Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? (1888 Views)

Never Yield / Never Yield / Never Yield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Fchristo(m): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2017
chemystery:
Christians, without sentiment or fear of going to hell, let's look at god's actions as recorded in the bible, and how they yielded a positive result at the end.

Action:
God destroyed the entire world with flood to usher in a sinless generation

Result:
The world still got populated with even more sinners as compared to the time of Noah.

Action:
God instructed the killing of idol worshippers so that he will be the only god worshipped by humanity

Result:
Over 4,000 gods are worshipped by humanity today

Action:
God sent his son to pay the price for the sins of the world

Result:
Those who don't believe, or those not born into the religion that believe will have to pay for their own sins in hell

Why does god take actions if such actions will not yield a positive result at the end?
Sometimes these actions involve killing of innocent babies as well as ripping open pregnant women and killing unborn babies. This is more reason god should have ensure all his actions yields something positive, otherwise, all the killings were just done in vain.

No action of God Almighty that yield negative result. All things work for good to them that love him in truth and in Spirit,expect your ways are not right with God.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by EmperorHarry: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:

God - this is a subjective and relative word.

Can there really be a "god" outside "religion"?

It's like saying, can there be Christianity and Islam without jesus and Muhammad respectively?

I doubt tho. Maybe that's why "god" has to be defined clearly.

God

What is god?
Who is god?

These two questions are very important

Hmm
Uhmmm god exists outside religion, I'm not sure if the whole god theory was created by religion (which i doubt) but then the belief in God exists outside religion,this is the in-between... Religion and Science are the main categories that we all know about that either supports or debunks the God theory...But then there's the in-between,the agnostics,the deists,the pandeist etc... The in-between is why i asked those questions in the first place cos it's not everybody that is an atheist,some are the in-between but don't know...
God could be anything ya know...Broaden your perspective of the term God and it's at that point you stop using religion to understand it...Most atheists or people who claim to atheist are not really atheists,they are just people who disapprove of religion and indirectly disapprove of the God theory,so when arguments come from the religious people,they tend to act as atheists cos of the disdain they have towards religion and it's insane theories,you may just be one of them...But deep down there's this constant feeling that there might just be a chance that a god exists,not the religious type of god who is partial,destructive,makes mistakes,gets tired and rests[seventh day of creation],condemns his creation to eternal damnation [which they didn't sign up for]etc...this theories may somehow affect the way you see God,so once your able to think outside religions box, you can now start to understand what I'm trying to say
If you feel different, you can also show me your perspective...
That's the essence of this anyways smiley
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by EmperorHarry: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

Yeah, there could be a chance but the theories are too ridiculous. I mean, something must have caused the begining of this life. The theories sound like what men just put together (according to their taste) and it's annoying.
Same... This means your not an atheist then, exactly what i just wanted to find out...
But what do you think of science theory of the beginning? And also do you think there's an afterlife?
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Same... This means your not an atheist then, exactly what i just wanted to find out...
But what do you think of science theory of the beginning? And also do you think there's an afterlife?
About the science theory of the begining, I think it's possible. As for afterlife I don't think so.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by dalaman: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

About the science theory of the begining, I think it's possible. As for afterlife I don't think so.

"What is the point of living, if there IS an afterlife?". Like, if the afterlife is so much better (supposedly), then why live? The reason I don't believe in an afterlife is the reason I live now."(apart from the total lack of evidence to support it).
- Nejo Goldsmith

-

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2017
dalaman:

"What is the point of living, if there IS an afterlife?". Like, if the afterlife is so much better (supposedly), then why live? The reason I don't believe in an afterlife is the reason I live now."(apart from the total lack of evidence to support it).
- Nejo Goldsmith

-
Exactly!
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

Lol. Na you build am abi?
Yes naw

I was the contractor Satan employed to build the estate

LoL
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 10:14am On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Uhmmm god exists outside religion, I'm not sure if the whole god theory was created by religion (which i doubt) but then the belief in God exists outside religion,this is the in-between... Religion and Science are the main categories that we all know about that either supports or debunks the God theory...But then there's the in-between,the agnostics,the deists,the pandeist etc... The in-between is why i asked those questions in the first place cos it's not everybody that is an atheist,some are the in-between but don't know...
God could be anything ya know...
I don't even know how to respond to ya.

@bold, despite ya epistle above, you still resorted to my start point - god is relative.
Broaden your perspective of the term God and it's at that point you stop using religion to understand it...
Oh god

Some people's ability to read ain't accompanied with their ability to comprehend.

I've addressed and asked you this question above. Here you are saying I should broaden my knowledge.

Gosh

Most atheists or people who claim to atheist are not really atheists,they are just people who disapprove of religion and indirectly disapprove of the God theory,so when arguments come from the religious people,they tend to act as atheists cos of the disdain they have towards religion and it's insane theories,you may just be one of them...

@bold - sh!t

Gosh. You don't worth my time jàre.
But deep down there's this constant feeling that there might just be a chance that a god exists,not the religious type of god who is partial,destructive,makes mistakes,gets tired and rests[seventh day of creation],condemns his creation to eternal damnation [which they didn't sign up for]etc...

I believe you're speaking for yourself and not me?
this theories may somehow affect the way you see God,so once your able to think outside religions box, you can now start to understand what I'm trying to say

Thank you Mr think outside the box.

