Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India (26316 Views)

Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest / Nigerian Man Deported From Canada For Killing a Parrot / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Originalsly: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hmmm...... what did he expect after seeing how Indians treat Nigerians in Nigeria? What did he expect if his papers not in order? Guess he thought he can explain...gambling his wife and kids. Sorry for the innocent kids.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by onatisi(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
i dont know why many Nigerians who travel abroad don't seem to understand the fact that regularizing their papers is the first thing they should seek and do instead of hustling and looking for money.
many always take things for granted and think every country is like nigeria that you can get away with things easily

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by odedinigbin(m): 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Damoche10:

Helep you raise which money? U no get family wey u dey helep wey don make am? Abi, u dey do chop alone. Tell them to go to the Nigerian Embassy in India, simple!

O boy,u wicket pass devil oo
Hahaaaaa! No human feeling at all
God go deliver u
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by spartacus11(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
He travelled 2011, hmmmmm so condition critical dat time bah

Anyway how can we send our contribution to u, not happy ur wife and kids are stranded
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by noscarn91(m): 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
He should go to hell , is it by force to travel ? All there desperate people create problems for themselves and expect innocent people to help them clean up their mess as if, if there plan had worked they would have remembered us , nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Deo1986(m): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
That is why it is important to assisst one mature person in the family either your brother or cousin in case things go pearshape. before parceling your immediate young family abroad.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by beephresh(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
Marcofranz:
Didn't he save money in Nigeria for 6 good years he didn't save up to 2 million.

My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by blingxx(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
ifeoluwa122:
Why India those racist and scammers

Not to mention its the dirtiest country in the world and full of hypocritics
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Interesting one . . . .
You have no papers to live in a country YET you moved there with your entire family
While you have been there for year, i expected that you were either working on hustling, so what happened to what you have made?
I think WE need to learn to be responsible for our own actions - HE is an adult, married to another adult, i ONLY feel bad for their kids
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by smulti(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
onatisi:
i dont know why many Nigerians who travel abroad don't seem to understand the fact that regularizing their papers is the first thing they should seek and do instead of hustling and looking for money.
many always take things for granted and think every country is like nigeria that you can get away with things easily

Some countries that hate foreigners will intentionally reject your application for regularization even when you qualified for it,

therefore, the period you still await for its approval could be when the person fell into trouble and you're tagged illegal immigrants

our politician's don't care about fixing Nigeria to reduce the exodus of her citizens into countries we should have been better than

Constant electricity is one of them

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
See beautiful wife and cute kids. Oga mi, your wife may have remarried by now and you're here crying. grin

Next time if you want to travel, go in through the door and not by window.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by rhames(m): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
HeWrites:
THE Federal Government has been called upon to widen the scope of its repatriation project to cover not only Nigerians stranded in Libya but also those held in deportation camps in Asian countries such as India and Malaysia.

Speaking with South-East Voice in Abakaliki, a Nigerian who was recently deported from India for having issues with his travelling documents, Mr Chukwudi Onu explained that at least 150 Nigerians were languishing in deportation camp in India.

Narrating his ordeal, Mr Onu who is from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State lamented that his wife and three children are still stranded in India following his arrest and deportation in May this year.

“I have been living in India for the past six years, I travelled with my family in December 2011 and on May 15th, I was arrested by Indian Immigration Police over expired visa, from there to deportation camp where I spent over a month before I was deported to Nigeria.” Mr Onu said Indian government had become hostile to Nigerians recently, alleging that even those with valid passports were most times arrested and hauled into deportation camp, only to be released after their papers must have been verified.

He noted that so many Nigerians in the camp had been there for over one year without any hope of returning as they had not been able to raise money for their tickets.

“Yes there were over one thousand, five hundred Nigerians, because in my room, I think we were over 60 and they have over 21 rooms. There are places for Pakistanis and Afghanistans, I think I saw one Polish and an Australian, but the population of Nigerians is 20 to one of other nationals.” Mr Onu explained that his family had been kicked out of their apartment over unpaid bills and could not go to deportation camp because of the harsh treatment being meted out to Nigerians.

“My family is staying in an open church, even to raise money for their air tickets is an uphill task for me. I have been reaching out to the government and Nigerian High Commission in India. Right now, I am appealing to Ebonyi State Government because I am from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area and well-meaning Nigerians to help me rescue my family.”

The deportee said he was worried about the condition of his family as the weather in India presently is too cold, noting that he was paying $800 for their rent from Nigeria until he ran out of cash.

He stated that air ticket for his wife and three children from New Delhi to Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu, would cost a total of $4,000 but would prefer tickets. “Each ticket from New Delhi to Enugu is about N312,000 multiplied by four which is about N1.2 million but I have been able to raise about N200,000 by myself.

I am only appealing to the federal and Ebonyi State governments as well as well meaning Nigerians to assist. I don’t really need the cash, if tickets are bought from any travelling agency, I will send to them.

“I run a restaurant in New Delhi, CJ African Restaurant as well as Medical Tourism Management business to help those on medical trip with necessary logistics.”

Mr Onu, however, blamed himself for his travail pointing out that he failed to renew his papers because he travelled with a medical visa which required that he returns to Nigeria before applying for a permanent visa.

Below is also a mail he sent to media houses;
“My name is Onu James Chukwudi, from Ebonyi State. I was recently deported from India and my family are still stranded in India without any means of survival.
My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa.

I was deported without even my shoe laces; my family are have been kicked out of our house over unpaid bills and currently live like refugees and stay in an IDP Camp in New Delhi, India.

The amount for the air fare is N1.3 million which also include the accumulated charges which is charged on a person whose visa has expired on a daily basis by the Indian government.

