Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916583 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Arizona042: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=bigfrancis21 post=66403725]

Just let him be. I stopped responding to him when he said I am envious of him. Everyone who knows me personally knows that I am very far from that. I don't envy people. Sometimes when you are telling our people how things truly are, they think you are jealous of them. Except you are telling them exactly what they want to hear, you are envious or jealous of them. Notice how every veteran here currently in the US has tried to caution his exuberance but he thinks he knows it all more than us. It is good to aim high and have high dreams but at the same time be reasonable. Experience they say is the best teacher. America is not as easy as newly arrived Nigerians always think. Few months later reality will set in. It happens to everyone.

Just let him be.[/quote

Big bros leave that guy, everything you said here is true.Your analysis is on point.

I have a friend, we graduated in the same faculty in UNN in 2013.He was the best in faculty. VC sponsored his masters in civil engineering in Columbia University, an ivy league and in top ten uni in America. Spent more than $70k.

Dude graduated and started working in a construction coy in New York but he always complain of lack of money and having too much bills to pay! I had a financial problem some time ago and asked him to lend me $300 to pay back in a month but to my greatest suprise, this guy said he does have!!! Each time he enters nija, he does it on a very low key to shy away from friends.Even his parents can relate to this!

now, he has enrolled in coding botcamp in order to get a job in IT industry even after paying millions of naira in Columbia.

Bros, leave them make dem dey quote figures, make dem go borrow $1million go school for America, e go clear them for eye!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Arizona042: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Just let him be. I stopped responding to him when he said I am envious of him. Everyone who knows me personally knows that I am very far from that. I don't envy people. Sometimes when you are telling our people how things truly are, they think you are jealous of them. Except you are telling them exactly what they want to hear, you are envious or jealous of them. Notice how every veteran here currently in the US has tried to caution his exuberance but he thinks he knows it all more than us. It is good to aim high and have high dreams but at the same time be reasonable. Experience they say is the best teacher. America is not as easy as newly arrived Nigerians always think. Few months later reality will set in. It happens to everyone.

Just let him be.

Big bros leave that guy, everything you said here is true.Your analysis is on point.
I have a friend, we graduated in the same faculty in UNN in 2013.He was the best in faculty. VC sponsored his masters in civil engineering in Columbia University, an ivy league and in top ten uni in America. Spent more than $70k.
Dude graduated and started working in a construction coy in New York but he always complain of lack of money and having too much bills to pay! I had a financial problem some time ago and asked him to lend me $300 to pay back in a month but to my greatest suprise, this guy said he does have!!! Each time he enters nija, he does it on a very low key to shy away from friends.Even his parents can relate to this!
now, he has enrolled in coding botcamp in order to get a job in IT industry even after paying millions of naira in Columbia.
Bros, leave them make dem dey quote figures, make dem go borrow $1million go school for America, e go clear them for

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello house, I had a 2.2 in agricultural extension at uni ibadan, I want to study for my masters in usa, I want to know about schs that receive payments on arrival
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Philadelphia: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
santricedupas:
Hello house, I had a 2.2 in agricultural extension at uni ibadan, I want to study for my masters in usa, I want to know about schs that receive payments on arrival

okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shaddy1k: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=63156889][/quote]

Dear all, please I will be applying for a student Visa in the next 2 months if I get any good funding offer from the US by the end of the month and would want to even start preparing just in case.
Honestly, I have been working for some time now in a lowly paid area for some time now, a meagre salary which is usually paid over the counter. However, I have been able to save some little money at a microcredit firm and would like to find out if I could take the savings bank statement from a microfinance firm to the interview? Also, I will be glad for your assistance in helping me identify the documents, items or expressions to convince the VO that I plan to just go and improve my life through education in the United States in order to be gainfully employed afterwards. Thank you in advance for your counsel. Regards.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=Arizona042 post=66481344][/quote]

Hahahahahhahahahahaha
You funny!
Why would Prof dash you $300 just like that?
Is he Father Christmas?
Abi he no get him own personal problems?
Na bad belle dey worry you seriously!
See as you dey monitor him life
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
author=Arizona042 post=66481344]

Hahahahahhahahahahaha
You funny!
Is he Father Christmas?
Mtchew
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2018
Arizona042:

Bros, leave them make dem dey quote figures, make dem go borrow $1million go school for America, e go clear them for

Hahahahahhahahahahaha
You funny!
Is he Father Christmas?
Mtchew

My problem with peeps like you is that you all have big phones and subscribe heavily but you hardly use it to check real facts online. The best you do with your smart phones and data is to stalk ladies on Facebook and stream xvideos online

Instead of checking for facts yourself, you rely on recommendations from people who know nothing about the questions you ask.

