goods that can be readily converted to military use.
With the number of bulletproof vehicles on our roads today and the ease with which money can purchase anything in this country, I’m sure the certificate won’t be hard to obtain. And I’m sure the owners of those cars are not poverty ridden.
Re: Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ajepako come see rice and plenty ororo o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Stabs His Roommate Dead In Philippines Because Of N29k (Graphic Pic / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 8-Month Pregnant Woman In Ekiti / Obituary: Burial Of Ope Bademosi Murdered By His Cook In Lagos Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.