Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916362 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by battoyyeb(m): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
Noblegod:

Please house ,hope it not scam and is there withness in the house that has benefited from this so far,kindly signify ?

He is just trying to help.
Actually he did the TOEFL registration for me free of charge without collecting anything.

He just want to help 10 more people with the registration that is why he wants to do it for 50%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jaybiz007(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:

For your GPA level, check out Troy University, Miami University and Bowling Green State University all in Ohio.
Troy University is in Alabama while Miami University is in...yes! You're right, Florida.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
lincoffm:
Following the recent demand of toefl and GRE here. I wasn't aware there are lot of people wanting to write those examination. The demand is very high with massive mssgs in my inbox. This is what I can do. I can render assistant by given 10 PEOPLE 50% discount off the amount of toefl I think with that things should work out better! Contact my signature if interested !

God bless!

Interested sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mizznkem: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
Miami University is in Oxford Ohio. University of Miami is in Florida.

jaybiz007:

Troy University is in Alabama while Miami University is in...yes! You're right, Florida.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by stainless91(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
lincoffm:
Following the recent demand of toefl and GRE here. I wasn't aware there are lot of people wanting to write those examination. The demand is very high with massive mssgs in my inbox. This is what I can do. I can render assistant by given 10 PEOPLE 50% discount off the amount of toefl I think with that things should work out better! Contact my signature if interested !

God bless!
interested.pm sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
folmus:

Why the change of name on her important travelling document? What names did you fill out on Ds 160? If you can do affidavit, go with it.
Please reply your mail Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samie1das: 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
Do it for free for two people then get 100 people to pay money and then run away? Everyone had better shine their eyes properly. This is a faceless forum and you must be very very careful with giveaways that have no basis.

battoyyeb:

He is just trying to help.
Actually he did the TOEFL registration for me free of charge without collecting anything.

He just want to help 10 more people with the registration that is why he wants to do it for 50%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
lincoffm:

God bless!
I can smell okporoko issorite!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
You need not castigate him, just the same way u were talking about others who were against your B.Y mafit stuff, if hes willing to help and the two pple he helped has confirmed it , let him be, tho its advisable to watch out .

Samie1das:
Do it for free for two people then get 100 people to pay money and then run away? Everyone had better shine their eyes properly. This is a faceless forum and you must be very very careful with giveaways that have no basis.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
Samie1das:

Sad ...... we gotten to a society where we cannot differentiate between a good intention and a bad intention

Although not to your fault or lincoffm but mainly because the bad eggs spoil the good work of other

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tyup(m): 12:19am On Mar 13, 2018
please I do wana study abroad to please dont ignore me abeg any information to help a brother will be received with a grateful heart. embarassed

Jaybiz007
Lagosismyhome
Twoods
bigfrancis21
shaddy1k
time2smile
Lincoffm
ekie
virtuoso89
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phattynykun: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2018
I have my Gre already ,I will be so glad if you can help me with the Toefl. Thanks in advance .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2018
jaybiz007:

My bad. Troy is in Alabama however Miami University is actually in Ohio, not Florida.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Josh4wod: 1:29am On Mar 13, 2018
lincoffm:
BELIEVE!! ... 50% of GRE, TOEFL AND S.A.T still avail! I'm trying to help 10 PEOPLE Nothing more... And it's give back time!! ... Kindly Contact my signature Please because I can't respond to nairaland direct mail. My inbox is filled

Regards,
Hello
Please reply your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shayhune: 1:55am On Mar 13, 2018
smltemitope89:
Please is there anyone here who is presently studying at Bowling Green State University or knows someone i can contact there who is a student. Your response is Will be highly appreciated. Thanks

What do you want to know? Please don't send me a pm, I may not be able to respond in time. Kindly ask your questions here and I'll respond adequately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 2:07am On Mar 13, 2018
A big shout out to this kind hearted man @lincoffm. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 2:50am On Mar 13, 2018
Get the official TOEFL guide from ETS and also look up norefull videos on youtube.

Amahjosh:
Please gurus in the house i want to ask few questions am new here..I want to prepare for my GRE exams where will i get Current materials to get started or is there any Center that gives lectures and materials and also help in registration of the exam.