See you, monitoring Chinedu's life. Someone that has done well for himself and his family. Your envy make you come online dey talk bad against him.

Well done!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Owopet18: 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hi guys.
Pls i have a question.
I went for an interview on Tuesday for a student visa.and i wasn't given, will you advice me to re apply for a visa?.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
Owopet18:
Hi guys.
Pls i have a question.
I went for an interview on Tuesday for a student visa.and i wasn't given, will you advice me to re apply for a visa?.

Transcript....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
martAKINOLA:
Visa interview last week March 19
This was how it went

VO: good morning
Me: good mornings
VO: what are you going to do in the US
ME: to pursue my degree in computer science in the university of central Missouri
VO: what are your post graduate plans
ME: come back to Nigeria immediately, I have many opportunities, work with the federal government and taking over my parents business
VO: what's your parent business?
ME: cocoa merchant, they have a lot of lands in the southwest area with cocoa cultivations on it
VO: good
VO: how does this course help your parent business?
Me: they do sell the cocoa seeds to various customers which the use of computer is very essential for some transactions, so with that I'll be of great help
VO: how many schools did you apply for
ME: 3
VO: name the other 2
ME: eastern Illinois university and university of Memphis
V:O have you travelled before
ME: yes
VO: where?
ME: Ghana and Togo

He nodded his head throughout which shows cool

He sha kept typing for long that was where I knew something is happening

VO:He just suddenly said I'm sorry you don't have the requirements
He returned my stuffs

Guys where is my error

I'm sorry for your denial. Amongst other factors that culminated to your denial, I notice you gave a very poor response to the bolded question above. computer science is all about programming and software developing and has nothing to do with business transactions. You do not need a degree to learn how to use MS word, excel and other simple tools for business transactions. The VO was well aware of this fact and obvsiouly knew that you don't intend to use your computer science degree for your father's business. Prepare a better response next time and carry out mock interviews with experienced people....hope this helps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Arizona042: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
For you to mention someone's name in such a public forum shows how immature you are! How old are you nigger!!

I did not call any name, I didnt beg him money ,neither do I envy him. I am not doing badly either. I invest in US and Nigerian Stock markets. I am not here to mock him also cos he is a very good friend of mine up to this moment . In fact, he is the one that did all my US school online payments from GRE, schools app to SEVIS.

I just want to point to you that it is not so easy as you think. No hard feelings.

This is the last time I will reply cos I don't want to derail this thread.

Peace!!!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2018
Arizona042:

For you to mention someone's name in such a public forum shows how immature you are! How old are you nigger!!

I did not call any name, I didnt beg him money ,neither do I envy him. I am not doing badly either. I invest in US and Nigerian Stock markets. I am not here to mock him also cos he is a very good friend of mine up to this moment . In fact, he is the one that did all my US school online payments from GRE, schools app to SEVIS.

I just want to point to you that it is not so easy as you think. No hard feelings.

This is the last time I will reply cos I don't want to derail this thread.

Peace!!!

Hehehehehehee
Did I ask you what you do for a living?
Does coming online and trying to speak negative things about the personality of someone in a public forum show maturity?
Do you know if he, his friends or brothers read this thread?

Is he obligated to help you?
Do you know if he has the money but doesn't want to help you?

Even celebrities like soccer players who earn $500k+ weekly hide from public view because they can't feed e everyone

Prof has nothing to prove to you. He doesn't have to splash money on you for you to know that he is doing fine. He owes you no explanation for how he lives his life.

I hope he doesn't see this sha
A "friend" coming out to say stuffs about this in a public forum tells a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2018
Owopet18:
Hi guys.
Pls i have a question.

Transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
Arizona042:

Dude graduated and started working in a construction coy in New York but he always complain of lack of money and having too much bills to pay![b] I had a financial problem some time ago and asked him to lend me $300 to pay back in a month but to my greatest suprise, this guy said he does have!!! [/b]Each time he enters nija, he does it on a very low key to shy away from friends.Even his parents can relate to this!
Now let's not get carried away here, one thing has nothing to do with the other....
He did not give you because you don't pay... Simple.
Some people don't just like familiar spirit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Owopet18: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
winterstorm:

Transcript....
She didn't ask for any document..just a few questions and she said i wasn't qualified for a visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 2by5: 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello guys, am new here. Read a lot on this thread though. Please i need your help.

- I studied Theatre Arts and presently working as a customer care representative. I want to study Digital marketing- need your advice on this.

- I finished secondary school in 2003 and university in 2010. Do I stand a chance in doing a graduate course or do i just go for Masters.