I appeal to you to use your platform to appeal to well-meaning Nigerians to help me raise money for their air ticket back home.
These are my details in case anyone wants to help out:
Phone: Check below link
Email: Check below link ”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-deported-from-india-cries-out-for.html

Let us put the Indian Ambassador under the same treatment and see how he feels for ten hours?
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Yameater(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
beephresh:

My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa

Day what?
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Marcofranz(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
beephresh:

They froze the Nigerian accounts too?
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by RaeMystix: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
If I hear that Buhari did have a hand in releasing those money laundering folks eh?...Mcteww.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by onatisi(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
Deo1986:
That is why it is important to assisst one mature person in the family either your brother or cousin in case things go pearshape. before parceling your immediate young family abroad.
that was his mistake , many people wont have settled down and yet they will be moving their family to come and stay with them . he left in 2011, he hadn't regularize his papers , the next thing he did was to move his wife and kids to india.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by onatisi(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
smulti:

Some countries that hate foreigners will intentionally reject your application for regularization even when you qualified for it,

therefore, the period you still await for its approval could be when the person fell into trouble and you're tagged illegal immigrants

our politician's don't care about fixing Nigeria to reduce the exodus of her citizens into countries we should have been better than

Constant electricity is one of them
the problem here isnt about nigeria, ppl have been migrating from one place to the other since the creation of man
the issue here is that majority of Nigerians always feel that they came escape the law in other countries just like they do in Nigeria , he had a visa and the visa had a duration, once he knew he was going to stay in India the next thing he should have done is to find a means of making his stay legal , that will even give him better opportunities .

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by sweetTai(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
Why do Nigerians do these stupid things, especially the Igbos. You uprooted your entire family to an hostile country without verifying if the conditions are friendly or not. I don’t feel sorry for this guy at all but the kids? My heart ache. You want to show off, you want greener pastures, this is what happens in most cases. India of all places, those stupid A-holes! Even Nigerians that are here in America or UK, Canada etc know how hostile these countries can be to Nigerians even with all their laws and constutitions Not to talk of Countries like India, Malaysia etc. who has no protective constitution or laws against foreigners. This is a warning for all others from eastern part of Nigeria, go to Asia at your own Peril.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by okadoo: 2:04am On Dec 11, 2017
HeWrites:
THE Federal Government has been called upon to widen the scope of its repatriation project to cover not only Nigerians stranded in Libya but also those held in deportation camps in Asian countries such as India and Malaysia.

Speaking with South-East Voice in Abakaliki, a Nigerian who was recently deported from India for having issues with his travelling documents, Mr Chukwudi Onu explained that at least 150 Nigerians were languishing in deportation camp in India.

Narrating his ordeal, Mr Onu who is from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State lamented that his wife and three children are still stranded in India following his arrest and deportation in May this year.

“I have been living in India for the past six years, I travelled with my family in December 2011 and on May 15th, I was arrested by Indian Immigration Police over expired visa, from there to deportation camp where I spent over a month before I was deported to Nigeria.” Mr Onu said Indian government had become hostile to Nigerians recently, alleging that even those with valid passports were most times arrested and hauled into deportation camp, only to be released after their papers must have been verified.

He noted that so many Nigerians in the camp had been there for over one year without any hope of returning as they had not been able to raise money for their tickets.

“Yes there were over one thousand, five hundred Nigerians, because in my room, I think we were over 60 and they have over 21 rooms. There are places for Pakistanis and Afghanistans, I think I saw one Polish and an Australian, but the population of Nigerians is 20 to one of other nationals.” Mr Onu explained that his family had been kicked out of their apartment over unpaid bills and could not go to deportation camp because of the harsh treatment being meted out to Nigerians.

“My family is staying in an open church, even to raise money for their air tickets is an uphill task for me. I have been reaching out to the government and Nigerian High Commission in India. Right now, I am appealing to Ebonyi State Government because I am from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area and well-meaning Nigerians to help me rescue my family.”

The deportee said he was worried about the condition of his family as the weather in India presently is too cold, noting that he was paying $800 for their rent from Nigeria until he ran out of cash.

He stated that air ticket for his wife and three children from New Delhi to Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu, would cost a total of $4,000 but would prefer tickets. “Each ticket from New Delhi to Enugu is about N312,000 multiplied by four which is about N1.2 million but I have been able to raise about N200,000 by myself.

I am only appealing to the federal and Ebonyi State governments as well as well meaning Nigerians to assist. I don’t really need the cash, if tickets are bought from any travelling agency, I will send to them.

“I run a restaurant in New Delhi, CJ African Restaurant as well as Medical Tourism Management business to help those on medical trip with necessary logistics.”

Mr Onu, however, blamed himself for his travail pointing out that he failed to renew his papers because he travelled with a medical visa which required that he returns to Nigeria before applying for a permanent visa.

Below is also a mail he sent to media houses;
“My name is Onu James Chukwudi, from Ebonyi State. I was recently deported from India and my family are still stranded in India without any means of survival.
My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa.

I was deported without even my shoe laces; my family are have been kicked out of our house over unpaid bills and currently live like refugees and stay in an IDP Camp in New Delhi, India.

The amount for the air fare is N1.3 million which also include the accumulated charges which is charged on a person whose visa has expired on a daily basis by the Indian government.

I appeal to you to use your platform to appeal to well-meaning Nigerians to help me raise money for their air ticket back home.
These are my details in case anyone wants to help out:
Phone: Check below link
Email: Check below link ”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-deported-from-india-cries-out-for.html

He should talk to Nnamdi Kanu hopefully he would proffer solution to his problem. Apoda jati jati
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Owerri1stSon: 6:56am On Dec 11, 2017
is India a name of a country?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures From Gombe / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Arrests Taxify Driver, Henry Chukwuemeka, To Meet In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.