If you feel different, you can also show me your perspective...
That's the essence of this anyways smiley
No need. Going by ya Dutch epistle above, You don't worth my time jàre.

Have a nice day
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by EmperorHarry: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

Same and even tho i may not believe in a life after this,i can't help but hope there is one..Not the forever kinda afterlife but one that comes with it's benefits, and also not the heaven and hell theory either... Don't wanna disturb this thread with my unrelated discussion...Thanks for your time wink
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

Your head correct jàre.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:
Same and even tho i may not believe in a life after this,i can't help but hope there is one..Not the forever kinda afterlife but one that comes with it's benefits, and also not the heaven and hell theory either... Don't wanna disturb this thread with my unrelated discussion...Thanks for your time wink

You're welcome!
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:
Yes naw
LoL
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:
Yes naw
LoL
Ah! I smell eeeeviiil...lol
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:
Your head correct jàre.
No be small o.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:
Ah! I smell eeeeviiil...lol
LoL
And you're my co-associate in the task
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:

LoL

And you're my co-associate in the task
No way! Please people don't believe him o. I can't even carry a bucket of sand or draw a house.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Beckino:

No way! Please people don't believe him o. I can't even carry a bucket of sand or draw a house.
LoL

This lady yaff killed me oo

And you think people reading would believe you despite the fact that you are an atheist?

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:

LoL

This lady yaff killed me oo

And you think people reading would believe you despite the fact that you are an atheist?
Yes!
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by sukerefakere(m): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
chemystery:

If I understand you very well, you mean god already planned what will happen before creating the world?
You mean he already planned to make Satan tempt Adam and eve?
You mean he already planned to drown his own creation sin he already planned?
You mean god already planned the 1st and 2nd world war?
You mean god already planned the 4000 gods worshipped by humanity?
You mean god already planned to burn those who worshipped the 4000 gods in his plan?
You mean god already planned for those that will burn in hell for eternity?
You mean a loving god sat down and drafted all these evil plans for humanity?

If god already have a plan, doesn't that make your prayers useless? Since if your prayer request isn't in the plan, such prayer is redundant and won't be answered. And if your request is already in the plan, such prayer is futile because such request will be granted whether you pray or not.

Go and read your bible again. God destroyed the world because he found the man sinful. What outcome then does god expect at then end of the flood? A sinful generation too? If so then he only did the flood just for the fun.

He had already mentioned that he is a jealous god, and no other god should be worshipped except him. Therefore instructing the killing of those worshipping other gods imply what? That he wants to be the only one worshipped! Common sense bro.

There are over 7billion people here in the world with over 4000 gods. Tell me now, how many of the 4000 gods do you know? OK, you get it. Next time don't assume everyone have heard about your imaginary Jesus. Meanwhile, that is not the point. The point is: if Jesus have paid for their sins, why do they have to pay for it again in hell?

OK, but he regretted creating man (Gen.6:6). Why? Because he didn't know they will disappoint him. This also answers the first point above because a god who had planned before creating the earth would know no regret. Or did he also plan his own regret?
Two bottles of agbo Jedi for you...

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Gggg102(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
hisgrace090:
God gives man freedom to decide what to do, but advice him to do good for his own good

Det,30:19

He is a truthful God because he that some will default and promise to punish them accordingly.

Despite the huge fight against crime in the world today, crime continues. But that will not permit one to say that world effort in crime fighting is yielding negative result.

There are two doors
Door a and door b
You are free to open any door

If you open door a you will get a car
If you open door b you will be shot

Are you really free?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Gggg102(m): 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Zither:

Oga, whatever God does has already been planned even before He created the world. Since you don't know the past or the future of the world it is ignorance that makes you question His ways.

In 2 Timothy 1:9, the Apostle Paul wrote, "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began"

In Jeremiah 1:5, God told the prophet, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet unto the nations."

If God already knew everyone of us before we were conceived, and even before time began, then you should know that His actions have greater purpose and impact than what your imagination can understand.

Besides, the Bible did not say God destroyed the world to usher in a sinless generation... Really? Even after the death of Jesus Christ the world is still not sinless let alone the time before He came which is thousands of years in distance.

God instructed the killing of Idol worshippers so that He would be the only God worshipped today.... Again, really?
Do you know that putting anything before God is idolatry? You don't necessarily have to carve an image and bow to it to term it idolatry. Why didn't God kill such people? gods carved with wood or stone or myth does not change the fact that there is no god besides God.

Maybe you have pretended to be ignorant on the fact that there are many converts to different religions everyday: Muslims to Christians, Christians to Muslims, Christians to Judaism, Buddhists to Muslims or Christians...and the list goes on. Everyone has heard about Jesus the Son of God whether you were born into Christianity or not.....speaking about our computer age time. It is up to you to accept Him or reject Him - your choice but you can never claim ignorance of Him.

God never fails because He is the One who wields success and failure.... He sees and knows what you can never see or know

You did not shoot yourself in the foot

You shot yourself in the head
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by hisgrace090: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2017
Gggg102:

There are two doors
Door a and door b
You are free to open any door

If you open door a you will get a car
If you open door b you will be shot

Are you really free?

Yes because you have choices, and you know the better choice that will interest you, go ahead and choose it.

Free people have choice to choose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Warri Billionaire Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Spent Over N100m To Mark Birthday / Your Final Destiny Is Determined By This Biblical Passage / Can Demons Possess A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.