Thank you for your answers. Please am in a desperate need of help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bee17(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello room...please I need a mock interview cos my appointment date is near... thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
Owopet18:

She didn't ask for any document.. just a few questions and she said i wasn't qualified for a svisa
Not necessarily the documents, undecided
It's very important for you to remember those questions plus your answers.....
Like what school? college/ university.
which Program? Bs/Ms/Ph.
His /Her demeanor or reaction to your answers..
and all.
Try to remember... Write them out like the ones you have here. I'm sure we can figure it out.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by realdude88: 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
All the best to the call applicants.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by solidman59(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bro this is not a politics thread, which normally ought to be educative by the way.

We are all here to learn or contribute to other people's learning. Must you challenge every post about your MBA issue with insults? Please try to maintain the statusquo in this thread and refrain from your harsh responses, they're not necessary. Nobody is stopping you from going for your MBA in any of the top schools. The summary of their suggestions is that it doesn't always pan out exactly the way you are assuming it will be.

And obviously you seem not to agree so it's ok. It's not as if you've not searched for, or liked any lady on Facebook before...
Chidinho10:

Hahahahahhahahahahaha
You funny!
Is he Father Christmas?
Mtchew

My problem with peeps like you is that you all have big phones and subscribe heavily but you hardly use it to check real facts online. The best you do with your smart phones and data is to stalk ladies on Facebook and stream xvideos online

Instead of checking for facts yourself, you rely on recommendations from people who know nothing about the questions you ask.

See you, monitoring Chinedu's life. Someone that has done well for himself and his family. Your envy make you come online dey talk bad against him.

Well done!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:06am On Apr 07, 2018
Enough of all these arguments pls. That's not what this thread is for.
Please people in the house, can one get a GA or scholarship through GRE alone? Or must the scholarship come from GRE and TOEFL
?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elevatedmind: 5:29am On Apr 07, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 2by5: 5:41am On Apr 07, 2018
Abeg, make una epp my life naaa, am new to this thing and clueless, thank you.

2by5:
Hello guys, am new here. Read a lot on this thread though. Please i need your help.

- I studied Theatre Arts and presently working as a customer care representative. I want to study Digital marketing- need your advice on this.

- I finished secondary school in 2003 and university in 2010. Do I stand a chance in doing a graduate course or do i just go for Masters.

Thank you for your answers. Please am in a desperate need of help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2018
TravelDrim:
Enough of all these arguments pls. That's not what this thread is for.
Please people in the house, can one get a GA or scholarship through GRE alone? Or must the scholarship come from GRE and TOEFL
?

It's a holistic thing: GRE is a graduate requirement for admission which a very high score can show you deserve a funding from the school. However, your UG transcripts, SOP are also important in getting funding. TOEFL is just an English proficiency exam, not a yardstick for funding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2018
2by5:
Abeg, make una epp my life naaa, am new to this thing and clueless, thank you.

Go to google to see schools that offer that course in the US and check their requirements, follow by emailing the schools coordinators with your background's suitability for the program.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BBFE: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2018
Arizona042:
Hello gurus in the house,

I received my i 20 last week. I submitted my inlaw's statement acc. but my i20 is nt bearing her name.Rather, it was written "Family funds": $Bleep

can I go with my dad's account to embassy since there is no name and relationship of my sponsor written in the 120?

Bigfrancis21,lagosismyhome .

Arizona042:

From your submission, Chinedu is not doing well that is why stays low when he enters Naija. It is also because of this his financial misfortune that he can't lend you $300 and can't take care of his parents. Yet you want to risk it all to go study in the US when you do not have a sponsor.

You are hating on someone that is even trying to show you the way. You came online to malign his person thinking that you'll not be found out. well done unfriendly friend

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2018
Kyautaz:
What if the school requires only TOEFL?

The school website / requirement should be your best guide
If the school requires only TOEFL then that ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2018
Hey guys, is anyone currently studying Msc in Biochemistry??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by demiiii(f): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Am sorry, I cant see any messages in the pm.
chinemomah2020:

Hello Demiiii

I sent you a PM kindly respond. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lionlee216(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
Lagosismyhome always says to F1 students coming to the US to study. Always look out for highly ranked universities to apply to if your are looking for H1B. She is so right unfortunately Twood is also right. I cant remember how many rejection mails i have gotten due to the fact im not looking for sponsorship as i have my EAD. Almost every application i have filled will be saying "are you authorised to work in the US OR will you require visa sponsorship now or later in the future?"

Some will even say "There is no visa sponsorship for this program".

My opinion

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.