Also i want to know am already preparing to write PTE exam do you advice me to dump PTE for TOEFL. Do US schools accept and Embassy accept PTE or they just accept only TOEFL. And if TOEFL is the answer where i can i get materials or centers who prepare students for the exam and register students for the exam. Thanks...please i need your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 3:20am On Mar 13, 2018
Please those who have traveled to usa through qater airways....
Was accommodation provided during the 9hr+ night layover at doha
Or do we have to book accommodation ourselves
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 3:33am On Mar 13, 2018
lincoffm:
BELIEVE!! ... 50% of GRE, TOEFL AND S.A.T still avail! I'm trying to help 10 PEOPLE Nothing more... And it's give back time!! ... Kindly Contact my signature Please because I can't respond to nairaland direct mail. My inbox is filled

Regards,

I am interested bro...how do I go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 3:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Please house, who studies at washington state university here??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 4:09am On Mar 13, 2018
beezyblaze:
Please those who have traveled to usa through qater airways....
Was accommodation provided during the 9hr+ night layover at doha
Or do we have to book accommodation ourselves
No provision for accommodation. You better be prepared for the long lay over lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Samie1das:
I've been following this thread for a while and I went for my visa interview today. Was successful. Here is the interview transcript.

Me: Good morning sir
V.O: Blank face. Why are you travelling to the USA?
Me: To further my education. I'm applying for a masters program in BioMathematics at University of California.
V.O: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes I did. (Mentioned the name of some other schools)
V.O: Why did you now decide to go with University of California?
Me: It has the area I needed and is consistent with my career choice.
V.O Does it mean that the other schools are not good enough for what you want to study?
Me: I feel University of California was the best choice for me because of the depth of their courses and the long standing experience they have. I discovered this in my interaction with the professors.
V.O: Who is sponsoring your education?
Me: I got funding from the school and my parents will also support me. (Brought out my financial statement)
V.O: Which standardized tests did you write?
Me: GRE and TOEFL. Brought out my test scores and showed him
V.O: Are you sure these are yours? 229 on the GRE (Kept his gaze on me).
Me: Yes I attended lectures at one of the best centres in Nigeria and I did a lot of personal practice
V.O: kept typing. Do you have travel experience?
Me: I have never had cause to travel out of the country. I'm travelling now just because my education requires it
V.O: How am I sure you would come back
Me: Smile. My future plans revolve around what I would do here. My course is alien in Nigeria and I believe there is more difference to make here.
V.O: kept on typing. Handed a white paper to me and told me where to pick up my passport.

I'm very grateful to every one who has encouraged and shared their experience here. This would not have been possible without you guys. Also thanks goes to B.Y Mafit for the free lectures and how much they contributed to my GRE scores. That really made a difference cos that was what caught the interest of the V.O and it was at that point I knew I don hammer.

May Visa Fall on everyone who requires it!

Congrats...first time I see the "tie to country" question asked so directly, sure it was the deal maker/breaker.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 13, 2018
Hi, please I finished my NYSC last year Dec and currently help my bro who is partly my sponsor in his business, now what do I fill in as my occupation in the DS 160.
In the previous one I indicated undergoing my 1year compulsory NYSC.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheNobelPrize(m): 8:00am On Mar 13, 2018
lincoffm:

Regards,

Please brother I am highly interested.I really want to sit for the general GRE. Thank you very much,and God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by joystick007: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2018
joystick007:
Good morning everyone,

I just got accepted for a masters program in Yeshiva University, New York. I was also offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship (which is small though).

However, I wasn't asked to pay application fee during the whole admission process, although the fee is $50, I was told my application can be attended to and I'll pay later. Okay, so I got admitted now and the school is saying I'll pay a down payment of $500 before March ending to confirm my admission.

I have no problem with that.

Here's my concern now...... Please, does been offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship gives my visa application an edge with the VO, no matter how little it is?

I'm also currently waiting on the admission decision of Maryland University (my first choice but very competitive). I really don't know how long it'll take. Should i really wait on them first or should I pay the $500 down payment for yeshiva?

Please, forgive my long post and questions. I'd appreciate responses to them.

HI guys, as par my Maryland admission, I got this response from the program director. Should I be getting excited?

Cc Bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2018
joystick007:

HI guys, as par my Maryland admission, I got this response from the program director. Should I be getting excited?

Cc Bigfrancis21

Congratulations, you have been given admission. However, being a professional master's program the department does not offer funding nor graduate assistantship. You gotta make sure you can afford the tuition and fees for the program.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HomeTutor1(f): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations, you have been given admission. However, being a professional master's program the department does not offer funding nor graduate assistantship. You gotta make sure you can afford the tuition and fees for the program.
Hello sir, Please kindly help a confused fellow. I am about applying for my MSC in US. I am a graduate of Physics Education but without GRE and TOEFL, Is there any school that can admit me for M.Ed in Science Education or MSC in Physics for 2018 fall? God just brought a sponsor to assist with my schooling abroad. Thanks a lot for your assistance sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by joystick007: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

**Oya, off to Abe Igi Anu make I go drink paraga for Ìyá kazeem side to celebrate first**

Yeah, I'm very aware of the funding part and I'm prepared. Nah Visa level remain now and I'm not the most optimistic as GRE wasn't required at all for admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Babsfad: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2018
Babsfad:
Visa delayed today
I feel so bad right now but I am willing to hear constructive criticism but the lady in window 1 was just denying
I remembered being sad on this day because I was denied, but the God that I serve had turned my sorrow to joy today

Visa Approved

Transcript

Me. Hello Good morning.

