Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

I Have No Court Case Against EFCC Composition - Maina - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have No Court Case Against EFCC Composition - Maina (322 Views)

Youths Protest Against EFCC In Warri (Video & Photos) / Suspected Yahoo Boys Protest In Osogbo, Osun Against EFCC Harassment / Osogbo Boys Protest Against 'EFCC's Harassment' (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Court Case Against EFCC Composition - Maina by JamesOkwy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
The former Chairman of the defunct Pension Reform Taskforce Team, PRTT, Dr Abdulrasheed Maina has debunked the publication on a section of the media, which claimed that he is in court with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over it's composition.

The publication claimed that the former PRTT boss is asking the court to disband the anti-graft Agency. "This is mix-up because I am aware that Honestly Ngozika Ihuoma of the Legislative watch had sued the Government and EFCC over the Constitutionality of the existence of the present EFCC

In a statement signed by his spokesman, Mohammad Sabo, Maina maintained that, he is not the person in court challenging the composition of the EFCC nor calling for its disbandment.

He said, the existence of the EFCC is to rid Nigeria of corruption, stressing that himself, as an anti-corruption crusader who has recovered over N2.9tr for the Federal Government, would rather continue to work for a strengthened, credible and result oriented EFCC devoid of Corrupt tendencies, political persecution and whitch-hunt.

Maina insisted that, he did not brief any lawyer to institute a legal suit against the existence of the EFCC, saying that "Only those whose hands are stained with palm oil are scared of the establishment of a credible EFCC, and I am not one of them"

He added that, if assured of a tightened security protection by the government, he is ready and willing to any credible panel of enquiry to spill the beans.

He maintained that if given the opportunity, N3tr Naira shall be recovered in 9 months in addition to the N2.9tr recovered earlier through his painstaking efforts.

He urged the general public to disregard the report, describing it as a mix-up which in his word is definitely not aimed at blindfolding the people from seeing the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Police Says Kidnappers Abduct 4, Kill 1 In Niger / #savebenue / Reps Demand Names Of Nigerians Unlawfully Detained By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.