Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) (46013 Views)

Man Stabs His Friend To Death Over Phone In Yobe (Photo) / Delta Lockdown: Soldier Shoots Man Dead In Warri - Mr Jollof (Graphic Photos) / Soldier Shoots SS1 Student In Jos For Refusing Sexual Advances (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by dre11(m): 11:47am On Dec 10, 2017

In what came as a surprise, a soldier identified as Samaila Gabriel, recently shot himself dead in Yobe state.

The deceased with service number 09NA/63/2867 was said to have taken his life out of frustration.

One of Gabriel’s colleagues told TheCable that he got frustrated as a result of the refusal of the authorities to transfer him out of the north-east since he was posted there three years ago.

Some of the soldiers on the battlefront have not been allowed to visit their loved ones in years, while many have been killed by insurgents.

Gabriel’s corpse has reportedly been deposited at the Sani Abacha hospital in Damaturu, the state capital.

The army is yet to make a statement on the issue but TheCable understands that investigation is ongoing.

Sani Usman, spokesman of the army, did not respond to a text message which TheCable sent to his telephone line on Saturday evening.

The tragic incident comes less than a month after a staff sergeant identified as Silas Ninyo killed one K. Mani, his superior, and injured four people in the Chibok local government area of Borno state.

Ninyo took his own life after wreaking the havoc.
Mani was reportedly killed in the process of disarming the sergeant who was said to be drunk.

A source had told TheCable that a team of soldiers led by Mani, who was providing security for worshippers during Sunday service, received a distress call that Ninyo was beating civilians for unknown reasons.

Mani had led his men to the scene but lost his life.

“Captain Mani, accompanied by soldiers, moved to the scene to free the civilian but while trying to disarm the errant soldier, Captain Mani was shot dead by Staff Sergeant Ninyo, who later killed himself,” the source had said.

https://www.thecable.ng/frustrated-soldier-shoots-dead-yobe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Buhari sef embarassed

Yesterday, citizen committed suicide along airport road Ikeja.

Today, another citizen kills self due to frustration shocked

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Battle Fatigue Trauma at work ..it is wrong to keep soldiers in battle tour of duty for more than eight months at a stretch because those men will become permanently and emotionally damaged for life ..sad

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by BankeSmalls(f): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2017
More suicides and bad news with this buharri administration, sad.

43 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Dovehorizon: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2017
Truth of the matter is, our system needs total restructuring.
Oil sector, aviation, politics, banking sector etc.
How will you keep a married man out for more than three Years without giving privilege to visit his family. Cases like this brings trauma and psychological effect that could have an adverse effect and Mani's case is just one out of many.
On a weekend, a bank with 4 ATM stands will have just one dispensing cash thereby leading to several queues and spending a handsome amount of time waiting in line to Withdraw, this is also one out of many.
Our leaders gat nothing to offer anymore other than enriching themselves and making a political position to be a birth right...
We need a Messiah...

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by creatorsverse(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2017
When post traumatic stress disorder PTSD kicks in..... send dem home and bring our dear SARS to join d fight

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 11:56am On Dec 10, 2017
I find thiw story very hard to believe

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by IamPatriotic(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
It reminds me of how American soldiers committed suicide in Afghanistan back in the years, RIP .

10 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by naptu2: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Is that Dutch?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nutase: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
NA should pity this people and move them to less volatile places after a year.

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by princechurchill(m): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Where is the rotation policy to avoid psychological breakdown

17 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
naptu2:

Is that Dutch?
Lmao! You ehn cheesy cheesy
Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
stop with my mentions...not interested in whatever you are peddling. thanks.

Ishilove:

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
and ishilove kindly unfollow my moniker... #haveselfrespect

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
angels09:
stop with my mentions...not interested in whatever you are peddling. thanks.

Go for counseling. You urgently need it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Go for counseling. You urgently need it
QUIT MY MENTIONS! PRETEND TO BE HAPPILY MARRIED AT LEAST! YOU NEED THAT COUNSELING ASAP!

8 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by ufuosman(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Why not just quit, forget the army work and go and see ur family. Sad news

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
angels09:
and ishilove kindly unfollow my moniker... #haveselfrespect
Your village people have started testing the mic on your head again abi? I wasn't joking when I told you to go for mental evaluation before you run butt _naked into Sango Ota main market

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
angels09:

QUIT MY MENTIONS! PRETEND TO BE HAPPILY MARRIED AT LEAST! YOU NEED THAT COUNSELING ASAP!
I'm not the one with one million usernames, planting seeds of discord on every thread I enter, now you have followed me here to continue your rubbish.

See, young man, I don't care that you are mad. I will flog the madness out of you. Omo ale jatijati. Oloriburuku. Born troway. Unfortunate fellow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ishilove:

MY village people have started testing the mic on MY head again abi? I'm not joking when I HAVE to go for mental evaluation before I run butt _naked into Sango Ota main market

OH NO...NOT AGAIN..LEFULEFU PLEASE COME AND CARRY THIS "MARRIED" WOMAN OUTTA HERE.... HABA!!

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ishilove:

I'm not the one with one million usernames, planting seeds of discord on every thread I enter, now you have followed me here to continue your rubbish. See, I don't care that you are mad. I will flog the madness out of you. Omo ale jatijati

SANE INDEED. JUST QUIT MY MENTIONS. THANKS.

#IGNOREMODEON

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Oyindidi(f): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
ufuosman:
Why not just quit, forget the army work and go and see ur family. Sad news
Exactly, why take your life when he can walk away. My friend's younger brother ran back home when he couldn't bear it anymore.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Oyindidi(f): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ishilove:

I'm not the one with one million usernames, planting seeds of discord on every thread I enter, now you have followed me here to continue your rubbish.

See, young man, I don't care that you are mad. I will flog the madness out of you. Omo ale jatijati. Oloriburuku. Born troway. Unfortunate fellow.
Someone is crushing on you seriouslygrin

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Ishilove: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
angels09:

SANE INDEED. JUST QUIT MY MENTIONS. THANKS.

#IGNOREMODEON
Angels09n alias Ngcobop, alias Smartchoicengr, alias praxisnetwork, alias iLickAnalFungus, alias smellingmenses, alias searching4love, alias menstrualpad, alias Other Monikers Too Numerous To Remember, allow your family commit you to a psychiatric home. It's for your own good.

Oloriburuku omo ale. You unfortunate being.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
YOU SEEM UNCOMPREHENDING.... TELL LOVETH YOUR PARTNER I AM NOT BUYING WHAT Y'ALL ARE SELLING.

CRUSH KO BLOW NI...OLOBO ERAN

Oyindidi:
Someone is crushing on you seriouslygrin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

alhaji gay the bounty and booty hunter ***updated*** / Man & His Girlfriend Who Dupe Sellers With Fake Bank Alerts Arrested By Police / AAU Student Impregnated By A Pastor Dies During Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.