V.O. Good morning pass me your passport and I20

Me. There You go

V.O Why are you going to the USA

Me. I am going to pursue my masters in CIS at CALUMS VA.

V.O. Why this school?

Me. The school has a well structured curriculum that fits perfectly with my career goals and also I contacted Prof Williams Kimberly who is presently conducting a research in cloud security,as a database administrator i have always been interested in Big data on the cloud and He was really glad to have me join His research team.

V.O cuts in.. Okay

V.O. What is your highest level of education

Me. I have my bachelor's.

V.O. What year?

Me. 2013

V.O Tell me about the courses you will be studying in your first semester

Me. I will be studying courses like Introduction to Computer information system, Organizational transformation Database Modelling and Admin, Network planning and strategizing, Introduction to Management information System.

V.O Okay.

V.O Do you have any family over there?

Me. No

V.O Did your father school there?

Me. No

V.O Who is paying?

Me. My Dad

V.o. What does he do?

Me. He is a real estate developer

V.O. Types for a long time and then the magic words your visa has been approved pick it up at this location she circles it.

I was so excited I forgot my I20 with her she had to send someone to give it to me.

What can I say It had been God all through. Don't just give up because of a setback, There is always a plan by God.. I almost gave up after that first interview but for my family and friends that kept pushing me to try harder.

Thank you Guys see you on the other side.

Me. Good morning

Vo. Good morning, pass me your passport and I 20

Vo. Why this school.

Me. The school has a well structured curriculum that is practical oriented which fits perfectly with my career goal and I also I contact prof Kimberly of the CIS department who is presently conducting a research in cloud security..... I told Him of I am interested in the research and he told me he will be glad to have me in his research team.

Vo. How many schools did you apply for

Me. 3 , University of Dayton Ohio, University of Monmouth, Culums VA.

Vo. Where is University of Monmouth located.

Me. New Jersey *but wasn't too sure* even though I was right.

Vo. So how did you hear about this school.

Me. I heard about this from a Senior colleague of mine who has a first hand experience of schooling here and told me about how the school has a strong mentoring program and a peer assisted learning program which will help me understand courses bring taught better.

Vo. What school did you finish your bachelor's

Me. Futa

Vo. What course

Me. Statistics

Vo. What year?

Me. 2013

Vo. What will CIS do for you?

Me. Presently I work as a database administrator in my firm, where we are basically an enterprise solutions provider I believe it will help me to compete for more prominent and managerial roles in my firm and also it will equip me with technical skills to become a leading IT Consultant in enterprise solutions here in Nigeria

Vo. Did you write any exam?

Me. No It was waived because or my job experience.

Vo. Who is paying?

Me. My Dad

Vo. What does He do?

Me. He is a real estate developer and also into farming.

Vo. Types for a long time then the says Sorry you are not eligible for this visa, and gave me the blue paper.

Please guys where did I go wrong even though I admit I might have been a bit nervous cos it was my first time.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ozone984: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

For your GPA level, check out Troy University Alabama, Miami University and Bowling Green State University the last 2 both in Ohio.

Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by vivyval(f): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2018
Greetings from California!!
In honor of my friend babsfad who just got approved today, I am willing to pay the full cost of GRE for one candidate here who needs it; pls if you can comfortably afford it , leave it for those who can’t.
It’s funny when I look at the happenings in Nigeria from here; it’s quite appalling! Am not discouraging anyone, and this is strictly my opinion but, I believe Nigeria is not for the youth, therefore run while you can. I was living above average in Lagos before I left, but guys, according to the Bible, there is the glory of the sun, and that of the stars and moon, and each one is different! I tell anyone that cares to listen, run, it’s not easy here, but , ‘easy ‘ is in levels. The God that did it for me, will do it for you all.. He is the same God!
For those yet to be approved, put every advice and info you get on this thread to work, do your homework, have faith in God; and you will scale through. Exactly two years ago, I was on the other side.. it’s a lot different now. I give God all the glory!!
Once again, thank you to all my bosses; bigfrancis, justwise, deetus, lagosismyhome, etc. for giving selflessly to this group since I joined in 2016, May the good Lord continue to increase you guys on every side.
Peace and blessings!

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.